I used to get great wireless speeds on comcast cable + linksys router, but ever since we switched to Verizon wireless FiOS with an Actiontek router, it seems like my download speed is severely capped.

I get a 54.0 MBPS connection through wireless and my signal strength is excellent, but I can only get 1500 KBPS download speed on speakeasy. My upload speed is around 1800 KBPS. When I plug my laptop into the router directly, I get 5500 KBPS download speed with 1800 KBPS upload.

Why would the upload speed stay the same, but the download speed is dramatically reduced? It sounds like the settings are causing this...

I tried switching channels, changing it to 802.11G only, tried updating the firmware, I even took people's advice on this site and changed my settings through TCP Optimizer. Nothing has worked. These are OK speeds, but my wireless speed used to be the same as my wired speed... now they are very different.

Is there any advice you can give me? I'd really like to get to the bottom of this mystery. Thanks for reading, and I look forward to hearing your response.