Thread: Illinois Governor Taken Into Custody

Illinois Governor Taken Into Custody

This is after he speaks on behalf of people in that big workers sit in protest... That should help those guys out even more having someone breaking the law helping them

Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich was arrested Tuesday on charges of conspiring to get financial benefits through his authority to appoint a U.S. senator to fill the vacancy left by Barack Obama's election as president.

According to a federal criminal complaint, Blagojevich also was charged with illegally threatening to withhold state assistance to Tribune Co., the owner of the Chicago Tribune, in the sale of Wrigley Field. In return for state assistance, Blagojevich allegedly wanted members of the paper's editorial board who had been critical of him fired.
    Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich has ordered all state agencies to stop doing business with Bank of America to pressure the company to help workers who are staging a sit-in at a shuttered Chicago plant.

The move is leverage to convince the North Carolina-based bank to use some of its federal bailout money to resolve the situation at Republic Windows and Doors.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/...pStoryHeadline

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/...n4653729.shtml

So he's right on one point and terribly wrong on others. It's hard to believe he's not in with the current White House insiders.

In defense of Bank of America, they did indicate that they wouldn't be doing business with companies who mined the tops off of mountains. Also, I should mention that according to them, the company in question on this sit-in, is a high risk loan thing.

To be honest if I were that company I'd call the cops on them to have them removed so they can do their sit in outside the gates..it is private property.

I don't know the full details of that either but thats how I would handle this "sit inside" issue..cause who knows what they are doing while in their...someone get mad and kill someone else and then look what you have to do deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    To be honest if I were that company I'd call the cops on them to have them removed so they can do their sit in outside the gates..it is private property.

I don't know the full details of that either but thats how I would handle this "sit inside" issue..cause who knows what they are doing while in their...someone get mad and kill someone else and then look what you have to do deal with.
    That's quite an emotional response there, Sava.

Do you have any idea why those people are doing that?

I should also point out that the Freepers are in 7th heaven. It's something to rub off on Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by downhill View Post
    That's quite an emotional response there, Sava.

Do you have any idea why those people are doing that?
    Yeah and I feel for them wanting to be paid if they deserve it..but the issue comes to liability on behalf of the company. Again, someone gets really pissed and kills another worker for whatever reason in the building..then the responsibility just fell back on the company for not ejecting them from the building using the police if needed. I'm sure there are sidewalks they could stand on outside the property line to protest on.

I've been enjoying the media circus this week.

The night before he was arrested, the local news showed clips of Blagojevich at the rally.

Aty the end of the rally, Blagojevich scoffed at the FBI and made some smart remarks along the lines of "... carrying tape recorders in their coats when they see me, what do they think this is Nixon and Watergate?"

So I've been having a ball following this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post

There are idiots everywhere.

At work, in forums, in poetry classes, everywhere!

I like how Leno says his name, "Bla-son-of-a-btich"