Thread: Help with bus speed

Balls-Of-Steel

Question Help with bus speed

Hello, I would like to change the bus speed on my AMD K6-2 333. Right now it's at 95.25 x 3.5. But I have no idea how to actually change it! is it in BIOS?<if so i can't find it> or on the motherboard?....please help. Thank you in advance!

Cool

It should be In your bios under CPU attributes or something simliar, at least thats were it is in mine if your running at 95.25 thats not to bad Im only at 100mhz

------------------
    You Do Not Know The True Power Of The DarkSide
    "Quoted By ExarKun From Dark Lords Of The Sith " 4000 Years Before Vader Said It

It depends on what Motherboard you have. So what kind of mobo do you have?

------------------
    Brent a.k.a Borg Drone
    Owner/Webmaster
    The websites:
    eXplosive3D up soon www.mngamers.com/explosive3d
    Gamers Reality up soon www.gamersreality.com

Out the 100TX, through the switch, down the cable modem, over the fiber optics, off the bridge, past the head end office....nothing but Net

Balls-Of-Steel

Exclamation

Ok I dont know what kinf of mother board i have, the makers have not replied to my email so..heres what i do know. It's an AMD K6-2 333Mhz the box is UMAX, and i think they make thier own mobo's, i cant find any specs on it other than 100mhz motherboard..I have looked at it before, does it actually say on it tho?

It might say on the mobo itself, maybe on the edge somewhere or it might be under an ISA slot etc, get a flashlight and look around real hard.

Without knowing what type of mobo it is then you have little change of figuring out what bus speeds it supports and how you change the bus speed.

------------------
    Brent a.k.a Borg Drone
    Owner/Webmaster
    The websites:
    eXplosive3D up soon http://www.mngamers.com/explosive3d
    Gamers Reality up soon http://www.gamersreality.com

Out the 100TX, through the switch, down the cable modem, over the fiber optics, off the bridge, past the head end office....nothing but Net

Balls-Of-Steel

Ok, i figured it out. its says right behind the video card, It's an M5ALA mobo...yeah..ok the voltage is set by those little<dip> switches i take it? theres 6...ok i heard you have to move the jumpers to change the bus speed,i "think" i "found" them, so i started messing with em, there is 4 <i think their jumpers?> there little tiny plastic pieces <red> that join 2 pins..only one however is actually joining 2 pins..the other 3 are open? <or would you call it closed?> so anyways, so i connected the top one and left the 3rd one connected too, rebooted....did cpu id....nothing changed..so i diconnected the 3rd on and left the 1st one attached ....rebooted...nothing changed...i went through all of them...nothing changed. then i rebooted with out connecting any of them...nothing changed its said i was running at the original speed...wtf? well i thought i'd just update y'all on my progress...the search continues...oh yeah one last thing if you like overclocking check out this place i found www.frostyfox.com all i can say is HOLY @#$%!