Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: recomend me a good 24" LCD please

recomend me a good 24" LCD please

kinda thinking i want to upgrade from my 19" CRT that has served me well for many years, am looking for a 24" LCD that has really good color qualities for photoshop ect.

i have read that the tn panels are cheaper but don't have the color quality that better ones do, is that really true,

also do i really need 1:1 pixel mapping because i will probably need to run most games at a lower resolution than the 1920 x 1200 native screen size ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    kinda thinking i want to upgrade from my 19" CRT that has served me well for many years, am looking for a 24" LCD that has really good color qualities for photoshop ect.

i have read that the tn panels are cheaper but don't have the color quality that better ones do, is that really true,

also do i really need 1:1 pixel mapping because i will probably need to run most games at a lower resolution than the 1920 x 1200 native screen size ?
    Probably not helpful but I went cheap on a 22in Acer TN panel and it sucks. For gaming it's fine but working with images is just absolutely terrible. Spend wisely.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzo View Post
    Probably not helpful but I went cheap on a 22in Acer TN panel and it sucks. For gaming it's fine but working with images is just absolutely terrible. Spend wisely.
    noted

how about this benq-g2400wd ?http://www.buy.com/prod/benq-g2400wd...207993608.html

i wonder what happens if i get one with dead pixels ?

[H] and anandtech have specific forums dedicated to the new screens...i would spend some time browsing there before deciding...the benq is a tn panel if im not mistaken so i would not recommend it.

ya i guess i need to research this a bit more, and probably have to spend more than i wanted to it seems.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Viewsonic "Pro" series...designed specifically for professional graphics use. 22 and 26" sizes.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

i wonder what happens if i get one with dead pixels ?

Mourn their loss and move on. No point in dwelling.
    Tao_Jones Cult Member since 2004
    I gave Miss Manners a Dirty Sanchez, and she LIKED it.

the ones that Cat recommend would be your best choice...and don't forget about some of the HP's...I had a 22" Samsung for a few months and hated it with a passion...thought i was going blind(TN panel or at least the Samsung equal). Went down in size but up in quality to a 20" 4:3 HP LP2065 and spent about $450 on it 1.5 years ago and could not be happier with it (IPS-S panel).

Blog Entries
    Soyo 24" 24DYLM24D6

I picked one up a little while ago, and I must say, it is quite impressive for the price.

Hell_Yes

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

I've always liked my Samsung displays.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824001234

i am looking hard at this one right now, 8 bit color so it should be good for pictures and whatnot.

man it is really confusing picking out an LCD, i've had my viewsonic PF790 for so long, i forgot how hard it is to choose a monitor LOL

http://store.benq.us/benq-us/product...&culture=en-US

Certified SG Addict
    I got tired of trying to find a 24" that really grabbed me, so I went to a 32" 1080p HDTV. Same res, higher quality screen overall with better contrast, optical audio and yadda yadda. Not too far above the higher-end 24" monitors.

Quote Originally Posted by Burke View Post
    I got tired of trying to find a 24" that really grabbed me, so I went to a 32" 1080p HDTV. Same res, higher quality screen overall with better contrast, optical audio and yadda yadda. Not too far above the higher-end 24" monitors.
    **** ! a 32" !!?!? right on,thats cool,good idea for a monitor

Certified SG Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    **** ! a 32" !!?!? right on,thats cool,good idea for a monitor
    Mine is a Samsung 550 series, only about $850 or so depending on where you get it. You just need to sit about an extra foot away from it.

LCD prices are set to drop in late September or October due to new models for the holidays, so the current models should drop in price by upwards of 20%.

Mine is a Samsung 550 series, only about $850 or so depending on where you get it. You just need to sit about an extra foot away from it.

LCD prices are set to drop in late September or October due to new models for the holidays, so the current models should drop in price by upwards of 20%.
    well,I just bought a viewsonic 20",but it sure would be nice to have a 32",

also,I am going to buy my dad a ,maybe a 46" tv for his bedroom,but I can't wait that long,I am going to LA next weekend to buy one and mount it for him,

btw,it may sound strange coming form me,but it's good to see you back here.

got this on order now, free shipping this weekend plus 10% off so i figured WTH, 30 return policy also if i am not happy with it.l

Certified SG Addict

got this on order now, free shipping this weekend plus 10% off so i figured WTH, 30 return policy also if i am not happy with it.l
    Hmm, I thought they discontinued that model...

Hmm, I thought they discontinued that model...
    no, but it is hard to find somewhere to buy it locally, so i went direct purchase, seems to offer better support that way from what i have read.

what is the exact model 32" ya got ?

Certified SG Addict
    no, but it is hard to find somewhere to buy it locally, so i went direct purchase, seems to offer better support that way from what i have read.

what is the exact model 32" ya got ?
    That is also a DEAD CHEAP price. It originally hit the market at nearly a grand.

I have a Samsung LN32A550.