Thread: so last night after a few beers i decide to pay my wireless/cellular bill

so last night after a few beers i decide to pay my wireless/cellular bill

I know, I know.... funny how the intoxiated mind works but still an amusing occurrence. I send the text message for my bill balance and get this back.....

Current Balance:$3,394.67
    Due Date:06/26/08
    Last Payment Rcvd:$72.01
    On:05/18/08
    was kind of a buzzkill, IMO.

long story even longer, but 2 mo. ago I renewed my cell contract, picked up a good PDA ("pocketpc", technically) and the flat rate data plan/service for $30/month. the $72 dollar payment was the first months bill, which is the correct amount. the $3300+ smackers was for data usage over the 2nd month (billing must have not received the memo).

so after I called billing and expressed my conusion, we came to the same conclusion as tot the error, and they let me make my normal payment amount until the dispute is reconciled.

after making my payment the billing rep asked me (as they always do) "would you like to enable automatic bill payment?".

ummmmm...........no? lololol
    "Today is a black day in the history of mankind."

- Leo Szilard

Ima little tipsy myself. You don't owe 3 grand on phone calls do ya?
    The more I drink, the less I care.

Wow.

I remember back in the 80's, I would get mobile phone bills that were usually ~$6000...per month... It was like $4 per minute back then! Not many people had them and everyone wanted to use it. I had to put limo tint on my windows to keep people from pointing at me when I was on the phone waiting for the traffic signal to change!

You should let them auto deduct from your bank account!

how is your phone still in service with a bill that high thats crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by morbidpete View Post
    how is your phone still in service with a bill that high thats crazy!
    PROLLY JUST A WEEks worth of data transfer?

I know if you use your cell as a modem it can get expensive, but 3k that must be an error

I was going to post a link to that thread, but the SG search results for "bullsh|t" were too numerous

sometimes you have to think outside the box to get inside the box .

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    I remember back in the 80's, I would get mobile phone bills that were usually ~$6000...per month... It was like $4 per minute back then! Not many people had them and everyone wanted to use it. I had to put limo tint on my windows to keep people from pointing at me when I was on the phone waiting for the traffic signal to change!

You should let them auto deduct from your bank account!
    you can actually remember the 80's ?

it all seems blury to me.

So was the $3000 for the data usage you mention or was it an error (which you also mention)?

Post sober damnit.

Quote Originally Posted by Humboldt View Post
    So was the $3000 for the data usage you mention or was it an error (which you also mention)?

Post sober damnit.
    lol, sorry man. the PDA i mentioned is also my means of posting (micro keyboard and screen) so by the time I finish pecking out a sentence so much time has passed I can't remember what my point was .

anyways, all of that $3300+ except for the $39.95 voice plan was for data (internet) usage. I think their price for data (without a flat rate data plan, which I signed up for) is 10/KB. bill says i d/l'd 330MB or so.

over $3000 for less than 400MB? if I was using a normal sized keyboard i'd go on a rant. sickening exploitation, IMO.

in summation (lol), its a mistake. the rep I spoke to said she saw that I had the flat rate data plan. for some reason it didn't carry over to the 2nd month.

she said the dispute had a resolution date of july 4th. i'm hoping this works itself out properly. I have a good level of contempt for corporate practices so I am not 100% confident they won't find a way to justify the charges.

/crossfingers

- Leo Szilard

I had two months $800+ bills since I had a phone with no data plan but it was trying 24/7 to connect with stuff. Finally I got VZW to sort it out and they wiped it all off my account.

Now I have the data plan and all is well. (Although they did it one more time once my data plan was activated.)

Quote Originally Posted by mountainman View Post
    I had two months $800+ bills since I had a phone with no data plan but it was trying 24/7 to connect with stuff. Finally I got VZW to sort it out and they wiped it all off my account.

Now I have the data plan and all is well. (Although they did it one more time once my data plan was activated.)

an accout rep left me a voicemail today saying the dispute had been "resolved to my expectations". lets hope the cause of the error was fixed and they didnt just fix the account balance, like what probably hapened to you.

on the surface it just seems to straightforward i just cant understand how mistakes like this can happen. i suppose thats big business for ya. one hand not knowing what the other is doing.

- Leo Szilard