Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: New politics & religion sub-forum

Like DH states UOD it's not that we think it's a terrible idea. Shoot I wouldn't have a problem with trying it. That said I do agree with Philip and DH that it's probably going to cause more problems. Either the GD forum will lose alot of posts or the new political forum will drop in interest within a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzo View Post
    It is the point and that wasn't the question. It's a pretty simple question which can be answer either with a yes or a no. We're not interested in introspection... do you get infractions?

Yes I have. LOL Of course it was a test.

Now, why would you think that I'd need one? If you do, can you link me to a specific example?

Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    Good for them. We believe it's necessary at times unfortunately.

But what does it achieve? Harmony?

I just want to carry on adult conversation the way I would carry on if I were at work or with family/friends. SG is tame. I don't know where you go...but this place is like the wading end of a kiddie pool lol. I get mad when some of the brats poop in the pool.

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

Quote Originally Posted by downhill View Post
    Yes I have. LOL Of course it was a test.

Now, why would you think that I'd need one? If you do, can you link me to a specific example?
    I never said you did need one. Go back and read if needed.

And you guys wonder why traffic suffers?
    Judging from some of the PM's I get, I have not a single doubt why traffic suffers.

Quote Originally Posted by UOD View Post
    But what does it achieve? Harmony?

I just want to carry on adult conversation the way I would carry on if I were at work or with family/friends. SG is tame. I don't know where you go...but this place is like the wading end of a kiddie pool lol. I get mad when some of the brats poop in the pool.
    Here is the thing man. You state you want to carry on an adult conversation. The thing is to the best of my knowledge no one on staff myself included thinks adult conversations are filled with personal attacks on others.

I never said you did need one. Go back and read if needed.

No need to read. Thank you for now giving the idea that we are angels. That's not the case but thanks for the input.

Judging from some of the PM's I get, I have not a single doubt why traffic suffers.
    Agreed.

Like DH states UOD it's not that we think it's a terrible idea. Shoot I wouldn't have a problem with trying it. That said I do agree with Philip and DH that it's probably going to cause more problems. Either the GD forum will lose alot of posts or the new political forum will drop in interest within a few weeks.

I guess I just don't understand how it's going to cause more problems. We already have problems...I suggest HIDING them in a private forum. If there is leakage....BAN.

It really is just that simple. I know without a shadow of a doubt that I can keep my self straight and contain my diatribe to that forum if it were created.

Are you suggesting that I take as truth what you say? Are you also saying that potential new members PM you ahead of time and complain about the behavior within certain threads? And unless you post 'em it's all BS anyway.

Agreed.
    Shocker.

Quote Originally Posted by UOD View Post
    I guess I just don't understand how it's going to cause more problems. We already have problems...I suggest HIDING them in a private forum. If there is leakage....BAN.

It really is just that simple. I know without a shadow of a doubt that I can keep my self straight and contain my diatribe to that forum if it were created.
    Personally I think it would be worth a shot. If it works great and if it doesn't we can just move the posts and close the political forum.

No need to read. Thank you for now giving the idea that we are angels. That's not the case but thanks for the input.
    You need to lay off the sauce. You're reading things that aren't there, dude.

Are you suggesting that I take as truth what you say? Are you also saying that potential new members PM you ahead of time and complain about the behavior within certain threads? And unless you post 'em it's all BS anyway.
    If he is getting the kind of PM's I get they are basically supporting the idea that this site would be better off if you weren't on it.

Here is the thing man. You state you want to carry on an adult conversation. The thing is to the best of my knowledge no one on staff myself included thinks adult conversations are filled with personal attacks on others.
    True, telling people the facts and showing them the truth can be hurtful to their ego. And of course, they will say that they are being attacked. It's subjective.

But again, and I think I've said this many times.....going into the forum is at your own risk...so if you get attacked....boo on you for asking for it. Nobody else can see it unless they are a premium member.

I just don't understand the resistance to it. I don't think it would be as doomsday as some of you make it out to be. I think you'd actually see some people work out their own conflicts in short order.

If he is getting the kind of PM's I get they are basically supporting the idea that this site would be better off if you weren't on it.

Post 'em.

Post 'em.
    No chance at all I will post a private message from another member for you to see. I am merely stating what pretty much any staff member here can support and that is we get alot of complaints about you.

Are you calling me a liar? Again?

Look...I've called you out before. Put em up, dude. List every single instance of a mod that's done you wrong. Your blues song is a longer read than War and Peace but with a lot less substance.

It's either that or show all of Speedguide that you have not a leg to stand on. What will it be, Izzo?

Are you calling me a liar? Again?

Look...I've called you out before. Put em up, dude. List every single instance of a mod that's done you wrong. Your blues song is a longer read than War and Peace but with a lot less substance.

It's either that or show all of Speedguide that you have not a leg to stand on. What will it be, Izzo?
    Not just that. Personally I would love to see an example of where he was done wrong by a mod regarding a situation he didn't at first instigate.

You need to lay off the sauce. You're reading things that aren't there, dude.
    Back to the insulting and rude behavior that is the crux of what we are talking about.

While not surprised, I must say I'm disappointed.