Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Global Warming *HOAX*

Quote Originally Posted by downhill View Post
    For some of you.

DO NOT TURN THIS into a slug fest.

Stop with the frigging insulting.
    Not trying to slug or insult.

Rational discussion compared to others out there.

**** global warming. We would need to pound 10x the greenhouse gases we are now to cause a noticeable difference.

It's like a big band wagon. People want to eliminate greenhouse gas emissions, including our coal power plants. However, they don't want nuclear, because US Nuclear power plants are designed the same way as Chernobyl and will explode and kill us all (they won't). So lets magically replace all coal, nuclear, petroleum and natural gas power plants with wind and solar. Wind and solar, which despite being pork barreled out the ass for over a decade now, account for a WHOPPING 5% of our electricity production. Oh yeah, and hydro is also hippie happy energy, despite it killing more people per unit of electricity produced than all the other forms of electricity production combined.

So you better hope I'm right about global warmoing, because there is no solution for it, and current trends will continue for DECADES.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    IMO it's a combination of many things.

But first....global warming, changes in climate, growing and shrinking of the polar caps, and fluctionations in greenhouse gases....occured naturally.....way before mankind started the industrial revolution and high rates of pollution.

Note the Pre-Human Climate Variations graph on Wikipedia...it shows 4x periods which matched today...over the past 500 thousand years.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_...ate_variations

If you note the spacing in the peaks of the graph....we're at the time where we should expect another rise.

Does mankind and the baggage of pollution and industry across the globe have any impact on it? Most likely...yes...enough evidence out there to support it. Are we the sole cause if it? Most likely not..as again...look at the history of climate..look at the graph...we have scientific evidence in drilling ice cores to prove that it happens naturally.

Pollution and our impact on the greenhouse....most likely yes we impact it quite a bit.

Deforestation of the globe? Yes most likely this has some impact.

Pollution in the ocean...destruction of major natural resources that have a huge impact on the weather....IE....Great Barrier Reef off of Australia...read up on it...and how this one massive reef impacts the weather on a global scale..it's quite interesting. Yet another contribution to the global weather pattern....and we may have had some impact on this.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Advanced Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shagster View Post
    **** global warming. We would need to pound 10x the greenhouse gases we are now to cause a noticeable difference.

Wind and solar, which despite being pork barreled out the ass for over a decade now, account for a WHOPPING 5% of our electricity production. Oh yeah, and hydro is also hippie happy energy, despite it killing more people per unit of electricity produced than all the other forms of electricity production combined.

So you better hope I'm right about global warmoing, because there is no solution for it, and current trends will continue for DECADES.
    All the clean forms of energy combined only provide us with 1 percent of total output. We need nuclear power for energy and natural gas to run everything else like cars, Problem solved because we have loads of each. They could quadruple natural gas production in this country in one years time and that would be all we need and then some to sell.

it's funny how all you people act like you know the causes of climate change, as if you all are experts in the field or something LOL

gee, let's read something someone else wrote about the climate and then nod our heads because we think we experts now too.

my stance is, it seems that the "experts" can't agree on the causes, so i am still undecided on the cause of climate change.

i mean they can't predict next weeks weather real accurately, so how can they predict 10 years from now ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    it's funny how all you people act like you know the causes of climate change, as if you all are experts in the field or something LOL

gee, let's read something someone else wrote about the climate and then nod our heads because we think we experts now too.

my stance is, it seems that the "experts" can't agree on the causes, so i am still undecided on the cause of climate change.

i mean they can't predict next weeks weather real accurately, so how can they predict 10 years from now ? ?

good point

i'll let everyone fight about it, me, i'm not gonna worry about it, i have too many other things to worry about
    "Would you mind not standing on my chest, my hats on fire." - The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    good point

i'll let everyone fight about it, me, i'm not gonna worry about it, i have too many other things to worry about

I thought the Lord was in control of your life?

Now, Hank, touch your throat. That tube you feel is your trachea. Think of it as your handle. That thing your thumb is on is your carotid artery. Think of it as your button. I want you to grab the handle, push the button.
    -Brock Samson

Quote Originally Posted by tarpoon75 View Post
    I thought the Lord was in control of your life?

he is, that's why i'm not worried about it all
    "Would you mind not standing on my chest, my hats on fire." - The Doctor

That's a cop out....

