Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 242

Thread: New politics & religion sub-forum

  1. #141
    Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    Glad we agree.
    Again, stop fooling yourself.

  2. #142
    Moderator Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    30,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzo View Post
    No, it's not a business in the context DH suggested. I am not paying for any service nor am I receiving anything. It's a public forum just like 1000's of others. Don't fool yourself into believing this place is something special because it isn't.....it's just one out of a million. Thank him? You've got to be joking? You know just as well as I do that banning me wouldn't prevent me from posting.
    Yeah you should thank him. He is after all the only reason why you are still allowed to be here. Sure you could sneak back in under another name and we may or may not catch you, but it sure as heck wouldn't be like before where everyone knew who you were.

  3. #143
    Moderator Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    30,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzo View Post
    Again, stop fooling yourself.
    You are wrong. It's really as simple as that. Having you debate with me over forum matters of which you know very little about is silly Izzo. You don't know even a 1/4 of it.

  4. #144
    Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    Yeah you should thank him. He is after all the only reason why you are still allowed to be here. Sure you could sneak back in under another name and we may or may not catch you, but it sure as heck wouldn't be like before where everyone knew who you were.
    No, I won't....there's no need and the rest of your post is meaningless.

  5. #145
    Maneater JawZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Posts
    21,935
    Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    It's about respect. If a person decides not to have it then they will likely be forced to leave.

    I agree but here is where I have an issue....if I have to tell you 10,000 times that 2+2=4.....I'm going to go nuts and lose all respect for you and then I just have to come out and call a spade a spade.

    Most discussions I see start off with a civil tone but they degrade over time because some folks are just so bullheaded that they refuse to accept the truth when it's shown to them over and over and over.


    BTW, Ghosthunter just PM'd me and he said I was wrong in why he left. So I will take him at his word as I have always done and say that I'm wrong.

    ...formerly the omnipotent UOD

  6. #146
    Moderator Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    30,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzo View Post
    No, I won't....there's no need and the rest of your post is meaningless.
    That's the Izzo I know.

  7. #147
    Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    You are wrong. It's really as simple as that. Having you debate with me over forum matters of which you know very little about is silly Izzo. You don't know even a 1/4 of it.
    Actually, I'm not but I don't expect a lot of logic from a person that believes the Earth is 6000 years old.

  8. #148
    Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    That's the Izzo I know.
    That's cool because you never cease to amaze me.

  9. #149
    Maneater JawZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Posts
    21,935
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzo View Post
    So do 1000's of other sites....to compare this to BestBuy or CVS is just absurd.
    I don't think that comparison is being made but I still say that the discussion of politics should be kept segregated.

    ...formerly the omnipotent UOD

  10. #150
    Moderator Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    30,761
    Quote Originally Posted by UOD View Post
    I agree but here is where I have an issue....if I have to tell you 10,000 times that 2+2=4.....I'm going to go nuts and lose all respect for you and then I just have to come out and call a spade a spade.

    Most discussions I see start off with a civil tone but they degrade over time because some folks are just so bullheaded that they refuse to accept the truth when it's shown to them over and over and over.


    BTW, Ghosthunter just PM'd me and he said I was wrong in why he left. So I will take him at his word as I have always done and say that I'm wrong.
    For all the criticism the site gets we aren't as heavy handed as is being suggested in this thread. In fact I would say if anything we aren't heavy handed enough.

  11. #151
    Maneater JawZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Posts
    21,935
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzo View Post
    Actually, I'm not but I don't expect a lot of logic from a person that believes the Earth is 6000 years old.

    Proof of why we need this forum I speak of....it will also enable the mods to lash out and participate in the debate, at their own peril of course, but at least nobody gets banned. This is how it's done on other more successful sites.

    ...formerly the omnipotent UOD

  12. #152
    Moderator Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    30,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzo View Post
    Actually, I'm not but I don't expect a lot of logic from a person that believes the Earth is 6000 years old.
    Izzo just stop. Having you argue stating that you know how we handle reported posts is just silly. You don't even know 5% of it much less enough to say you are right about this idea. It's this kind of crap that we hear from you that makes you lose all credibility with the staff. You continously dig and dig and show the very lack of respect that we are talking about here.

  13. #153
    Maneater JawZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Posts
    21,935
    Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    For all the criticism the site gets we aren't as heavy handed as is being suggested in this thread. In fact I would say if anything we aren't heavy handed enough.
    Other sites don't ban at all.

    ...formerly the omnipotent UOD

  14. #154
    Moderator Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    30,761
    Quote Originally Posted by UOD View Post
    Other sites don't ban at all.
    Good for them. We believe it's necessary at times unfortunately.

  15. #155
    Quote Originally Posted by UOD View Post
    Proof of why we need this forum I speak of....it will also enable the mods to lash out and participate in the debate, at their own peril of course, but at least nobody gets banned. This is how it's done on other more successful sites.
    I agree but again it goes back to the "I know better" BS that runs rampant here with the moderation.

  16. #156
    Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    Good for them. We believe it's necessary at times unfortunately.
    And you guys wonder why traffic suffers?

  17. #157
    Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    Izzo just stop. Having you argue stating that you know how we handle reported posts is just silly. You don't even know 5% of it much less enough to say you are right about this idea. It's this kind of crap that we hear from you that makes you lose all credibility with the staff. You continously dig and dig and show the very lack of respect that we are talking about here.
    No, I won't. and again ....it's a simple question...yes or no......take your time.

  18. #158
    ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ downhill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    My Own Private Idaho
    Posts
    34,796
    Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    I was not insuinating anything, just asking.
    Actually, I'm wondering why you would ask that to begin with?



    Thats' good! You did ask. lol

  19. #159
    Moderator Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    30,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzo View Post
    No, I won't. and again ....it's a simple question...yes or no......take your time.
    Yes we have gotten warnings. As for infractions I can tell you I haven't gotten one since I have been a mod.

  20. #160
    ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ downhill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    My Own Private Idaho
    Posts
    34,796
    Quote Originally Posted by UOD View Post
    Well, since you put it that way....my forum suggestion is tied into the business end. I did say to tie it into premium membership. That's how ARS does it and they must be making A LOT of money on that because they have to pay no matter what...I paid.
    Actually I do see your point on making a premium membership for the privilege of posting in a private forum.

    I just have a feeling it would be a ghost town as this site has no where near the active participation as say, ARS does.

Similar Threads

  1. Forum Rules !
    By Philip in forum News and Announcements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-07-14, 09:53 AM
  2. php programmer needed for forum
    By seethefeelings in forum Programming Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-24-09, 08:16 AM
  3. Forum problems,,,
    By Goliard in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-23-08, 05:39 PM
  4. I got banned from a forum before I could even post.. LOL
    By koldchillah in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 02-28-07, 05:46 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •