Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Obama's "Gathering of civis/religious leaders"....reporters/cameras banned

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    The Iraq war is many things, primarily theft. It would not be Obama's fault for the mess he inherited (Like Carter), however he would be expected to exercise fiscal restraint to right America's economic ship (something that did not happen under Carter's reign).

As for healthcare..... yes, the US does need to do something about it. However, your southern cousins live in a different land, with a larger population and a very different governing system.
    I know it's a larger population, that's no excuse. Go capitalist all day, just cure your sick without question. Your eager to jump into hell, but not help your own. WE have system abuse here, but omg we still float the boat and live well. If people are sick, I feel it's a human obligation to fix them or try. There shouldn't be a bill at the end of your visit. Humanity dictates that.
    The more I drink, the less I care.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    OK so much for a legit reply from someone who might know more about the Muslim religion...

Don't need insults or insinuations about it solely coming from a republican side..nor IQ counts (PS david..you're not the only one to go post college in degrees )

...and...oh yeah....earlier on in the elections I came out of the gates intending to vote for him.
    FOUND IT.....

toward the bottom....

It was the 1950 Florida primary campaign for the U.S. Senate when George Smathers challenged incumbent Claude Pepper. In his campaign, Smathers targeted Pepper's unrestrained liberalismóbefore liberalism became a dirty wordóand the fears of uneducated voters.

In a classic campaign speech in rural northern Florida, Smathers told his audience that Pepper was "a shameless extrovert" who was known to have engaged in "nepotism" with his sister-in-law, "whose sister was once a thespian" in wicked New York City, and who was acknowledged to have "practiced celibacy" before his marriage.

The Smathers smear worked. He defeated Pepper by almost 67,000 votes.

But is this story true, or is it another urban legend? Until the end of his Senate career in 1971, Smathers denied the story. Nevertheless, he acknowledged in Reconsiderations by Florida House Clerk Allen Morris, published in 1982, that the story has "gone into the history books."

Hell_Yes

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Do you quality stereotypically hating people "just because they live in another country" as being civilized?
    If A human were dying of any color or background, would I help them? Is that what your asking? A sparrow was hoping around my yard with a broken wing as I began to bbq'd yesterday and it broke my heart to see such a harmless creature destined to die. That might make me a weak person, a tree huggin hippy even, but it makes me sad. if I knew of a way to help a sparrow with a broken wing, I'd help the ****ing thing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sito View Post
    I know it's a larger population, that's no excuse. Go capitalist all day, just cure your sick without question. Your eager to jump into hell, but not help your own. WE have system abuse here, but omg we still float the boat and live well. If people are sick, I feel it's a human obligation to fix them or try. There shouldn't be a bill at the end of your visit. Humanity dictates that.
    It is not only our large and expansive population where we differ, but our disconnection from our government. On the whole, many view it as the corrupt enemy. Much of the tax monies go into state, private and corporate pockets rather than efficiently into coffers where it might be properly utilized. Truthfully, it is disgusting.

As for healing the sick.... well we all have our thought as to what services should be gratis. I do quite a bit of pro bono for those in need. Part of the American psyche is(READ: generalization) to be able to choose who we wish to help.

Hell_Yes

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Do you quality stereotypically hating people "just because they live in another country" as being civilized?
    Also if you had a cardiac arrest while shopping for beer in Canada, would I try to save you? That would depend on your location in the parking lot. I know either way I'd have extra beer.

It is not only our large and expansive population where we differ, but our disconnection from our government. On the whole, many view it as the corrupt enemy. Much of the tax monies go into state, private and corporate pockets rather than efficiently into coffers where it might be properly utilized. Truthfully, it is disgusting.

As for healing the sick.... well we all have our thought as to what services should be gratis. I do quite a bit of pro bono for those in need. Part of the American psyche is(READ: generalization) to be able to choose who we wish to help.
    But everyone is hip to spending several hundred billion to support a lie. I'll guess your answer is no, but your President George Bush is walking free as we speak.

You guys need a revolution. Do yourselves a favour, you can even partially invade us during this "struggle", just make what's wrong, right.

Help them all. A good reflection of a country is is how they treat their sick. Canadians pay extra to go to American doctors. If you let your poor die, what does that say about your country? Many redneck will charge in and say who gives a **** what the world thinks. The intelligent ones probably won't say that. We have a great slice of the world pie compared to most.
    Last edited by sito; 06-20-08 at 11:49 AM.

It's been a great night/day, despite what you might think I luv yas, I just hope you redeem yourselves come that faithful day. The world needs a little more hope and you guys seem to hold that card.

You won't hear any arguments from me on this remark. I believe we should have Universal Health Care. I find it sickening that a country of our wealth regards those in need so flippantly.

It cracks me up that every speech Bush gave in a public place, owned by the people, the mass's were screened to make sure there weren't any hecklers.

That never got much publicity.

Yet this is a news worthy story? LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by downhill View Post
    It cracks me up that every speech Bush gave in a public place, owned by the people, the mass's were screened to make sure there weren't any hecklers.

That never got much publicity.

Yet this is a news worthy story? LMAO
    Barack is black and he has a name that people don't like that's why this crap is happening.

Blog Entries
    But everyone is hip to spending several hundred billion to support a lie. I'll guess your answer is no, but your President George Bush is walking free as we speak.

You guys need a revolution. Do yourselves a favour, you can even partially invade us during this "struggle", just make what's wrong, right.
    sito,

Which lie is it that "everyone" is hip to spending several billion on?

US presidents do not go to jail.

Do we need a revolution, perhaps. If so, it would a quiet one.

Hell_Yes

Blog Entries
    Help them all. A good reflection of a country is is how they treat their sick. Canadians pay extra to go to American doctors. If you let your poor die, what does that say about your country? Many redneck will charge in and say who gives a **** what the world thinks. The intelligent ones probably won't say that. We have a great slice of the world pie compared to most.
    Evidentally you wish to make this a discussion of health care. If cuddled up with some popcorn and frosty beverage and a copy of "Sicko" on your DVD player, you might believe that there is no safety net for the impoverish sick in America. However, we have several in my area that will not turn anyone away. Sadly, private insurance companies (read: for profit) dictate rules to many hospitals. Understand, that our government has been bought. Do not blame the citizens.

Hell_Yes

Evidentally you wish to make this a discussion of health care. If cuddled up with some popcorn and frosty beverage and a copy of "Sicko" on your DVD player, you might believe that there is no safety net for the impoverish sick in America. However, we have several in my area that will not turn anyone away. Sadly, private insurance companies (read: for profit) dictate rules to many hospitals. Understand, that our government has been bought. Do not blame the citizens.
    Actually blame can be put on both the Government and citizens. It is after all the citizens who keep voting back in the same people who they complain about. Truth is we are all a part of the problem.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    Actually blame can be put on both the Government and citizens. It is after all the citizens who keep voting back in the same people who they complain about. Truth is we are all a part of the problem.
    Trent,

It is the illusion of choice that we have here in the US. Sales books are many on the technique.

Hell_Yes

Trent,

It is the illusion of choice that we have here in the US. Sales books are many on the technique.
    I agree with that in some ways, but it can be changed if we really want it too. That said it would take alot of collective work.

Advanced Member
    Trent,

Key word here...when you give people a choice they are much less likely to revolt because they always think the situation will change when the next person takes office in whatever position...choice is the illusion. You let people think they are making the decisions and they will keep going the same route over and over again.

Evidentally you wish to make this a discussion of health care. If cuddled up with some popcorn and frosty beverage and a copy of "Sicko" on your DVD player,
    I haven't seen that yet is it any good?

If this guy becomes president I fear for our nation, it will be bad.
    "Would you mind not standing on my chest, my hats on fire." - The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    If this guy becomes president I fear for our nation, it will be bad.

Explain this. Please do tell what B. Obama is going to "do" to this county (if elected) that will be so apocalyptic.
    Tao_Jones Cult Member since 2004
    I gave Miss Manners a Dirty Sanchez, and she LIKED it.