Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nikola Tesla - Forgotten Wizard

Nikola Tesla - Forgotten Wizard

Advanced Member
    Forgotten? Never, at least not for those who know the brilliance this man had, suppressed and ignored..absolutely, if only his later work wasnt seized after his death and put to use instead of locked away from the public. Shame really, way ahead of his time if only greed didnt put him under ( not his greed but all the other energy companies ) we most likely not be in the situation we are in now.

He was the greatest scientific mind in world history IMO, there is no doubt about it.

In a dry but moldy New Orleans, Louisiana
    I think a large part of the population has no clue about the war between Edison and Tesla.

War of Currents.

Many people still believe that Edison is responsible for the development of the worlds AC electrical grid, when in fact it was a joint development with Westinghouse and Tesla. Probably a lot of that thought can be attributed to the Con-Ed plant in New York.

Without Westinghouse’s support and Tesla’s inventions the world might be on a very inefficient DC electrical grid.
    Sliding down the banister of life ..........................

Edison, a great inventor himself, was also one of the world's formost thieves. He ripped off many an inventor and was a master at duplicating others' works and beating them to the patent punch.
    No one has any right to force data on you
    and command you to believe it or else.
    If it is not true for you, it isn't true.

LRH

The subject makes great reading.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyT View Post
    Edison, a great inventor himself, was also one of the world's formost thieves. He ripped off many an inventor and was a master at duplicating others' works and beating them to the patent punch.
    Indeed.... and not the only person of merit to do so.

Hell_Yes

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

In a dry but moldy New Orleans, Louisiana
    Too bad he didn’t patent, patent infringement. Maybe Edison & Co. could grab Bill Gates.
    Sliding down the banister of life ..........................

Quote Originally Posted by Shagster View Post

you mean, the scientist in the movie The Prestige was real??????????????

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

The guy was certainly brilliant.

Advanced Member
    Quote Originally Posted by UOD View Post
    you mean, the scientist in the movie The Prestige was real??????????????
    Are you being sarcastic?

If not, yes he was, and the movie didnt even hold a light to his brilliant works.

Advanced Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RoundEye View Post
    I think a large part of the population has no clue about the war between Edison and Tesla.

War of Currents.

Many people still believe that Edison is responsible for the development of the worlds AC electrical grid, when in fact it was a joint development with Westinghouse and Tesla. Probably a lot of that thought can be attributed to the Con-Ed plant in New York.

Without Westinghouse’s support and Tesla’s inventions the world might be on a very inefficient DC electrical grid.
    Shoot, I would go even to say a large part does not even KNOW who Tesla is, when I as most people, around 7 out of 10 dont know who he is..

Quote Originally Posted by downhill View Post
    The guy was certainly brilliant.
    As brilliant as eccentric. Either way... he was in it for the "good" it would make. Not the money he could make.
    People will forget what you said... and people will forget what you did... but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by frostybear View Post
    Shoot, I would go even to say a large part does not even KNOW who Tesla is, when I as most people, around 7 out of 10 dont know who he is..
    Who he was...

History is not a favorite subject of many, particularly in the US. Europeans, with there even stronger sense of ethnic pride, have deeper memories of "local boys who done good". Tesla had those sentiments as well.

Hell_Yes

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Who he was...

History is not a favorite subject of many, particularly in the US. Europeans, with there even stronger sense of ethnic pride, have deeper memories of "local boys who done good". Tesla had those sentiments as well.
    In the movie the Davinci Code there's a great line said by Tom Hanks. I believe it went s/g like this:
    "Oh, nobody hates history, they hate their own history".

Myself. I did not really dig history until I was about 40. It was around then that I realized its importance. History, as taught in public schools, is riddled w/ untruths and politically correct dogma.

LRH

Blog Entries
    In the movie the Davinci Code there's a great line said by Tom Hanks. I believe it went s/g like this:
    "Oh, nobody hates history, they hate their own history".

Myself. I did not really dig history until I was about 40. It was around then that I realized its importance. History, as taught in public schools, is riddled w/ untruths and politically correct dogma.
    Interesting quote.

"Politically correct" is a recent phenomenon. History indicates that the bookish had no issues with self aggrandizing and butchery.

Hell_Yes

Funny as I just watched "The Prestige" last night and never really heard much of Tesla in the past. I've heard of "someone who did more than Edison and faster", but never gave it much thought.

Thanks for the video.

Advanced Member
    Russia has several large Tesla coils out in the woods for some reason, Probably military. Art Bell built what he thought would be the perfect antenna set for his shortwave radio and accidently build some kind of Tesla coil that produces 300 volts but lucky for him the amps are real low and he did not get a bad zap. Unfortunately for him the antenna set is useless for his radio in its current configuration because of the voltage generated.

If im not mistaken HAARP is the reality of Teslas work and now that it is controled by the U.S. Navy and Air Force who knows what is being done with it.

Tesla was a brilant man but as usual technology like this is going to be used as a weapon, Something he did not want.

More interesting Tesla trivia:
    He had worked on the problem of world electircal power supplied wirelessly.

LRH

More interesting Tesla trivia:
    He had worked on the problem of world electircal power supplied wirelessly.
    That was the light bulb in the field stuff, right?

Pretty amazing (as I sit here with laptop power cable wrapped around my foot).