Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Obama's "Gathering of civis/religious leaders"....reporters/cameras banned

Quote Originally Posted by JBrazen View Post
    While not the wisest choice of words, especially after Michelle Obama inserted her foot into her mouth, you have to look at the wording of the statements. McCain used the word love and we humans have been trying to find the exact meaning of that word since we've been walking this Earth. Michelle used the word proud, we KNOW what that means...."I was never PROUD of my Country".

If you can't tell the difference between the 2 statements, well.........

[ link ]

Great song!

Mr. Brazen, I can tell one thing for certain.

It's not unlike the RNC to go after the wives of presidential hopefuls.

They've done it big time to several and the myths exist to this day among those who don't want to believe differently.

Examples? Sure....

"Kitty Dukakis had been photographed "burning an American flag while she was an antiwar demonstrator during the '60s."

Our own Steve Symms said that. He was a skirt chasher and worthless as a senator but hey....this is his fame to glory.

How about this gem that so many neocons still belive.

The "lesbian" Hillary Clinton, had Vince Foster murdered to cover up an affair. Really...now, and that one is STILL believed amoung the ditto heads and Fox News supporters.

How about Kerry's wife? It never ended.

What is it with the power elite of the RNC that they feel they have to smear women? How could they be so insecure???

Hell they even do it to one of their own. Witness McCains run in 2000. The things said....shameful for grown men.

Advanced Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzo View Post

Downhill, neither side is innocent when it comes to politics and I'm no fan of McCain either, but he is a hell of a lot more qualified to be POTUS than Obama is. Obama's a first term Senator and only served for what, 5 months as Senator before he thought he was qualified to be POTUS? Then, for the most part, he ceased his duties as Senator to run for the White House. IMO, he's not qualified to lead this country and the more he speaks and exposes himself, the more people will realize that.
    Last edited by Prey521; 06-24-08 at 04:42 PM.

Downhill, neither side is innocent when it comes to politics and I'm no fan of McCain either, but he is a hell of a lot more qualified to be POTUS than Obama is. Obama's a first term Senator and only served for what, 5 months as Senator before he thought he was qualified to be POTUS? Then, for the most part, he ceased his duties as Senator to run for the White House. IMO, he's not qualified to lead this country and the more he speaks and exposes himself, the more people will realize that.
    Shoot the more he speaks the more passionate his supporters become. No need resisting the inevitable. He is going to be your next President.

Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    Shoot the more he speaks the more passionate his supporters become. No need resisting the inevitable. He is going to be your next President.
    Polls are BS .....but it looks that way.

CNN) With just over four months to go until voters weigh in at the polls, a new survey suggests Sen. Barack Obama is holding a double-digit lead over Sen. John McCain among registered voters.

According to a new Los Angeles Times/Bloomberg poll, Obama holds a 12 point lead over McCain in a head-to-head match up, 49 percent to 37 percent. But when third party candidates Ralph Nader and Bob Barr are added to the list, Obama's lead over McCain extends to 15 points, 48 percent to 33 percent.

The survey is the second in a matter of days to indicate McCain may face a sizable deficit as the general election campaign kicks off. A Newsweek poll released four days ago showed the Illinois senator with a 15 point lead.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    I'm not worried.

I'm not worried.

I refuse to throw my vote away into the toilet of "the lesser of two evils" I will vote for an INDIVIDUAL that I feel will best represent my country not my personal beliefs so much. If i can not find one I will vote other, however I am quite steady with Barr at the moment so I am strong there unless some new information changes my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by R0cke113 View Post
    I refuse to throw my vote away into the toilet of "the lesser of two evils" I will vote for an INDIVIDUAL that I feel will best represent my country not my personal beliefs so much. If i can not find one I will vote other, however I am quite steady with Barr at the moment so I am strong there unless some new information changes my mind.
    WTF? You're voting for me?

To be closed to new ideas is like a bank not accepting cash deposits. you can only accrue so much from one area is a significant limiting factor for your mental capability as well as your understanding of politics. (this is not aimed at any individual just a comment to all in general)

i'm afraid your desires for Americas future and mine do not align quite well enough. Sorry but I would cast a vote for my Dad ahead of you if there were no more candidates I could choose.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R0cke113 View Post
    To be closed to new ideas is like a bank not accepting cash deposits. you can only accrue so much from one area is a significant limiting factor for your mental capability as well as your understanding of politics. (this is not aimed at any individual just a comment to all in general)
    An odd analogy you have selected. Regardless, it is a rara avis that processes experiences without subjectivity. "New" ideas might be heard, but not heeded.

TonyT mentioned it in a previous thread, we do not truly have a two party system. Both sides feed at the same trough, while tossing irrelevant talking points to divide the population. The Ron Paul's, Lyndon Larouche's, Pat Buchanan's, Ralph Nader's of the world, would stand a better chance with broader based messages. Even then, we can only pray that they could be effective if elected.

Hell_Yes

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

I'm sure anyone would be effective whether in a positive or negative manner our leader will take us somewhere. No politician is very smart their advisers are the real geniuses. Regardless I have more faith in a new town mayor running our country than a career politician. I also totally agree with TonyT that the Republicans and Democrats are the same party just making BS up so they appear to be separate in their views. Either way in every political race the ones with the most media coverage and advertisement are the worst for the job because they have already been purchased and trained.

I dont know where McCain's financial interests lay, however I do know that one of Obama's biggest contributors is the bigest grower of corn in the U.S. so wonder what he wants to do?

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    meanwhile..back on thread subject of " Obama's "Gathering of civis/religious leaders"....reporters/cameras banned"
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!