Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: More cockroaches expected in Florida

  1. #1
    ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ downhill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    My Own Private Idaho
    Posts
    34,796

    More cockroaches expected in Florida

    First it was hanging chads...then it was Harris's twins, now it's giant cockroaches.

    What's next?


    ORLANDO, Fla., Nov. 9 (UPI) -- Florida researchers say a hissing cockroach that grows as big as 5 inches inadvertently could be released in the state and, if so, would thrive.

    The Madagascar hissing cockroach is one of four species of roach readily available on the Internet to lizard owners who purchase them illegally, said Phil Hoehler, an entomologist with the University of Florida.



    http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2008/11/...1751226264546/

  2. #2
    Moderator Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    30,761

  3. #3
    resident plumber Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    .
    Posts
    13,148
    oh hell no, that is the one bug i really freak out about when i see one, i really hate them scummy little suckers,


  4. #4
    Second Most EVIL YARDofSTUF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    69,992
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    oh hell no, that is the one bug i really freak out about when i see one, i really hate them scummy little suckers,

    Not quite so little either.

  5. #5
    resident plumber Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    .
    Posts
    13,148
    Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    Not quite so little either.
    ya, that makes it even worse still, i had to addblock that image just to reply to this, ewwwwwwwwwwwww.

  6. #6
    R.I.P. 2018-07-16 RoundEye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    In a dry but moldy New Orleans, Louisiana
    Posts
    18,219
    A five inch roach? My wife is gonna **** herself.

    I bet those things make a boom instead of crunch when you step on one.
    Sliding down the banister of life ..........................

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    oh hell no, that is the one bug i really freak out about when i see one, i really hate them scummy little suckers,


















    Yeah, I know. If I saw one, I would probably freak!

  8. #8
    Resident Atheist Dan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Orangevale ,Ca
    Posts
    18,682
    Quote Originally Posted by downhill View Post
    First it was hanging chads...then it was Harris's twins, now it's giant cockroaches.

    What's next?


    ORLANDO, Fla., Nov. 9 (UPI) -- Florida researchers say a hissing cockroach that grows as big as 5 inches inadvertently could be released in the state and, if so, would thrive.

    The Madagascar hissing cockroach is one of four species of roach readily available on the Internet to lizard owners who purchase them illegally, said Phil Hoehler, an entomologist with the University of Florida.



    http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2008/11/...1751226264546/
    and people call california a crazy place !?!?!?

  9. #9
    Best In Show Noevo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    SD
    Posts
    14,188
    Rumors of my return to Florida have been greatly exaggerated

  10. #10
    Token Dial-up User De Plano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    4,072
    Have you heard about the lionfish problem? They have spread from a tank that was smashed during hurricane Andrew in Florida to reach from the Bahamas to Long Island. They can all be traced back to those original six fish.

    Craziness

  11. #11
    Second Most EVIL YARDofSTUF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    69,992
    Quote Originally Posted by Noevo View Post
    Rumors of my return to Florida have been greatly exaggerated

Similar Threads

  1. Could Florida Survive the Big One?
    By Roody in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-08-08, 11:57 AM
  2. Florida considers Christian license plate
    By Roody in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 04-24-08, 03:32 PM
  3. Commentary: Florida, Michigan don't deserve revote
    By Roody in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-14-08, 07:52 AM
  4. DDR3 prices expected to go down fast soon
    By Sava700 in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-27-08, 10:27 PM
  5. Source: Girardi expected to accept Yankees' offer
    By Roody in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-29-07, 12:09 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •