Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Obama's "Gathering of civis/religious leaders"....reporters/cameras banned

Quote Originally Posted by sito View Post
    Shouldn't it be you vote him/her as President for what they do, not who they are? I know you know, I'm just saying.

Americans tend to judge based on perception rather than reality.

The perception of headscarf wearing Muslim women sharing the same physical space as Obama sent chills down the spines of his staff...because they knew that the media would spin it as "support" for the radical Islamist movement. Post 9/11 America is staunchly anti-Muslim and for all the wrong reasons.

This is all part of the Republican strategy....to keep McCain quiet and out of the spotlight for as long as possible....let Obama destroy himself.

Most people have already forgotten what an angry and ill tempered man McCain really is. But I'm sure his true colors will come out during the debates. And that is when it will all go south for McCain because Obama can shake this off over the summer.....McCain will not be able to escape himself since election time will be very close. The only stuff fresh in people's minds will be how McCain reacts while under pressure.

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

Dropping one ton bombs for profit is worse than blow jobs. I'm taking a chance on this one!!
    The more I drink, the less I care.

Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    Finally...a serious answer. Interesting....tnx. So that being said....one could surmise that Obamas support team was being..hmmm...."religiously aware".

Yes, and I think they calculated each risk. Letting people wonder why Muslim women were not allowed to be photographed is much less risky than allowing it and removing all doubt lol.

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

Finally...a serious answer. Interesting....tnx. So that being said....one could surmise that Obamas support team was being..hmmm...."religiously aware".
    I would consider it one of many serious answers already given.

Quote Originally Posted by UOD View Post
    Americans tend to judge based on perception rather than reality.

The perception of headscarf wearing Muslim women sharing the same physical space as Obama sent chills down the spines of his staff...because they knew that the media would spin it as "support" for the radical Islamist movement. Post 9/11 America is staunchly anti-Muslim and for all the wrong reasons.

This is all part of the Republican strategy....to keep McCain quiet and out of the spotlight for as long as possible....let Obama destroy himself.

Most people have already forgotten what an angry and ill tempered man McCain really is. But I'm sure his true colors will come out during the debates. And that is when it will all go south for McCain because Obama can shake this off over the summer.....McCain will not be able to escape himself since election time will be very close. The only stuff fresh in people's minds will be how McCain reacts while under pressure.

Your right, and I think Obama is the next JFK. His words shake the bones of to many deep rooted companies and they plan to assasinate physically or politically any man/women that test those grounds. I hope he wins. He is as corrupt as the rest, but he speaks like a man that should lead your country in a new direction.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Yes, and I think they calculated each risk. Letting people wonder why Muslim women were not allowed to be photographed is much less risky than allowing it and removing all doubt lol.
    No I meant respect towards the womens side, and respect for them and their religion.

Easy enough to figure they would rather stop the pictures...damage control weighted calculation...
    which over 75% of the public might wonder if they saw the pictures...
    versus rile up the barely 10% of the public which finds out they stopped the women.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Your right, and I think Obama is the next JFK.
    I see him more as the next Carter....only similarity between Obama and JFK that I see is youth and perhaps some women consider Obama good looking.

BTW...JFK was loved..and was well known as a womanizer. Conflicts with your claming that America hates BJs...JFK was very well loved by the public.
    Guinness for Strength!!!

I'd go one step beyond royally screwed. Nobody looks to the root of his leadership though, that's just water under the bridge. That's what really drives a pole in my Canadian ass. It's like the leader of the most powerful counrty in the world did EVERYTHING wrong, even possibly committed war crimes, but shame on Clinton who had the economy at it's best but oh damn you got a blow job. It's a circus to the outsider.

I like blow jobs too. Does that mean (besides my heritage) I could never be President? Does America hate Blow Jobs? Be honest!!!
    I'm with ya man. Not much I can say though. There is an element of hypocrisy that comes from these situations.

I agree. Obama comes off so even keel and that will only make McCain's temper seem even worse.

Blog Entries
    I knew it ! Obama hates jews! Damn him to hell !
    In Hebrew, Barak means lightening. Jewish Lightening, perhaps.

Hell_Yes

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    I agree. Obama comes off so even keel and that will only make McCain's temper seem even worse.
    It is his smooth manner and oratory skills that thwarted Hilliary's shrill. We will see if it holds up to the harsher light of the general election.

Hell_Yes

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    In Hebrew, Barak means lightening. Jewish Lightening, perhaps.

No matter his color or creed, this man will be something, regardless if he wins, he's somebody America should embrace.

I see him more as the next Carter....only similarity between Obama and JFK that I see is youth and perhaps some women consider Obama good looking.

BTW...JFK was loved..and was well known as a womanizer. Conflicts with your claming that America hates BJs...JFK was very well loved by the public.
    He speaks also of "radical" change that is in need. America helps many nations globally. Maybe it's time you helped yourselves. Maybe the guy that got his legs blown off while we were eating mashed potatoes and getting drunk recieved immediately what he deserves.

Blog Entries
    No matter his color or creed, this man will be something, regardless if he wins, he's somebody America should embrace.
    Why?

Hell_Yes

Blog Entries
    I see him more as the next Carter.....
    I am inclined to agree. If he wins, he will preside over a financial mess and do little to correct it.

Hell_Yes

Why?
    He has a vision... a vision big business would like to put a bullet in.

I am inclined to agree. If he wins, he will preside over a financial mess and do little to correct it.
    Your theoretically one of the richest countrys in the world that just poored HUNDREDS of BILLIONS into a foreign land that hates you (can't even get into the horrendous details).

What financial debt could this man do that his predosessor hasn't done? He could smoke crack, lose his mind and hand out tulips to every citizen of the world and still not do the damage your current president has.
    Healthcare! OMFG heaven forbid! Heaven forbid!

Blog Entries
    Your theoretically one of the richest countrys in the world that just poored HUNDREDS of BILLIONS into a foreign land that hates you (can't even get into the horrendous details).

What financial debt could this man do that his predosessor hasn't done? He could smoke crack, lose his mind and hand out tulips to every citizen of the world and still not do the damage your current president has.
    Healthcare! OMFG heaven forbid! Heaven forbid!
    The Iraq war is many things, primarily theft. It would not be Obama's fault for the mess he inherited (Like Carter), however he would be expected to exercise fiscal restraint to right America's economic ship (something that did not happen under Carter's reign).

As for healthcare..... yes, the US does need to do something about it. However, your southern cousins live in a different land, with a larger population and a very different governing system.

Hell_Yes

My neighbors are from Minnesota and she is 5 months pregnant. Besides the fact she has a PHD and him a Masters degree, do they have to worry about if her ureterus flips inside out when she gives birth, NO, not because she's covered by insurance but because our country with look after her. Every Canadian will foot the bill, do I lose sleep over that? no! (Randy might ) because people of a civilized land help their own, even if they aren't our own.

Something you all should have had long time ago!

because people of a civilized land help their own, even if they aren't our own.
    Do you quality stereotypically hating people "just because they live in another country" as being civilized?
    Guinness for Strength!!!