Thread: Cracker/S-T

Cracker/S-T

Dunno. I just can't seem to peg what genre this band really is.

I just got their self titled album and after giving it a listen, there are all kinds of different elements in it.

Yeah I know this album has been around for a while but hey...I actually do have a budget for CD's ya know.

If you're familiar with this album/band.....*discuss*

Haven't heard of them, will try to give them a listen.

Quote Originally Posted by Humboldt View Post
    Haven't heard of them, will try to give them a listen.
    I'd be you've heard the song, "Low". it gets lots of airplay but that particular song isn't representative of most of their catalog.

I'm a big fan. Guitar based alternative rock? That's as close as I could pigeonhole them. You do know they're an iteration of Camper Van Beethoven, right? Same vocalist and lead guitar, at least.

I have most both bands catalog and saw them in a small club a couple years ago with Camper as the opening act. I was about 20 feet from the stage and my hearing was pretty fricked up for a couple of days, but what a show!

I've always been a bit surprised by their lack of popularity. For whatever reason, their music rings true to me. Definitely check out their new album "Greenland". Though it may not be as solid as their debut, it's an improvement over their last few outings.

Side note: During a recent weekend camping with my sons, I forced them to memorize the lyrics to "Mr. Wrong". Hey...you gotta have something to do on them long hikes.
    When they kick at your front door, how you gonna come? With your hands at your head, or the trigger of your gun?

Yeah imho, they are kinda hard to catalog. Some stuff sounds like country western/rock, some sounds like something Dr. Hook would do and everything inbetween.