Thread: So our Analysis plus sales rep pulls up in....(56K Warning)

So our Analysis plus sales rep pulls up in....(56K Warning)

Now, Hank, touch your throat. That tube you feel is your trachea. Think of it as your handle. That thing your thumb is on is your carotid artery. Think of it as your button. I want you to grab the handle, push the button.
    -Brock Samson

Banned
    Too bad he can't park.

The guy is from Buffalo, NY he had to pick it up in Naples, FL. the pedals still had plastic on them. I asked how often he was planning to drive it in Buffalo's nasty winter, he said as often as possible. He's trying to get snow tires for it. That can't be a wise move.

The car looked great, but there was a LOT of swirls in the paint. A black gtr in buffalo winter won't last long.
    Now, Hank, touch your throat. That tube you feel is your trachea. Think of it as your handle. That thing your thumb is on is your carotid artery. Think of it as your button. I want you to grab the handle, push the button.
    -Brock Samson

Anyone catch the Top Gear this season that had the GT-R? (There were two episodes -- 4 and 5, I believe.)

Awesome machine.

If you can't park it, don't drive it.

Buy that boy a bicycle.

Advanced Member
    There is a red one right outside my office, had a few come and go here for awhile now. The owner of where I work personally test drove the car for NISSAN before it was released in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by mountainman View Post
    Anyone catch the Top Gear this season that had the GT-R? (There were two episodes -- 4 and 5, I believe.)

Awesome machine.
    Here's the one I saw, very impressive.

[ link ]

Quote Originally Posted by frostybear View Post
    There is a red one right outside my office, had a few come and go here for awhile now. The owner of where I work personally test drove the car for NISSAN before it was released in the US.

What does your boss do to test drive for nissan?
    -Brock Samson

Advanced Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tarpoon75 View Post
    What does your boss do to test drive for nissan?
    Proffessional race car driver.. here are a few of his accomplishments...

Millen won the 1992 IMSA GTS championship in a Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo car. He won the 12 Hours of Sebring, and had Top 5 finishes in the first four events before his 1993 season ended with injuries at Watkins Glen International.

Millen returned in 1994, and won the IMSA GTS championship. He won the 1994 24 Hours of Daytona and 12 Hours of Sebring, and was first in class at the 24 Hours of LeMans.

In 1995, Millen won the 12 Hours of Sebring. He was invited to the International Race of Champions (IROC). He was leading the IMSA GTS championship, when he had a professional career-ending crash at Road Atlanta. He had competed in three of four IROC races.

Millen is the all-time winningest driver in IMSA GTS history with 20 victories. His 23 pole positions are also a series' record.
    We had 2 GTRs at one of our open house shows a few months back, red&white which were ok...
    More on his race history..

http://www.stillen.com/page.asp?heritage1

But his personal Race car does have a presence so to speak.

Awesome machine.
    It'd be more awesome if a stock one could actually do the 7:29 sec time around the nurburgring(sp).

The styling is good, but I'm not interested in all the digital goodies and readouts it has.

That is one awesome machine. If I had that car, I'd take up 2 spaces on purpose so that nobody would park on either side of me. I'm assuming that he parked liked that on purpose so that the car next to him won't dent the car and most likely whomever tries to park next to him will see that it's too tight and will park elsewhere.

DV: That's the one. The episode before showed Clarkson driving from one side of Japan to the other while the other two made their way via train/bus/ferry. Fun episode, but didn't show much of the car's performance.

YoS: ???

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/05/01/g...-down-to-7-29/

So if the standard model on stock tires does 7:29, and the more powerful, lighter GT-R V-Spec has already been casually clocked at 7:25...

Quote Originally Posted by JBrazen View Post
    That is one awesome machine. If I had that car, I'd take up 2 spaces on purpose so that nobody would park on either side of me. I'm assuming that he parked liked that on purpose so that the car next to him won't dent the car and most likely whomever tries to park next to him will see that it's too tight and will park elsewhere.
    Then you have to worry about people like me that have junk cars and will park REAL close.

I've heard the GTR that went around the track to do 7:29 wasn't in the same range of HP as the ones that people are able to buy. I'll try to find the link.

Advanced Member
    Here are 2 we had during one of our shows a few months back..

Now that Spec-V looks yummy..