Thread: Best ram/amount for overclocking

Qwazy

Question Best ram/amount for overclocking

What kind of ram and what amount should i use for overclocking, a tbird 1.2. I have heard the Mushkin pc133 is good, and i have heard that some ram from ocz.safeshopper.com. Im not sure what kind from there but i am guessing the pc175 the max model.

Jason

loosbrew

depends on what boardyou have. if you have an abit kt7 then you can get any pc133, cause it wont go much higher than 138 ish. if you have a kt7a then you shoul dget as highest quality of ram and as fast as you cn afford, cause thems boards go fast!!!

loosbrew

ssjDoh

on the Kt133 board, all you need is ram that'll work at 150MHz....I can get mine to run at 147Mhz (111 fsb)

I've got Mushkin Rev2 RAM

loosbrew

lucky you!! i wish i could get mine that high, but mine will only hit 107 semi stable. thats even with host clk, not host + pci! oh well, you win some adn you lose some!

loosbrew

Qwazy

I have the kt7a-raid, first i will try to see what my generic ram will do, if it doesnt work well then i will get the performance max pc175 from ocz.safeshopper.
    sound good??

Jason

freckmoto

I would go for the performance pro. Its not very likely you'll get 175 FSB w/o watercooling.

Freck

Qwazy

Yeah thats what i figured, I wont be doing any water cooling so i probably will go with the pro. Its cheaper too.

Jason

loosbrew

also take into consideratio that all of your components are going to be stressed as well, at 160 your pci is runnin 1/4 so imagine around 40 mhx which is abit high for some components IE maxtor drives can be picky about oc'ed pci bus. food for thought.

loosbrew