Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 242

Thread: New politics & religion sub-forum

  1. #61
    Second Most EVIL YARDofSTUF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    69,990
    Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    It wouldn't hurt to give it a try... it takes less than 10mins to create a sub-forum for it and even less time to remove it.
    Philip doesn't even need to sit down at the PC for it, he just waves his hand across the PC and its done.

  2. #62
    Moderator YeOldeStonecat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Posts
    50,900
    Quote Originally Posted by UOD View Post
    For example, your mod, YoSC, posted the other day that Sarah Palin had a jacuzzi installed in her government owned mansion at her own expense. Well, that was false. She had a tanning bed installed. I did the research and it was false. So I posted to correct this falsehood. Now if YoSC continued to deny that....then his statement would become a lie. [/B]
    Holy NitPick over something more useless batman. A bathroom luxury was what was in my mind. The point of my post was not the specific details of the bath luxury accessory she installed, the point of my post was in just having fun with DH...and specifically DH....with regards to the dems and the repubs finger pointing each other in using funds for personal luxuries.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

  3. #63
    Resident Atheist Dan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Orangevale ,Ca
    Posts
    18,682
    I think Philip should create a sub forum for discussing the making of sub forums !

  4. #64
    Maneater JawZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Posts
    21,935
    Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    Holy NitPick over something more useless batman. A bathroom luxury was what was in my mind. The point of my post was not the specific details of the bath luxury accessory she installed, the point of my post was in just having fun with DH...and specifically DH....with regards to the dems and the repubs finger pointing each other in using funds for personal luxuries.

    It was an example Chef Boyardee. Simma down....or simma some beans!!!!!


    As an aside, even though she paid for it with her own money, the taxpayers of Alaska pay her salary with tax dollars. So was it really her money? The same goes for that other chowder head Edwards.

    Back on topic........

    ...formerly the omnipotent UOD

  5. #65
    Moderator YeOldeStonecat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Posts
    50,900
    Quote Originally Posted by UOD View Post
    There are currently two methods to get a premium membership, write articles for SG and in turn get membership, or pay for it out of your own pocket and get membership.
    Actually there are more than 2 ways.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

  6. #66
    Maneater JawZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Posts
    21,935
    Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    Actually there are more than 2 ways.

    Well....cat got your tongue? Out with it already!!!!!!!

    ...formerly the omnipotent UOD

  7. #67
    Ohh Hell yeah.. Sava700's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    24,052
    Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    Actually there are more than 2 ways.
    yep I plan on carving a sweet pumpkin this weekend to win a years worth

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by UOD View Post
    Well....cat got your tongue? Out with it already!!!!!!!
    You can beg like Randy does.

  9. #69
    Moderator YeOldeStonecat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Posts
    50,900
    Quote Originally Posted by UOD View Post
    Well....cat got your tongue? Out with it already!!!!!!!
    Staff for one
    Contests, ala Savas suggestion, has been another.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

  10. #70
    Maneater JawZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Posts
    21,935
    Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    Staff for one
    Contests, ala Savas suggestion, has been another.
    Those are only one time offerings and are quite random/variable....the two static ways of getting premium memberships are the ones I posted. But yes, you can get a premium membership from staff or being a contest winner but then you'd have to wait for such an opportunity.

    ...formerly the omnipotent UOD

  11. #71
    Moderator YeOldeStonecat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Posts
    50,900
    Just being "factual" there Mr Fact Man.

    You stated "There are currently two methods to get"...indeed there are more, as mentioned above.

    And technically, since we're being factual, the Halloween prize method is "yearly", not a "one time offering"..since Halloween happens and is celebrated here in the US yearly.

    Just the "Facts"..ya know? If we're going to wear this "fact" hat..might as well wear it properly.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post

    ... "yearly", not a "one time offering"..since Halloween happens and is celebrated here in the US yearly.

    wait.......what?

  13. #73
    Maneater JawZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Posts
    21,935
    Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    Just being "factual" there Mr Fact Man.

    You stated "There are currently two methods to get"...indeed there are more, as mentioned above.

    And technically, since we're being factual, the Halloween prize method is "yearly", not a "one time offering"..since Halloween happens and is celebrated here in the US yearly.

    Just the "Facts"..ya know? If we're going to wear this "fact" hat..might as well wear it properly.

    I'm giving you credit to keep the peace. Technically you are wrong because I said there are two ways for you to GET a premium membership. Your third way is not getting but actually receiving. I can get myself a membership by my two stated methods. You can NOT get a membership from the staff or declare yourself a winner in a contest....you have to be GIVEN the membership from a staff member or be given the membership as the result of winning a SG contest. You can also be GIVEN a membership by another member.

    So are we now technically factual?

    and my two methods apply to everyone who does my stated actions....writing articles or paying. Your method only applies to a contest winner or the receiver of good will.

    ...formerly the omnipotent UOD

  14. #74
    Senior Member Gixxer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9,471
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzo View Post
    wait.......what?
    halloween happens yearly, therefore the chance at a premium membership happens more than once in this instance.
    a.k.a. GSXR 750

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer View Post
    halloween happens yearly, therefore the chance at a premium membership happens more than once in this instance.


    Still happens once per year even in Bizarro world.

  16. #76
    Moderator YeOldeStonecat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Posts
    50,900
    Quote Originally Posted by UOD View Post
    I'm giving you credit to keep the peace. Technically you are wrong because I said there are two ways for you to GET a premium membership. Your third way is not getting but actually receiving. I can get myself a membership by my two stated methods. You can NOT get a membership from the staff or declare yourself a winner in a contest....you have to be GIVEN the membership from a staff member or be given the membership as the result of winning a SG contest. You can also be GIVEN a membership by another member.

    So are we now technically factual?

    and my two methods apply to everyone who does my stated actions....writing articles or paying. Your method only applies to a contest winner or the receiver of good will.

    You assume too much of the word "get"....there are no guarantees.
    It's given to you via whichever approach you use to get it.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

  17. #77
    Senior Member Gixxer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9,471
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzo View Post
    Still happens once per year even in Bizarro world.
    funny, multiple years, i think, equals multiple memberships....even in d1ck world.
    a.k.a. GSXR 750

  18. #78
    Imperial Impotentate brembo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    crawlspaces
    Posts
    18,725
    Quote Originally Posted by UOD View Post
    I am not here for my ego at all. I remain here for the same reasons that someone like Burke stays....because we believe that sometimes, we need to beat the citizenship back into our fellow Americans.

    Name the place and time and I'm there. BYOGB*


    *Bring your own gagball.
    Tao_Jones Cult Member since 2004
    I gave Miss Manners a Dirty Sanchez, and she LIKED it.

  19. #79
    Imperial Impotentate brembo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    crawlspaces
    Posts
    18,725
    Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer View Post
    funny, multiple years, i think, equals multiple memberships....even in d1ck world.
    What are the chances of me getting a work visa as "bi-curious"?
    Tao_Jones Cult Member since 2004
    I gave Miss Manners a Dirty Sanchez, and she LIKED it.

  20. #80
    Senior Member Gixxer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9,471
    Quote Originally Posted by brembo View Post
    What are the chances of me getting a work visa as "bi-curious"?
    i'd say good
    a.k.a. GSXR 750

Similar Threads

  1. Forum Rules !
    By Philip in forum News and Announcements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-07-14, 10:53 AM
  2. php programmer needed for forum
    By seethefeelings in forum Programming Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-24-09, 09:16 AM
  3. Forum problems,,,
    By Goliard in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-23-08, 06:39 PM
  4. I got banned from a forum before I could even post.. LOL
    By koldchillah in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 02-28-07, 06:46 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •