Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: IP Talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Amro View Post
    There is, it's called a timestamp on a packet. Packets arrive serially, not always in the order they're sent, but they have an order in which they arrive. That's how they're handled, in chronological order, not by IP address. Not only does this not make sense, but it would make for some retarded code. It's a nice theory though.
    The code wouldn't be that hard, I suppose.

Code:
    // Assume server.clients is a sorted list by the last2 member...

for (int x = 0; x < server.clients.size; x++)
    {
        if (!server.clients[x].octet4.last2 % 8)
        {
            server.clients[x].priority = 1;
        }
        else server.clients[x].priority = 0;
    }

for (int y = 0; y < server.clients.size; y++)
    {
        if (server.clients[y].priority == 1)
        {
            HandleClient(server.clients[y]);
        }
        else
        {
            DelayedHandleClient(server.clients[y]);
        }
    }
    At least, in LooneyWorld(tm), that's how it works... :P

Quote Originally Posted by Paft View Post
    The code wouldn't be that hard, I suppose.

Code:
    // Assume server.clients is a sorted list by the last2 member...

for (int x = 0; x < server.clients.size; x++)
    {
        if (!server.clients[x].octet4.last2 % 8)
        {
            server.clients[x].priority = 1;
        }
        else server.clients[x].priority = 0;
    }

for (int y = 0; y < server.clients.size; y++)
    {
        if (server.clients[y].priority == 1)
        {
            HandleClient(server.clients[y]);
        }
        else
        {
            DelayedHandleClient(server.clients[y]);
        }
    }
    At least, in LooneyWorld(tm), that's how it works... :P
    Let me rephrase -- ugly, useless, and inefficient code. I suppose by definition it still runs in constant time (just looking at the loops, since the handlers are black boxes here)...so it's efficient! Do it! OP wins, game over. Internets blackout.

Quote Originally Posted by Amro View Post
    There is, it's called a timestamp on a packet. Packets arrive serially, not always in the order they're sent, but they have an order in which they arrive. That's how they're handled, in chronological order, not by IP address. Not only does this not make sense, but it would make for some retarded code. It's a nice theory though.
    You mean runescape wouldn't queue millions of packets at a time to wait and see if a different IP address sent a packet, then give it first priority?!? You sir, are clearly retarded.

lmao fools ^^ have my balls dropped yet? have yours dropped yet? haha..you can say all you want about ip, but you guys dont know a thing about it

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    I'm still waiting for a comment from you on the reasons for the spamming of this baloney.

http://whatismyipaddress.com/forum/v...howtopic=16452

Above link is same nonsense as you posted here...cut 'n paste.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Quote Originally Posted by austiniscool View Post
    lmao fools ^^ have my balls dropped yet? have yours dropped yet? haha..you can say all you want about ip, but you guys dont know a thing about it
    Since when are you the authority on IPs?

In order for us to investigate more, we'll need you to tell us what IP you're currently using......
    Simply run adaware, spybot, ZoneAlarm, HijackThis, AVG, update windows daily, have a router, don't open e-mail, turn off action scripting, don't use P2P networks, don't violate EULAs, and wear a condom to get Windows secured.

People say Linux is alot of work!

YARDofSTUF I bet you dont know how to set your ip at your house, am I correct? Because you keep saying to people "its impossible to set your ip yourself". Thats a lie. ^^, unless you really dont know how? Hint hint: you cant set it with a wireless conenction. You can set it if you have a cable connection though. . So my question to you is, do you know how to set your own ip by yourself, at your house, without calling your isp? You WAN ip addrsss. Not your router/modem ip.

YARDofSTUF I bet you dont know how to set your ip at your house, am I correct? Because you keep saying to people "its impossible to set your ip yourself". Thats a lie. ^^, unless you really dont know how? Hint hint: you cant set it with a wireless conenction. You can set it if you have a cable connection though. . So my question to you is, do you know how to set your own ip by yourself, at your house, without calling your isp? You WAN ip addrsss. Not your router/modem ip.
    He does...he and I have setup VPN tunnels with linux routers to each other, I've helped him build servers, etc. He's quite fluent with his routers.

You DO NOT set your IP manually unless your ISP instructs you to do so. In such a case, they would have a reservation for you..a static IP address account. If you go randomly trying to change your IPs last octect...you will mess up your ISPs DHCP service for other clients..and you will end up screwing over some innocent other customer of your ISP..causing an IP conflict and causing that other poor person to not be able to get online. Hopefully your ISP has a good enough system where they can detect your abuse of their system..and block your modems MAC address to prevent you from performing further abuse.

Now...how about why you "runeheads" go spamming other forums with this same baloney? See my above several posts.
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Many people are learning how to set there ip manually..so many people are actually..so I feel sorry for those innocent people ^^

And how many times have I said its impossible to set your own IP? I don't remember that being the issue in this post, unless you spammed here under a previous name. You can set any static IP you want, as long as you don't care if it works or not. lol

You go off on people that disagree with you to keep this thread on page 1 because you can't back up your point of view with facts and proof.

Many people are learning how to set there ip manually..so many people are actually..so I feel sorry for those innocent people ^^
    Typical game cheater/hacker attitude..screw the innocent people...as long as I get my change of IP so I can join the game server that just banned my prior IP...right? How about playing the game right..and not getting in the first place.
    Guinness for Strength!!!

"Would you mind not standing on my chest, my hats on fire." - The Doctor

They'll get really annoyed of having to do that if their connection is set for DHCP and not static IP when the lease runs out.

Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    Typical game cheater/hacker attitude..screw the innocent people...as long as I get my change of IP so I can join the game server that just banned my prior IP...right? How about playing the game right..and not getting in the first place.

I never said I got ip banned from anything m8. I already know how to change my ip..I change my ip every 2 seconds to try to get the one I like. So im guessing like 4k ip's are registered to me? O well my isp's fault really. I called and asked for a static ip address with the numbers of my choice. They said I could do that right..so the guy gives me a static ip and then puts me on hold for 40minutes..and im back to where I started when I first called bellsouth. So i called back and got dynamic back like 20min later. If my isp does "ban" my mac address..which really isnt possible since your the customer paying..you should get what you want..all I want is a ip that ends in a .0. Im going to cancel bellsouth since there only a wireless company..and get mediacom which is cable..then ill set my own static ip to w/e I want. Idc whoever is using that .0 already..they will have to call and deal with the dumb ass customer service . Ive heard if you go into your router settings and dc/connect (what i do to change ip)..and you get a ip you want to keep forever..and that ip is registered to you already..you can go somewhere and enter that ip address in where you set it..and its basically static..it will never change. Have any of you guys heard of this? Because I have gotten a ip like 70.149.224.2 before..I liked that ip. I dont have it anymore..but is there away I can set that ip to be my static wan ip? (I have wireless remember)....I know you can do this if you have cable..but im talking about wireless..is there a way?

Idc whoever is using that .0 already..they will have to call and deal with the dumb ass customer service

Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

I never said I got ip banned from anything m8. I already know how to change my ip..I change my ip every 2 seconds to try to get the one I like. So im guessing like 4k ip's are registered to me? O well my isp's fault really. I called and asked for a static ip address with the numbers of my choice. They said I could do that right..so the guy gives me a static ip and then puts me on hold for 40minutes..and im back to where I started when I first called bellsouth. So i called back and got dynamic back like 20min later. If my isp does "ban" my mac address..which really isnt possible since your the customer paying..you should get what you want..all I want is a ip that ends in a .0. Im going to cancel bellsouth since there only a wireless company..and get mediacom which is cable..then ill set my own static ip to w/e I want. Idc whoever is using that .0 already..they will have to call and deal with the dumb ass customer service . Ive heard if you go into your router settings and dc/connect (what i do to change ip)..and you get a ip you want to keep forever..and that ip is registered to you already..you can go somewhere and enter that ip address in where you set it..and its basically static..it will never change. Have any of you guys heard of this? Because I have gotten a ip like 70.149.224.2 before..I liked that ip. I dont have it anymore..but is there away I can set that ip to be my static wan ip? (I have wireless remember)....I know you can do this if you have cable..but im talking about wireless..is there a way?
    Why do you come here to this site?

I will answer this question for you in the hopes that you will go away and get a new hobby in which you know what you're doing.

You can set whatever dynamic IP your ISP assigns you as static in your router. But once your IP lease is up and your ISP has assigned you a new IP, you will not be able to access the internet until you set your router back to DHCP so that it will pick up the new IP . So to answer your question, no, you cannot convert a dynamic IP into a static one, doesn't matter if it's cable/dsl/fiber/wireless/lasers/microwaves/x-ray.
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

just set the ip lease to 88days+ ^^...thats what mines on atm ;p

just set the ip lease to 88days+ ^^...thats what mines on atm ;p
    The IP lease setting on your router is to control the IP's on your local network. It has nothing to do with your WAN connection where the IP lease is controlled at the head end.