Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama's "Gathering of civis/religious leaders"....reporters/cameras banned

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England

Obama's "Gathering of civis/religious leaders"....reporters/cameras banned

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/19/us...9campaign.html

"When Mr. Obama met with religious leaders last week, his campaign kept out photographers and reporters and refused to share a full list of participants."

And at another rally...
    "At a rally for Senator Barack Obama in Detroit on Monday, two Muslim women said they were prohibited from sitting behind the candidate because they were wearing head scarves and campaign volunteers did not want them to appear with him in news photographs or live television coverage."

Why is he attempting to hide "Muslim" from his image?
    Now...based from what I've read about Muslims...if ones father is a Muslim...you are automatically born as a Muslim. Now Obama apparently removed himself from the religion when he was younger...changed his name from Barack to "Barry". Apparently if you do this before some certain age such as the mid to later teen years...that's a way to get out of the religion. Else..doing it later in life is apparently bad.

However..when someone converts to being a Muslim later in life...you take on a Muslim name, such as Ali did, Jabar, etc. So when/why did Barack ==> Barry ==> back to Barack.

This, combined with the secrecy of his civil/religious meeting.... something that makes me go "Hmmm"
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

When the common American man/woman can run for President of your great country, only then will I again have faith in America as it once stood proud and free. Ya got a ****in circus going on there. The first real President to step forth, of middle class cloth, I will faint and he will be assasinated. You folks need a revolution. No I'm not high, I said it. It doesn't matter because you as the good people of America make it that way.
    The more I drink, the less I care.

The French that you all hate gave you the Statue of Liberty. Do any of you amongst the political haze remember why, or even care? When you remember, I think things will get better, but I'm just a fool next door.

Did you know that there are these little green beings that leave pots of gold at the end of a rainbow....the republican party told me so it must be true!

edit> I knew one of you guys would claim he's a Muslim....it was only a matter of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzo View Post
    Did you know that there are these little green beings that leave pots of gold at the end of a rainbow....the republican party told me so it must be true!

edit> I knew one of you guys would claim he's a Muslim....it was only a matter of time.
    More important! Do you know why the French gave you the Statue of Liberty? lol I kill me!

Barack Obama is Osama BIN Ladens cousin truth be told!

Republicans should rejoice that Obama is kissin cousins with Osama because Bush and Co have had ties with that family before, during and after 911.

The kid has meant so much to the Republicans dime they haven't killed him as a favor to the Bin Laden family. It's true he runs free as we speak because his family has too much of an impact on American oil imports from the middle east.

Stop one and ask them next time you see one.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England

His choice of religion isn't the issue. It's his skirting of the matter, conflicting with his promise of being totally open in his campaign. You may (or more likely..probably not) recall in some religious threads in the past...the choice of religion doesn't impact me...people (most) have freedom to choose whatever religion and church works for them.

//back on track to intelligent replies.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Very unfortunate the Republicans have let a few thousand young Americans die because of it though. Think of it as a minor inconvenience though. Much like Bush did when he stopped hunting the supposed 911 mastermind and vacationed with American blood in Iraq instead.

Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    His choice of religion isn't the issue. It's his skirting of the matter, conflicting with his promise of being totally open in his campaign.

//back on track to intelligent replies.
    With the way the rednecks, hillbillies, racists and just your average moron, which unfortunately represents a good chunk of the voting public, I don't blame him. He isn't skirting anything.

We all make mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by sito View Post
    Very unfortunate the Republicans have let a few thousand young Americans die because of it though. Think of it as a minor inconvenience though. Much like Bush did when he stopped hunting the supposed 911 mastermind and vacationed with American blood in Iraq instead.
    There's a far more dangerous terrorist 'round these days *spits chaw* ....and he's runnin' fer pres'dent.

Do rednecks know why the French gave you the Statue of Liberty?

re the women sitting behind him and the ban of photog-reporters at the meeting is just a PR handling. This is to prevent/avert any attacks/slander by the opposition. It is thought less damaging to have media promote via such articles as above than it is to have media promote twisted stories about who sat behind him and who attended the meeting.

While I am not at all backing this candidate, I perceive this as a standard PR action by his campaign mamagement. And do realize that any public actions of a candidate have the potential to be used against the candidate by the opposition, no matter the "rightness or wrongness" of what the candidate does.

I am still going to write in a vote for Ron Paul!
    No one has any right to force data on you
    and command you to believe it or else.
    If it is not true for you, it isn't true.

LRH

Do rednecks know why the French gave you the Statue of Liberty?
    Before or after a google search?

Blog Entries
    More important! Do you know why the French gave you the Statue of Liberty? lol I kill me!
    Because they had a spare?

Hell_Yes

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

There's a far more dangerous terrorist 'round these days *spits chaw* ....and he's runnin' fer pres'dent.
    I'm way ahead of ya. It's neither party so much as the people willing to accept them.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Because they had a spare?
    Damn MDs know everthing. Thanks for spoiling my fun.

Before or after a google search?
    I'm digging cause I know most don't know and that's a terrible thing. WTF is going on?!!!!?

Damn MDs know everthing. Thanks for spoiling my fun.
    Man, and I thought it was to give shade to the fishies.