Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33

Thread: Breaking News: Bin Laden killed in CIA directed airstrike

  1. #1
    Maneater JawZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Posts
    21,941

    Breaking News: Bin Laden killed in CIA directed airstrike

    Never mind me....just getting a placeholder for what will come during October.

    this way, I have rights to the "scoop".


    Hey, if the BBC can report the news that WTC 7 collapsed 20 minutes before it actually did....I can as well. Nothing wrong with leaning forward.

    ...formerly the omnipotent UOD

  2. #2
    Moderator Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    East Tennessee
    Posts
    30,762
    The Republican fear-mongerers are already getting warmed up.

  3. #3
    Maneater JawZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Posts
    21,941
    Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    The Republican fear-mongerers are already getting warmed up.

    Russia sacks Alaska....Putin vows to finish off the pipeline...back in the MOTHERLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ...formerly the omnipotent UOD

  4. #4
    Moderator Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    East Tennessee
    Posts
    30,762

  5. #5
    Jen's Best Friend RoscoPColtrane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    6,153
    Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    The Republican fear-mongerers are already getting warmed up.
    Typical....

    How soon we forget.


    I suppose you want some more of the clinton era of ignore it and let the next President deal with it?

    Personally i was expecting Bin Laden to be captured before the last election so President Bush could get re-elected. Guess it wasn't needed .
    ****************************************************************************************
    Abit NF7-S 2.0, Barton 2500+ @ 2.2 Ghz, 2 Gig ddr3200, 80gig Seagate HDD, ATI x850 PRO @ 550/600, WinXP Pro

    J B K M

    Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl XL Champions!!!!!

  6. #6
    Certified SG Addict
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    29,515
    Aaaaaaaaces.

  7. #7
    Certified SG Addict
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    29,515
    Quote Originally Posted by RoscoPColtrane View Post
    Typical....

    How soon we forget.


    I suppose you want some more of the clinton era of ignore it and let the next President deal with it?

    Personally i was expecting Bin Laden to be captured before the last election so President Bush could get re-elected. Guess it wasn't needed .
    They didn't NEED for him to be captured. Every time poll numbers got low, voila, a "new" Bin Laden tape!

  8. #8
    Moderator Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    East Tennessee
    Posts
    30,762
    Quote Originally Posted by RoscoPColtrane View Post
    Typical....

    How soon we forget.


    I suppose you want some more of the clinton era of ignore it and let the next President deal with it?

    Personally i was expecting Bin Laden to be captured before the last election so President Bush could get re-elected. Guess it wasn't needed .
    Ignore it? Seriously where did I even say that? How about we have a discussion on what's said and not what you think was said? Fair enough?

    Republicans the last 8 years in particular have relied on fear to keep the masses in check. That's not an opinion. That is exactly what has happened. That kind of rhetoric is not what the Republican Party used to be about. Unfortunately President Bush and other extremists within his party have killed alot of the good that used to be a part of the Republican Party.

  9. #9
    Jen's Best Friend RoscoPColtrane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    6,153
    Quote Originally Posted by Burke View Post
    They didn't NEED for him to be captured. Every time poll numbers got low, voila, a "new" Bin Laden tape!
    Ha, every time they got low? Haven't they been pretty much as low as it goes for a long time?
    ****************************************************************************************
    Abit NF7-S 2.0, Barton 2500+ @ 2.2 Ghz, 2 Gig ddr3200, 80gig Seagate HDD, ATI x850 PRO @ 550/600, WinXP Pro

    J B K M

    Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl XL Champions!!!!!

  10. #10
    Maneater JawZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Posts
    21,941
    Quote Originally Posted by RoscoPColtrane View Post
    Typical....

    How soon we forget.


    I suppose you want some more of the clinton era of ignore it and let the next President deal with it?

    Personally i was expecting Bin Laden to be captured before the last election so President Bush could get re-elected. Guess it wasn't needed .

    LOL...you were 10 years old back when Clinton got elected the first time.


    good one JB!!!!

    ...formerly the omnipotent UOD

  11. #11
    Certified SG Addict
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    29,515
    Quote Originally Posted by RoscoPColtrane View Post
    Ha, every time they got low? Haven't they been pretty much as low as it goes for a long time?
    Yes, it's Wikipedia.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Videos_of_Osama_bin_Laden

    EDIT: Check the links at the bottom of the article for "mainstream links."

  12. #12
    Elite Member Izzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    17,907
    Quote Originally Posted by RoscoPColtrane View Post
    Typical....

    How soon we forget.


    I suppose you want some more of the clinton era of ignore it and let the next President deal with it?

