Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why is America turning into a big fat slob?

Why is America turning into a big fat slob?

Does anyone care about their health anymore? We have become a disgustingly lazy society and have no concern for our own health.

Why don't people exercise anymore?
    Why doesn't anyone care about what they put into their body?
    At what point did mediocrity become acceptable?

People don't need vitamins because they get all they need from the food they eat. (YEAH RIGHT) No one gets close to all the required nutrients, which is part of the reason for the obesity problem which leads to disease and is almost the complete reason for the terminal illnesses and other sicknesses people commonly get now. The reason behind Erectile dysfunction, which one may think would be a real motivator for men at the least, but no I'll just drop a couple dollars and take a little blue pill.

The drug manufacturers have the public duped and the politicians and FDA in their pockets. It is time to educate yourself and go organic. It takes some time and dedication, but is very much possible.

In the U.S. for a food to be labeled "All Natural" it must be 75% natural as in not altered by man, no chemicals, no genetic junk, no nothing, just earth.
    Organic is a step better it requires 95% natural.

I recommend a book: Natural cures "They don't want you to know about"
    The author Kevin Trudeau comes off as a bit of a conspiracy LOON totally crazy, however if you do a little bit of internet research and simply watch the news you see some of what he says is very true. He has added a significant amount of EXTREMELY repetitious blather, but among the junk there is some really spectacular information put into one place. A great handbook for anyone who wants to avoid further destroying their body with the harmful chemicals of pharmaceutical drugs.

Tucson, Arizona Processor: GenuineIntel Member #4896
    ahahahahahahahahahahahaha

seriously?

kevin trudeau?

at first I was just assuming you were one of the slightly crazy people that seem to have collided here, but now I see you're just a retard for even remotely suggesting that anything from Trudeau is worth more than the paper it's printed on.

Please go away.
    If your browser can't read unicode, you should probably switch!

Quote Originally Posted by Qwijib0 View Post
    ahahahahahahahahahahahaha

seriously?

kevin trudeau?

at first I was just assuming you were one of the slightly crazy people that seem to have collided here, but now I see you're just a retard for even remotely suggesting that anything from Trudeau is worth more than the paper it's printed on.

Please go away.
    He's just a political troll.

Certified SG Addict
    Curious as to what "mediocrity" has to do with being tubby.

I'm seeing the opposite these days. Many of my friends are getting into great shape and cutting out the fat.

Trying to sell something? Where's the link to your store?

Check out some literature by Michael Colgan he is a doctor who specializes in sports nutrition and has recently gotten extensively into brain health and the prevention of degenerative brain diseases. (ie. Alzheimer)

While he is primarily talking about athletes in most his books he does address the issue of the general public lack of proper nutrition. All his work is backed by his numerous PhD.'s as well as numerous studies by a wide variety of universities and other institutions. His credentials are a mile long take a look at his website. He isn't off the wall like Trudeau, but the basic gist of his information bares some resemblance. Just take a quick look at his bio and do a little research.

www.Colganinstitute.com

Certified SG Addict
    NExt up, Vince from ShamWOW!

No Mountainman, I actually just get really upset with my mom refusing to care for herself when I just watched my grandfather reduced to an infant in about 5 years. I don't want to have to give her the intensive care we had to give him. He didn't have the information available people today do. I saw the very worst of the so called "Cutting edge Preventative Medicine" and all it does is hide one symptom of a problem only to cause three more even worse ones. I see that issue with people all over the U.S. I just want my fellow countrymen to be more aware, better informed, and healthier. With all our technology and individual processing abilities we should all be able to accomplish near optimal health. If you can talk on the phone, smoke, eat, and drive why can't you take a couple less breaks go home an hour later and take after 4 days of work? In that free time there you could do some very basic research about 1-2 hours worth and know most of what you need. Make some fresh dinner with the fam and stay home from Mc-E D's.

Certified SG Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by R0cke113 View Post
    No Mountainman, I actually just get really upset with my mom refusing to care for herself when I just watched my grandfather reduced to an infant in about 5 years. I don't want to have to give her the intensive care we had to give him. He didn't have the information available people today do. I saw the very worst of the so called "Cutting edge Preventative Medicine" and all it does is hide one symptom of a problem only to cause three more even worse ones. I see that issue with people all over the U.S. I just want my fellow countrymen to be more aware, better informed, and healthier. With all our technology and individual processing abilities we should all be able to accomplish near optimal health. If you can talk on the phone, smoke, eat, and drive why can't you take a couple less breaks go home an hour later and take after 4 days of work? In that free time there you could do some very basic research about 1-2 hours worth and know most of what you need. Make some fresh dinner with the fam and stay home from Mc-E D's.
    Actually, it sounds like you want to apply your own sorrows onto everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Burke View Post
    NExt up, Vince from ShamWOW!
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

Ease up on the insults guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    Ease up on the insults guys.
    ... But he called America Ferrera a big fat slob!

Why is America turning into a big fat slob?

Answer: Lack of exercise in relation to caloric intake.

Next question.

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

Why is America turning into a big fat slob?.
    McDonalds,video games,and the internet.

when I was a kid,we actually walked to school,played with real toys(usually outside),and ate good meals as a family.

that all has alot to do with it IMO

In a dry but moldy New Orleans, Louisiana
    ...Why is America turning into a big fat slob?....
    Because we learned to import Mexicans to do our work for us.
    Sliding down the banister of life ..........................

Actually kind of a Epidemic for most powerful nations, except the USA leads the way. But who cares right? If I can order pizza online without getting out of my chair at all, then eat it while I am playing my MMORPG, thats up to me so STFU.

BTW IM not fat
    Give me a fish, and you feed me for a day, teach me to fish and I won't be so damn lazy.

Gimmee a quad-whopper with cheese
    Large Fries
    Large Chocolate Shake
    Apple pie
    & a large diet coke because I'm watching it!
    USMC RETIRED

Steve

Tacoma Guitar Forum

I understand that you care about your mother and do not want to see her health deteriorate over time. You have to remember, you cannot force change on her. Trust me, I know. Make sure you just take care of you.

what should op suck???????
    [ link ]

I'm just looking for peoples opinions on the subject. I put my own personal story out there to try to get my point across a little more clearly. This same thing happens to so many Americans. Our life expectancy is going higher by the day while our healthy life expectancy stays about the same. I just wonder why people don't care about being healthy at all.