Thread: Need a loading screen screenshot from fallout 3.

404 Sanity Not Found PsykoPenguin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Need a loading screen screenshot from fallout 3.

Does anyone have this for the PC?
    If so, can you do me a little itty bitty favor?
    I want a screen shot of the loading screen that says "Support our troops, buy war bonds today!"
    minimum of 1024 x 768 resolution in png32 format. please?
    Nice, crisp, clear picture. I'm not one to really care about all the extras like all the text at the sides and the likes, I'll just have a friend edit it all out.
    I really want this image but I only have the 360 version as I doubt my computer could really handle fallout 3.
    Last edited by PsykoPenguin; 12-03-08 at 01:38 PM.
    "I'm like a lion on the prowl after prey"

i got you one minute
    If you won't stand behind the troops then you can trying standing in front of them.

Blog Entries
    Goody! I thought no one would be able to fill my request.

i went through every loading screen and have yet to find it on pc.you think its only on the 360 version?r
    If you won't stand behind the troops then you can trying standing in front of them.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by opmharley View Post
    i went through every loading screen and have yet to find it on pc.you think its only on the 360 version?r
    bah, well that just blows, I guess I'll need someone with a capture card.
    I really wanted that loading screen, it was funny.

it was the only one I really liked.

ah well, thanks for trying anyway. maybe someday I'll come across someone with a capture card and the game on a 360. I can only dream...

I was looking to decorate my bike with some Fallout 3 art so I found your post, and as I figured out what to do, I thought I'd share.

It's not that hard to extract the loading screen images.
    1. Download, install and open up Fallout Mod Manager
    2. Use Fallout Mod Manager to extract the file "Fallout - Textures.bsa" from your Fallout 3 folder
    3. Download The Gimp image editor
    4. Download DDS file format plugin for Gimp and open up the .dds files you extracted in step 2.
    5. Save the image in your preferred format.

Oh, and here's the image I think you were looking for, in PNG format. I know, my karma is insane.

http://www.box.net/shared/p1p7in4mbh

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by schimmel View Post
    I was looking to decorate my bike with some Fallout 3 art so I found your post, and as I figured out what to do, I thought I'd share.

It's not that hard to extract the loading screen images.
    1. Download, install and open up Fallout Mod Manager
    2. Use Fallout Mod Manager to extract the file "Fallout - Textures.bsa" from your Fallout 3 folder
    3. Download The Gimp image editor
    4. Download DDS file format plugin for Gimp and open up the .dds files you extracted in step 2.
    5. Save the image in your preferred format.

Oh, and here's the image I think you were looking for, in PNG format. I know, my karma is insane.

http://www.box.net/shared/p1p7in4mbh
    My gawd, thanks a lot. I think there's more than one version though the one I had in mind was with the person in power armor I believe, might have my loading screens mixed up or maybe that was exclusive to the 360 version. Ah well, still it gets the message across. Thanks again Schimmel.

I should just snatch up a copy of Fallout 3 for the PC and just have it installed for the sake of getting loading screens and such.
    Last edited by PsykoPenguin; 06-23-09 at 09:18 PM.

You're welcome, it's fun to see more people appreciating the incredibly nicely done art Bethesda has created for Fallout 3, so no probs.

I looked through the folder containing the loading screens a second time, and there is no other one with this quote on it. There are a lot of other stuff tho, that will make for some really cool looking stickers.

I have to go now.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by schimmel View Post
    You're welcome, it's fun to see more people appreciating the incredibly nicely done art Bethesda has created for Fallout 3, so no probs.

I looked through the folder containing the loading screens a second time, and there is no other one with this quote on it. There are a lot of other stuff tho, that will make for some really cool looking stickers.

I have to go now.
    Indeed it is nice to see people enjoy the art of all things, probably more overlooked than anything else.

Well then it's probably just a 360 loading screen then, I'll have to play some more Fallout 3 later on today, it's a must. Well if you can send those loading screens to me that'd be appreciated, I want to look through them see if I can find anything else of interest. Maybe I'll make a sticker out of this war bonds one but for now it just sits as my desktop background, whatever resolution it comes in is fine.