Thread: Anyone playing GoalLineBlitz?

Anyone playing GoalLineBlitz?

Hey guys, didn't know if this game had made the rounds yet on Speedguide. A quick search doesn't pull anything up.

Anyway, it's an online browser based Football MMORPG.
    Pretty addictive and I've been hooked on it for a while. I threw up a little recruiting page on Squidoo to get some referral points so I can keep my players going. It would be cool if we could get a speedguide team going.

I guess if enough people played, we could all put our guys on a SG team. I'd be willing to get on the waiting list for team ownership if enough folks are interested. If you do sign up, post your referral links back here so other folks can get you some referral points as well.

Anyway, check out my little page and use my referral link if you're interested.

http://www.squidoo.com/GoalLineBlitz-Football-MMORPG

Hope to see some of ya there sometime. Hit me up. Username is S3M1N0L3.
    Simply run adaware, spybot, ZoneAlarm, HijackThis, AVG, update windows daily, have a router, don't open e-mail, turn off action scripting, don't use P2P networks, don't violate EULAs, and wear a condom to get Windows secured.

People say Linux is alot of work!

yeppers

if u use firefox they have a few scrips that make your player training and game review better

Quote Originally Posted by horsemen_ View Post
    yeppers

if u use firefox they have a few scrips that make your player training and game review better
    Oh yeah, I have pretty much all of them now. What team(s) are you on?
    Simply run adaware, spybot, ZoneAlarm, HijackThis, AVG, update windows daily, have a router, don't open e-mail, turn off action scripting, don't use P2P networks, don't violate EULAs, and wear a condom to get Windows secured.

warsaw beavers the owner closeing the team down in a day or so i going to retire my players and make new ones they are lv 18 now both cb

Yeah, I really like the CB position. Lots of action there. I should have a few guys getting some teams that will be capped at level 13 in the new leagues. Look me up if and when you're looking for a team. I might be able to help ya if you don't already have a home.

404 Sanity Not Found PsykoPenguin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    o_O oh goody, another random browser based mmo to waste my time on and eventually become bored of.

Well I was confused by the link you gave and couldn't find the referral thing so I just signed up normally.

So I joined some random team called Louisville Coyotes. It was in the offer page just accepted it and now I'm not sure what I do.
    "I'm like a lion on the prowl after prey"

Right now you're on a CPU controlled team in the Development league. This is a good place to start earning XP in games. Set your training to bring up areas of need. Chances are you'll want to train on normal or relaxed to not use too much money. Once the season starts, you'll start getting lots of XP in games. After you hit 1000 XP, you'll level up. You can move off of a Development team anytime you get an offer from a human team. You can use the rest of your flex points to either make another level 1 player or to boost the player you currently have to the next level. You can usually boost up till the last day of the off season. Training and playing at lower levels nets more XP so it's better to boost late at the lower levels. I noticed that the player in front of you on the DC is a level 8. Chances are they will move on to a human team, which should leave you as the starter unless another player joins that team at your position and is rated higher.. It doesn't matter though. The CPU splits the plays evenly on the D-League teams. So, I'd hang out and train for a while and then use the D-League to level up until you can get on a human team.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FunK View Post
    Right now you're on a CPU controlled team in the Development league. This is a good place to start earning XP in games. Set your training to bring up areas of need. Chances are you'll want to train on normal or relaxed to not use too much money. Once the season starts, you'll start getting lots of XP in games. After you hit 1000 XP, you'll level up. You can move off of a Development team anytime you get an offer from a human team. You can use the rest of your flex points to either make another level 1 player or to boost the player you currently have to the next level. You can usually boost up till the last day of the off season. Training and playing at lower levels nets more XP so it's better to boost late at the lower levels. I noticed that the player in front of you on the DC is a level 8. Chances are they will move on to a human team, which should leave you as the starter unless another player joins that team at your position and is rated higher.. It doesn't matter though. The CPU splits the plays evenly on the D-League teams. So, I'd hang out and train for a while and then use the D-League to level up until you can get on a human team.
    Well from what I saw on the announcement it's going to be the beginning of the playoffs I believe it was so no XP gains for a while, I suppose it was a bad time to join. I used up my last 200 points on the custom equipment. So only gains from normal training. I put mines on normal. I'm a FB.

http://goallineblitz.com/game/player...ayer_id=701961
    Last edited by PsykoPenguin; 07-21-08 at 11:40 PM.

It appears that there will be some action this offseason with some games being played, not sure of XP. Yes it's a slow time right now but that's to let everyone figure out the new changed. Check out the forums and the announcement thread. Might give some ideas of areas to work on, etc.

The offseason starts today so we'll have 3-4 days of players moving, teams adjusting, etc. Then the season starts and it's back to chasing that trophy!

Blog Entries
    It appears that there will be some action this offseason with some games being played, not sure of XP. Yes it's a slow time right now but that's to let everyone figure out the new changed. Check out the forums and the announcement thread. Might give some ideas of areas to work on, etc.

The offseason starts today so we'll have 3-4 days of players moving, teams adjusting, etc. Then the season starts and it's back to chasing that trophy!
    Hmm... so what's a level 1 to do on one of those CPU controlled teams?

He will start to get XP by playing in games and training. Once the games start, you'll start carrying the football and blocking, etc. Gaining XP and stats. Once the new teams are released (there will be 1024 new teams this offseason) you'll have a bunch of human owners looking for players.

Is this a texted based game?

If so, would't running scripts be considered cheating?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by downhill View Post
    Is this a texted based game?

If so, would't running scripts be considered cheating?
    Not completely text based as for scripts, they even have them in their official forums all posted and whatnot.

Blog Entries
    He will start to get XP by playing in games and training. Once the games start, you'll start carrying the football and blocking, etc. Gaining XP and stats. Once the new teams are released (there will be 1024 new teams this offseason) you'll have a bunch of human owners looking for players.
    so basically I just sit around and do nothing with it and just let it do all the work?

more less unless your a coach the only thing you do is pick what to train in and place your xp points

the game needs alot of work for the everyday players to keep them playing

They are working on that. Check season 4 updates in the announcements, etc.
    They are likely to have 2 games in the off season that owners can setup to challenge other teams, etc.

ya but for the people that dont gm a team you dont do anything but select your training and your xp points when u get them other then that you do nothing. they need more for the avg person to do other then to set the type of traing

Get into GMing.. I tell ya the new AI is intense.. I'll have to spend the better part of Thursday setting my defenses with the new settings and then testing them in the pre-season games.

I agree though to an extent, the offseason can be pretty boring at times. However, with the new changes, these training cycles will be pretty important.

So how have you guys been doing this last few games?

Blog Entries
    *shrugs* I just joined a new team, was waiting for some new contract offers it kept saying 0 so I never clicked on it, it wasn't until now I just clicked on it and I had 3 cpu team offers.