Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: New politics & religion sub-forum

Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    Glad we agree.
    Again, stop fooling yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzo View Post
    No, it's not a business in the context DH suggested. I am not paying for any service nor am I receiving anything. It's a public forum just like 1000's of others. Don't fool yourself into believing this place is something special because it isn't.....it's just one out of a million. Thank him? You've got to be joking? You know just as well as I do that banning me wouldn't prevent me from posting.
    Yeah you should thank him. He is after all the only reason why you are still allowed to be here. Sure you could sneak back in under another name and we may or may not catch you, but it sure as heck wouldn't be like before where everyone knew who you were.

Again, stop fooling yourself.
    You are wrong. It's really as simple as that. Having you debate with me over forum matters of which you know very little about is silly Izzo. You don't know even a 1/4 of it.

Yeah you should thank him. He is after all the only reason why you are still allowed to be here. Sure you could sneak back in under another name and we may or may not catch you, but it sure as heck wouldn't be like before where everyone knew who you were.
    No, I won't....there's no need and the rest of your post is meaningless.

It's about respect. If a person decides not to have it then they will likely be forced to leave.

I agree but here is where I have an issue....if I have to tell you 10,000 times that 2+2=4.....I'm going to go nuts and lose all respect for you and then I just have to come out and call a spade a spade.

Most discussions I see start off with a civil tone but they degrade over time because some folks are just so bullheaded that they refuse to accept the truth when it's shown to them over and over and over.

BTW, Ghosthunter just PM'd me and he said I was wrong in why he left. So I will take him at his word as I have always done and say that I'm wrong.

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

No, I won't....there's no need and the rest of your post is meaningless.
    That's the Izzo I know.

You are wrong. It's really as simple as that. Having you debate with me over forum matters of which you know very little about is silly Izzo. You don't know even a 1/4 of it.
    Actually, I'm not but I don't expect a lot of logic from a person that believes the Earth is 6000 years old.

That's the Izzo I know.
    That's cool because you never cease to amaze me.

So do 1000's of other sites....to compare this to BestBuy or CVS is just absurd.
    I don't think that comparison is being made but I still say that the discussion of politics should be kept segregated.

Quote Originally Posted by UOD View Post
    I agree but here is where I have an issue....if I have to tell you 10,000 times that 2+2=4.....I'm going to go nuts and lose all respect for you and then I just have to come out and call a spade a spade.

Most discussions I see start off with a civil tone but they degrade over time because some folks are just so bullheaded that they refuse to accept the truth when it's shown to them over and over and over.

BTW, Ghosthunter just PM'd me and he said I was wrong in why he left. So I will take him at his word as I have always done and say that I'm wrong.
    For all the criticism the site gets we aren't as heavy handed as is being suggested in this thread. In fact I would say if anything we aren't heavy handed enough.

Actually, I'm not but I don't expect a lot of logic from a person that believes the Earth is 6000 years old.

Proof of why we need this forum I speak of....it will also enable the mods to lash out and participate in the debate, at their own peril of course, but at least nobody gets banned. This is how it's done on other more successful sites.

Izzo just stop. Having you argue stating that you know how we handle reported posts is just silly. You don't even know 5% of it much less enough to say you are right about this idea. It's this kind of crap that we hear from you that makes you lose all credibility with the staff. You continously dig and dig and show the very lack of respect that we are talking about here.

For all the criticism the site gets we aren't as heavy handed as is being suggested in this thread. In fact I would say if anything we aren't heavy handed enough.
    Other sites don't ban at all.

Other sites don't ban at all.
    Good for them. We believe it's necessary at times unfortunately.

Proof of why we need this forum I speak of....it will also enable the mods to lash out and participate in the debate, at their own peril of course, but at least nobody gets banned. This is how it's done on other more successful sites.
    I agree but again it goes back to the "I know better" BS that runs rampant here with the moderation.

Good for them. We believe it's necessary at times unfortunately.
    And you guys wonder why traffic suffers?

Izzo just stop. Having you argue stating that you know how we handle reported posts is just silly. You don't even know 5% of it much less enough to say you are right about this idea. It's this kind of crap that we hear from you that makes you lose all credibility with the staff. You continously dig and dig and show the very lack of respect that we are talking about here.
    No, I won't. and again ....it's a simple question...yes or no......take your time.

Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    I was not insuinating anything, just asking.
    Actually, I'm wondering why you would ask that to begin with?

Thats' good! You did ask. lol

No, I won't. and again ....it's a simple question...yes or no......take your time.
    Yes we have gotten warnings. As for infractions I can tell you I haven't gotten one since I have been a mod.

Well, since you put it that way....my forum suggestion is tied into the business end. I did say to tie it into premium membership. That's how ARS does it and they must be making A LOT of money on that because they have to pay no matter what...I paid.
    Actually I do see your point on making a premium membership for the privilege of posting in a private forum.

I just have a feeling it would be a ghost town as this site has no where near the active participation as say, ARS does.