    Personally i was expecting Bin Laden to be captured before the last election so President Bush could get re-elected. Guess it wasn't needed .
    Good Lord.
    Offensive

  13. #13
    Junior Member MadDoctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Looks dark
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    Unfortunately President Bush and other extremists within his party have killed alot of the good that used to be a part of the Republican Party.
    Well said.
    People will forget what you said... and people will forget what you did... but people will never forget how you made them feel.

  14. #14
    ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ downhill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    My Own Private Idaho
    Posts
    34,800
    Quote Originally Posted by RoscoPColtrane View Post
    Typical....

    How soon we forget.


    I suppose you want some more of the clinton era of ignore it and let the next President deal with it?

    .
    Someone doesn't read much do they?

    The "next" President is the one who ignored it.

    Read Richard Clarke's book. "Against All Enemies".

  15. #15
    SG Enthusiast Cornbread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,573
    You guys watch to much MSNBC dont ya?

    Truth is both administrations "ignored", sad but true. And although we can point the finger back and forth this doesn't bring back 3000 people now does it? As long as "We the people" continue to point and play the blame game this great country of ours will never get anywhere.
    Last edited by Cornbread; 08-30-08 at 12:47 PM.


  16. #16
    Moderator Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    East Tennessee
    Posts
    30,762
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornbread View Post
    You guys watch to much MSNBC dont ya?

    Truth is both administrations "ignored", sad but true. And although we can point the finger back and forth this doesn't bring back 3000 people now does it? As long as "We the people" continue to point and play the blame game this great country of ours will never get anywhere.
    That's not true at all. Clinton's administration did not ignore the OBL threat. In fact they made it clear to President Bush coming in that he was a serious threat. Unfortunately President Bush didn't take it seriously enough until 9/11.

  17. #17
    SG Enthusiast Cornbread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    That's not true at all. Clinton's administration did not ignore the OBL threat. In fact they made it clear to President Bush coming in that he was a serious threat. Unfortunately President Bush didn't take it seriously enough until 9/11.
    How so? If they made it "clear" to Bush when he was coming into office as you say, why wait? Why not take care of it instead of handing it off to the next President?

    Again, no one took it seriously. And before you guys start the blame game, use facts, not some he said she said, truth is we'll never know what happened, who knew what, etc. If you have some true "facts" and insight we dont know about, i'm sure the government would like to know.

    And also before you guys say I'm on the Bush bandwagon, not true, sure I like the man, but he made some mistakes, but I'm not going to sit here and bash him, without FACTS, just like I'm not going to bash Clinton without facts.

    And if your facts come from Michael Moore, I would look elsewhere.


  18. #18
    Moderator Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    East Tennessee
    Posts
    30,762
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornbread View Post
    How so? If they made it "clear" to Bush when he was coming into office as you say, why wait? Why not take care of it instead of handing it off to the next President?

    Again, no one took it seriously. And before you guys start the blame game, use facts, not some he said she said, truth is we'll never know what happened, who knew what, etc. If you have some true "facts" and insight we dont know about, i'm sure the government would like to know.

    And also before you guys say I'm on the Bush bandwagon, not true, sure I like the man, but he made some mistakes, but I'm not going to sit here and bash him, without FACTS, just like I'm not going to bash Clinton without facts.

    And if your facts come from Michael Moore, I would look elsewhere.
    As DH suggested read Richard Clarke's book. This was a man on the inside who clearly stated what happened.

  19. #19
    SG Enthusiast Cornbread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    As DH suggested read Richard Clarke's book. This was a man on the inside who clearly stated what happened.
    It all must be true then since he wrote it in his "book"? I know he was in the inside, just like he was on the inside for Clinton. And?


  20. #20
    Second Most EVIL YARDofSTUF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    70,014
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornbread View Post
    Again, no one took it seriously. And before you guys start the blame game, use facts, not some he said she said, truth is we'll never know what happened, who knew what, etc. If you have some true "facts" and insight we dont know about, i'm sure the government would like to know.
    If we'll never know what happened then how can you say it wasn't taken seriously? If Bush hasnt been able to fix it in 8 years time what makes you think Clinton could have? Maybe clinton was trying to deal with it in a nonviolent way?

Similar Threads

  1. Bin Laden's dreadlocked son on peace mission
    By Roody in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-18-08, 09:06 AM
  2. 'Has Morgan Spurlock Found Osama Bin Laden?'
    By Brk in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-10-08, 10:27 PM
  3. Bush sees strong bin Laden link to Iraq's Qaeda group
    By downhill in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-24-07, 09:40 PM
  4. If alive, Osama bin Laden turns 50
    By Roody in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-10-07, 07:03 AM
  5. Bin Laden rebuilding al-Qaida, U.S. officials say
    By downhill in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 02-21-07, 09:54 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •