Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Philip: Why are anti-Obama ads tied into Burke's posts?

Philip: Why are anti-Obama ads tied into Burke's posts?

http://forums.speedguide.net/showthread.php?t=246163

Please see attachment for screenshot.

I haven't seen any anti McCain ads.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

Blame Rush Limbaugh

Certified SG Addict
    Another question: Why does the Ohio State Buckeyes thread have more views and replies than all of the recent bailout threads combined?

Quote Originally Posted by Burke View Post
    Another question: Why does the Ohio State Buckeyes thread have more views and replies than all of the recent bailout threads combined?
    Perhaps some people could care less about politics on a internet forum? Maybe that thread has better ads?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by UOD View Post
    http://forums.speedguide.net/showthread.php?t=246163

Please see attachment for screenshot.

I haven't seen any anti McCain ads.
    I saw an Obama ad as well... I hadn't even noticed the political ads earlier.

Most of the ads are contextual, I imagine that's simply what the spiders relate the content to.

Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    I saw an Obama ad as well... I hadn't even noticed the political ads earlier.

Most of the ads are contextual, I imagine that's simply what the spiders relate the content to.
    Have to agree with that, I did see a manure add in the Buckeyes thread

I don't see any ads

Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    I don't see any ads
    *subtle plug for SG Premium Membership*

People will forget what you said... and people will forget what you did... but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Advanced Member
    Because people would rather be amused to death by useless entertainment. So long as people still have dinner, a home, their favorite tv shows to come home to everything is perfect...I can believe that if something like the NFL were cancelled there would be such an uproar by people it would be crazy marhcing on the streets...priorites are just in the wrong places these days.

Blog Entries
    If it is any consolation, the present grand larceny has been the hot topic among all my staff and patients.

For a humorous bend, the human forehead vein (Glen Beck) and his ilk, are spouting indignation at their seams. One is left to wonder if they would suggest demonstrations.....

Hell_Yes

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Advanced Member
    Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    If it is any consolation, the present grand larceny has been the hot topic among all my staff and patients.

For a humorous bend, the human forehead vein (Glen Beck) and his ilk, are spouting indignation at their seams. One is left to wonder if they would suggest demonstrations.....
    ..then boom, you get some civil unrest and then thats when the fireworks start and all that sweet legislation gets put into effect...Problem, Reaction, Solution...almost like clockwork..almost

sadly only about 2 other individuals at work share my concern on this situation where as the others are oblivious and believe itll all fix itself and everything will be peachy...

Quote Originally Posted by frostybear View Post
    Because people would rather be amused to death by useless entertainment. So long as people still have dinner, a home, their favorite tv shows to come home to everything is perfect...I can believe that if something like the NFL were cancelled there would be such an uproar by people it would be crazy marhcing on the streets...priorites are just in the wrong places these days.
    no its not priorities in the wrong place. The last thing I want to constantly be slammed about in the evenings while at home are problems surrounding us besides my choice to watch them on the news channels. After time with family its BF2 and Football for me. You have to understand our freedoms and things we enjoy in life are what makes being a American so great. If we don't wish to run around with our tin foil hats on all day long thats our choice but you go ahead.. I won't stop you.

The Buckeyes thread has also been around since June.

i would say longevity is key here

edit: /\ what he said
    a.k.a. GSXR 750

Advanced Member
    no its not priorities in the wrong place. The last thing I want to constantly be slammed about in the evenings while at home are problems surrounding us besides my choice to watch them on the news channels. After time with family its BF2 and Football for me. You have to understand our freedoms and things we enjoy in life are what makes being a American so great. If we don't wish to run around with our tin foil hats on all day long thats our choice but you go ahead.. I won't stop you.
    So it is tin-foil to try informing people who are oblvious to what is going on? Part of the reason things have gotten the way they are is because people just always let someone else handle things because it is easier and dont have time to get involved. Yes I do understand our freedoms but I look at it like this, you are either informed about what is going on, realize it will affect you, your family, friends and so on and try to educate others who believe this will all blow over without a whimper. Most people do not understand economics so they dont get involved because it seems boring and complicated.

So in turn, people do not get invovled and just repeatadly let the politicians handle everything EVEN though they have shown time after time they cannot be trusted. I dont know about you but when someone constantly lies to me they cannot be trusted to hold their power, ESPECIALLY when it effects the lives of millions. Or you are willfully ignorant on the subject and refuse to dig deeper than what is shown on the MSM and just parrot what they say. This method is just welcoming the problem and allowing for greater disaster in the future.

not like that for me. i actually read and research things of worth more than things like Buckeyes, etc... I cannot do anything about either the Buckeyes or the bailout so the choice is easy, whichever is more enjoyable and less stressful at the time, which happens to be OSU.
    a.k.a. GSXR 750

Advanced Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer View Post
    not like that for me. i actually read and research things of worth more than things like Buckeyes, etc... I cannot do anything about either the Buckeyes or the bailout so the choice is easy, whichever is more enjoyable and less stressful at the time, which happens to be OSU.

I know Gix Your mind is more open though.. How ya feeling by the way...

So it is tin-foil to try informing people who are oblvious to what is going on? Part of the reason things have gotten the way they are is because people just always let someone else handle things because it is easier and dont have time to get involved. Yes I do understand our freedoms but I look at it like this, you are either informed about what is going on, realize it will affect you, your family, friends and so on and try to educate others who believe this will all blow over without a whimper. Most people do not understand economics so they dont get involved because it seems boring and complicated.

So in turn, people do not get invovled and just repeatadly let the politicians handle everything EVEN though they have shown time after time they cannot be trusted. I dont know about you but when someone constantly lies to me they cannot be trusted to hold their power, ESPECIALLY when it effects the lives of millions. Or you are willfully ignorant on the subject and refuse to dig deeper than what is shown on the MSM and just parrot what they say. This method is just welcoming the problem and allowing for greater disaster in the future.

Well to make a long story short..at the end of the day people like myself want to turn away from the troubles of the world and enjoy entertainment like football or games and whatever else.

I lost mine. Can I borrow yours?

Quote Originally Posted by downhill View Post
    I lost mine. Can I borrow yours?
    borrow what? a tin foil hat? I never had one, but I'm sure Burke has a few laying around you could use.