Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Russia is attacking Georgia!

The whole situation with Bush as Pres. is enough to give me an ulcer and make me run for a bomb shelter.

A+, Security+, Mobility+ Shinobi's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OSULLY View Post
    The whole situation with Bush as Pres. is enough to give me an ulcer and make me run for a bomb shelter.
    Remember the "Cold War" ?

Too well

People will forget what you said... and people will forget what you did... but people will never forget how you made them feel.

A+, Security+, Mobility+ Shinobi's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDoctor View Post

The Cold War Victory Medal:
    The Cold War Victory Medal is an unofficial military medal of the United States which can be purchased by any member of the United States military, or civilian employees of the federal government, who served in their positions during the years of the Cold War, specifically September 2, 1945 to December 26, 1991.

In accordance with section 1084 of the Fiscal Year 1998 National Defense Authorization Act, Congress authorized the Secretary of Defense to award a Cold War Victory Medal to all veterans of the Cold War. However, the Secretary of Defense instead awarded a Cold War Recognition Certificate to all members of the armed forces and qualified federal government civilian personnel who faithfully and honorably served the United States anytime during the Cold War era, which is defined as September 2, 1945 to December 26, 1991.

The official US Navy web page states: "The Department of Defense will not be creating a Cold War Service medal" and that any commemorative medals made by private vendors are unauthorized on the military uniform.[1] At present, however, the Cold War Victory Medal remains strictly commemorative and is unofficial.

The Cold War Victory Medal was designed by Nadine Russell, the Chief of Creative Heraldry at the Army's Institute of Heraldry and the designer of many campaign and service medals, including the Southwest Asia Service Medal, the Armed Forces Service Medal, and the Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal.

Presently the Cold War Victory Medal is a civilian medal which may be privately purchased but is not distributed by the United States government. As such, the decoration is not presently authorized for wear on active duty military uniforms, but is frequently worn by retirees and civilians. However, the medal is worn as a National Guard award as issued by the Louisiana National Guard. The Adjutant General of the State of Louisiana currently authorizes the decoration as the "Louisiana Cold War Victory Medal". Eligible members, including active duty members, of the Louisiana National Guard are authorized to wear the medal.[2]

The Cold War Victory Medal is also referred to as the Cold War Commemorative Medal, Cold War Service Medal, or simply as the Cold War Medal. There are no devices or attachments authorized for the Cold War Victory Medal.

On April 12, 2007 senators Hillary Clinton and Susan Collins announced they were reintroducing legislation in the Senate that will authorize the Secretary of Defense to issue the Cold War Service Medal to Cold War Veterans.[3] A similar bill was introduced in the House of Representatives. Both bills passed in both houses, but were later dropped in joint committee.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi View Post
    As such, the decoration is not presently authorized for wear on active duty military uniforms.
    Correct on all counts. Pretty ribbon though.....
    People will forget what you said... and people will forget what you did... but people will never forget how you made them feel.

"WASHINGTON Vice President Dick Cheney says Russia's military actions in Georgia "must not go unanswered."

Cheney spoke Sunday afternoon with Georgian President Mikheil Saakashvili. "The vice president expressed the United States' solidarity with the Georgian people and their democratically elected government in the face of this threat to Georgia's sovereignty and territorial integrity," Cheney's press secretary, Lee Ann McBride, said.

Cheney told Saakashvili "Russian aggression must not go unanswered, and that its continuation would have serious consequences for its relations with the United States, as well as the broader international community," McBride said. "

*calls dad and asks for the use of his backhoe to start digging bomb shelter*
    a.k.a. GSXR 750

Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi View Post
    Remember the "Cold War" ?

It's getting cold..
    Give me a fish, and you feed me for a day, teach me to fish and I won't be so damn lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    It's getting cold..
    it's getting something
    a.k.a. GSXR 750

Genocide is current in Africa today, but Russia attacking Georgia is big news? I can't say I do or ever will understand what makes what, important to the worlds eyes.

At one point I was angry at what was happening in the world and to this world, lately I really couldn't care less. Most others apparently don't either. I'll spare my energy.
    The more I drink, the less I care.

Quote Originally Posted by Noevo View Post
    friggin rednecks deserved it!

In a dry but moldy New Orleans, Louisiana
    Sliding down the banister of life ..........................

Caspian Sea Oil, everyone wants to control the pipes..
    "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."

Bruce Lee