Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: $500 oil? I'm selling my car now...

$500 oil? I'm selling my car now...

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Inflate your tires....

//snickers at Obama joke
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

looks like i'll be getting that chevy volt
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilog B
    Loading the dishwasher at brembo's house means bringing the fiancee a sixpack home.

Quote Originally Posted by nightowl View Post
    looks like i'll be getting that chevy volt
    There won't be a lot made, and the improvement in fuel economy would be ruined by the cost of the vehicle.

What's so surprising?

Too bad we can't turn back the clock and say FU to the China and India. Democracies the world and create more markets to fuel the darted mines of big companies and forgo our technology, independence and resources.

Should of left them as an echo in our world instead of our main supplier of everything we have. FU losers.
    got old

The guy is full of it. Prices like that would place the entire world in a depression economy.

The little rich power players were boasting in their forums about making 125% profit on their oil investments during the first 6 months of this year and that now they are turning their attention to other commodities.
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces people into thinking they can't lose. -Bill Gates

Quote Originally Posted by blebs View Post
    The guy is full of it. Prices like that would place the entire world in a depression economy.

The little rich power players were boasting in their forums about making 125% profit on their oil investments during the first 6 months of this year and that now they are turning their attention to other commodities.
    I would take the word of "MR.FULLOFIT" over you buddy. Sure they are making tonnes of money based on exuberant speculation but limited supplies are very true. Call me 15 years and will talk.
    got old

How long do you think were going to sit on the untapped resources we have? It's proven time and time again that we have the resources right here in the U.S.. Time for us to become self sufficient while working on alternatives.
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces people into thinking they can't lose. -Bill Gates

Quote Originally Posted by Think View Post
    but limited supplies are very true. Call me 15 years and will talk.
    Limited yes, but limited to like years and years and years, plus oil finds keep popping up in brazil and who knows where next.

ugg.... at 200$ oil we would be in a world of hurt let alone 500$.

Selling of your car wouldn't go far cause everyone would be thinking the same thing thus you'd get lucky to get 1000$ for a 20K new vehicle.

Would make for an interesting headline "Millions of americans call in - Can't afford to go to work"

Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    ugg.... at 200$ oil we would be in a world of hurt let alone 500$.

Selling of your car wouldn't go far cause everyone would be thinking the same thing thus you'd get lucky to get 1000$ for a 20K new vehicle.
    Not if I sell it tomorrow!!

How long do you think were going to sit on the untapped resources we have? It's proven time and time again that we have the resources right here in the U.S.. Time for us to become self sufficient while working on alternatives.
    Speedguide.... If you don't love Obama you won't like it here.
    Straight out the Trailer!
    Re.....Spect "walk"!

MacBook Pro 2.33Ghz, 3G of Ram, OS X

SG Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    Would make for an interesting headline "Millions of americans call in - Can't afford to go to work"
    Think I'll try that tomorrow. I drove my patrol unit home the other night after the Auburn/LSU game, it had less than an 1/8 of a tank of gas. The city gas pumps are out and of the few we are allowed to fill up at only two have gas right now. I love it.
    Looking for work............

It's not a matter of pumping. Pump till we are blue in the face. It's a matter of meeting what we are using till alternative energy sources catch up as well as technology.

Really if there was this huge resource of untapped oil under the lower 48, don't you think the oil companies would be all over it? They've tapped all the easy stuff here already. The rest is a bit harder to get.

All I can tell you is I couldn't find gas tonight -- tried 7 or 8+ stations in my area. I need to be able to get to work (and so does everyone else here in the Atlanta area).

Quote Originally Posted by downhill View Post
    They've tapped all the easy stuff here already. The rest is a bit harder to get.
    Sounds like college. Ahhh... the good ol' days.

Quote Originally Posted by downhill View Post
    Really if there was this huge resource of untapped oil under the lower 48, don't you think the oil companies would be all over it? They've tapped all the easy stuff here already. The rest is a bit harder to get.
    If there weren't a drilling ban in place, I'm sure they'd be all over it. If the new president doesn't lift the drilling bans, then yes, were going to have problems so long as we sit around depending on foreign oil to satisfy our petrol crazy appetites.

This isn't going to go over good with the powerful environmentalists, but we have to do something and do it fast.

If there weren't a drilling ban in place, I'm sure they'd be all over it. If the new president doesn't lift the drilling bans, then yes, were going to have problems so long as we sit around depending on foreign oil to satisfy our petrol crazy appetites.

This isn't going to go over good with the powerful environmentalists, but we have to do something and do it fast.
    Whats the point of banking on drilling more if its gonna be 10-15 years to make a difference? We need to put money into an alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    Whats the point of banking on drilling more if its gonna be 10-15 years to make a difference? We need to put money into an alternative.
    i think the point would be so we aren't worse off than we are now 10-15 yrs from now. methinks we should do a bunch of nuclear/wind/solar for our electricity and drill to get our own oil for gas.