Thread: First in PPD

First in PPD

For those of you that have been battling for first in ppd, you may notice it cooled down. So I turned the wick up a little. Every time I get my ppd up to first someone catches me. So who is it gonna be this time?
    Joe

I think I'd need a windmill for the electric or maybe I could use an abacus.

Here I come, I don't think I'm gonna pass you, but just get close enough to make you flinch a little.

Rick
    Prostate Cancer survivor, too late for me with a cure, but maybe I can help save others just like me. Wife brest cancer. Cured.

Yeah, I am already planning to get my ppd up a little since you are gonna be a threat. I have two systems that are not folding stable right now, will work on that. And I can get another 5k per day out of one box if I get my video card driver issues sorted.
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by joecool169 View Post
    Yeah, I am already planning to get my ppd up a little since you are gonna be a threat. I have two systems that are not folding stable right now, will work on that. And I can get another 5k per day out of one box if I get my video card driver issues sorted.
    Great job Joecool and RicK.

I have turned on all my systems, now that the cold weather is here, to warm up my apartment. I don't need any other source of heat to keep warm.

I could not afford the extra $300 power bill each month to run all of them and the AC during the hot months.

I just bought a 9800 GX2 for my Birthday present, and I will get another one next month for my Christmas present.

I burned up an AMD 64 X2 6400+ CPU on my second fastest rig. Have a new one coming. I would have gone with a second Phenom 9850 CPU, but my mobo is not AM2+. MSI said they will not provide a BIOS upgrade on my AM2 mobo, like some of the other manufactures have done. Waiting for the new generation of AMD Quad Core CPUs to build my next rig.

I have returned home from a doctor's appointment and saw I reached the 2 million points milestone. I will reach 7th team rank before Christmas.

Happy Holidays and Keep on Folding.
    Folding for a better future!

See you later alligator. Cajun Don.

It looks like I'm the new PPD leader for now, since Rick had to shut down some of his farm.

I know joecool169 will most likely knock me down a bit, when the hot weather returns, forcing me to turn off my 5 PS3s. Because I can't afford the large electric bills, just like Rick can't either.

We are moving up the ladder a little bit, from some teams right now. Keep up the great folding team mates.

Hey, you guys buy my 8800 GTS's and I'll use the money to purchase one of the new 285's and get the 16,000 points per day it is susposed to do.

Grin

Fold on
    Rick
    Prostate Cancer survivor, too late for me with a cure, but maybe I can help save others just like me. Wife brest cancer. Cured.

Still crunching but NOWHERE close to you guys. Damn

What happened joecool169 to your PPD ?

I had a couple of crashes on my 2 Quad Core systems, causing me to loose some of my PPD, and can't get 2 of my SMP Clients to run since yesterday.

My machine with 2 gtx260's in it has been unstable. Plus I sold a quad core and a video card.
    Joe