Hello all,

I am successfully running Firmware Version : v2.07.0, HyperWRT + thibor17 rc3 on Linksys WRTSL54GS (with USB port).

I already have connected multiple USB storage devices to it by adding a small self powered USB hub. All devices work fine and are shown under the storage menu in the web configuration interface.

Can I add a USB printer to USB hub as well. Has anyone tried and got it working successfully. Where is it shown in the web interface. How is it connected to other PCs on the LAN. I guess it appears as a shared printer on the router device when browsed in network neighborhood.

Does any other 3rd Party firmware provides better compatibility for USB supported devices. As far as I know only HyperWRT provides in-built USB support, since in all other firmwares (Tomator, DD-WRT, OpenWRT) there is limited USB support or you have to compile packages and add them to get things working via troubleshooting. Something I would like to avoid. So correct me if I am wrong.

Is a specific USB printer model working or any USB printer would work. (I am planning to buy HP CM -1312 MFP Color Laser, so dont want surprises after having it.).

Regards for any guidance.
AlterEgo.