Here is a 100% accurate weather prediction.....it will not snow in Houston Texas anytime in August of 2008.

How's that possible? Do I have psychic abilities? No...it's called historical data, a trend set based over time. Common sense helps as well.

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

Speedguide.... If you don't love Obama you won't like it here.
    Straight out the Trailer!
    Re.....Spect "walk"!

MacBook Pro 2.33Ghz, 3G of Ram, OS X

Blog Entries
    The thing that bothers me is, while the jury is out on whether we're the cause of global warming, whether we can or should change anything in our life, whether greenhouse gases and deforestation have that much impact, how long it will take, whether it will correct itself... The undeniable fact is that global warming is happening at the moment.

Anyone saying "Global Warming is a Hoax" just takes shots at weather prediction models, or speculates on the fact whether we are the cause of it, and then uses those theories as a "proof" that is not happening at the moment... It's like "proving" thermometers are wrong using the fact that products made in China are of inferior quality.

My~Rig
    |Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Toledo 2.0GHz @ 2.5Ghz||ASROCK 939Dual-SATA2||OCZ Platinum 2GB (2 x 1GB) PC3200|ZALMAN 120MM CNPS7700-CU|
    |ATI XT 1600 PRO|CSB SB0570 Audigy SE 7.1||WD SE16 SATA 320GB HD|Hitachi SATA 160GB HD|Thermaltake TR2 W0070 ATX 430W Power Supply |WIN 7 Ultimate| (College Budget)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonb31 View Post
    Everyone that has a brain knows the ice caps are melting but the pollution we are causing is not near the whole problem and may not even be why the ice caps are melting. We have lost so many trees and plant life do to development and the morons cutting away at the rain forest of this world so that the earth can not recycle it for us like before.

We could pump iron into the ocean and permit the phyto-plankton do its work.

Hell_Yes

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Blog Entries

As an aside. <queue David's parable music>

As a child, I remember idling my summer days outside without thought of sunscreen. My youngsters enjoy sunburn after 45 minutes in the noon heat. While I am a man of scientific method, this observation has been echoed by nearly all from my generation. There might be something to it.

Hell_Yes

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Can't deny global warming is alive and happening.
    - Reps for being a smartass.
    SG Sh!!t List

Bouncer, downhill, John, Kip Patterson, Roody, YeOldeStonecat, Ken, Philip, David, Indy, Noevo.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spammy View Post
    Can't deny global warming is alive and happening.
    This is the age of plausible deniability and relativism. When people are of the opinion that they are being proffered half-truths and outright prevarications by information sources, even the bull shyte of demented madman can be rationalize as fact.

Hell_Yes

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    This is the age of plausible deniability and relativism. When people are of the opinion that they are being proffered half-truths and outright prevarications by information sources, even the bull shyte of demented madman can be rationalize as fact.
    Bro quit speaking smart, and start talking Spammy, for the love of all that is holy.
    - Reps for being a smartass.
    SG Sh!!t List

Bouncer, downhill, John, Kip Patterson, Roody, YeOldeStonecat, Ken, Philip, David, Indy, Noevo.

As a child, I remember idling my summer days outside without thought of sunscreen. My youngsters enjoy sunburn after 45 minutes in the noon heat. While I am a man of scientific method, this observation has been echoed by nearly all from my generation. There might be something to it.
    so we can control the amount of solar energy that the sun gives off ?

i'm kinda confused on what ya meant there bud, ya got to kinda "dumb it down" for me to understand your point

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England

//raises hand in echo

Definitely noticed this. Growing up..we'd have to be outside alllllll day to earn a sunburn 'n peel. Suntan OIL would be slathered on.

These days..under an hour to get a blush color....a couple of hours earns you that bright red skin.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    //raises hand in echo

Definitely noticed this. Growing up..we'd have to be outside alllllll day to earn a sunburn 'n peel. Suntan OIL would be slathered on.

These days..under an hour to get a blush color....a couple of hours earns you that bright red skin.

I would need more hands and feet to count the amount of friends and family that now have skin cancer.

...formerly the omnipotent UOD