Page 6 of 47 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Ohio State Buckeyes Thread

Wells is an exceptional back and certainly one of the best in the country, but no way does he win the Heisman. Had he played in the USC game he likely would have been a leading candidate, but he's not even close now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    He is NOT the best CFB as of this year or even last year for that matter. But you posted the article about him winning the Heisman not me. Now your pokin at him being the best no matter what.. ok but seems it is your smoke I'm breathing.

If I had to choose on a heisman winner I'd go with Chase Daniel. But again after watching the games I've watched so far including games Wells has played in, he's not the best player.
    no i posted about *him still believing* he can win. you are hilarious. you watched him in the first game of the season in which nobody is in stride and then the first game back AFTER INJURY which he was not %100 and did not play the whole game. he averages (at this point 8.8 ypc), which i know will change man, but holy **** your thinking is flawed.
    a.k.a. GSXR 750

Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    Wells is an exceptional back and certainly one of the best in the country, but no way does he win the Heisman. Had he played in the USC game he likely would have been a leading candidate, but he's not even close now.
    that is what i said/posted. the only reason he is not in contention is because of the layoff, but sava thinks he is "hype".
    a.k.a. GSXR 750

Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer View Post
    no i posted about *him still believing* he can win. you are hilarious. you watched him in the first game of the season in which nobody is in stride and then the first game back AFTER INJURY which he was not %100 and did not play the whole game. he averages (at this point 8.8 ypc), which i know will change man, but holy **** your thinking is flawed.
    Yeah and I said he must be crazy and trying to be funny to even THINK or BELIEVE he has a chance. My thinking isn't flawed, your love affair with Wells is.

Yeah and I said he must be crazy and trying to be funny to even THINK or BELIEVE he has a chance. My thinking isn't flawed, your love affair with Wells is.
    wow, just wow. my love affair with wells, huh. i guess you had better start telling all the CFB analyts, coaches and players that echo my thoughts on wells that they are wrong and they have a love affair with him.
    a.k.a. GSXR 750

wow, just wow. my love affair with wells, huh. i guess you had better start telling all the CFB analyts, coaches and players that echo my thoughts on wells that they are wrong and they have a love affair with him.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/heisman/index

I don't have to tell anyone.. there is all the data I need and its certainly clear from that list which is comprised from those voters whom are made up of CFB analysts and coaches whom agree and don't even put him in the list.

Sorry man but Wells is "well done".

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/heisman/index

I don't have to tell anyone.. there is all the data I need and its certainly clear from that list which is comprised from those voters whom are made up of CFB analysts and coaches whom agree and don't even put him in the list.

Sorry man but Wells is "well done".
    well duh, probably because he has played 2 games.
    a.k.a. GSXR 750

well duh, probably because he has played 2 games.
    ok.......... he should know that by now too and stop kidding himself thinking he has a shot then. I mean I don't see nascar drivers saying they have a shot at winning the Cup when they haven't won a race yet...do you?

ok.......... he should know that by now too and stop kidding himself thinking he has a shot then. I mean I don't see nascar drivers saying they have a shot at winning the Cup when they haven't won a race yet...do you?
    not sure, never watch nascar. i think he has the right attitude though, in which he wants/needs to perform at peak in every game. i think he knows he can't win, but at least he can try.
    a.k.a. GSXR 750

Take heart in the idea he is certainly better then anything Va. Tech has to offer Gixxer.

Take heart in the idea he is certainly better then anything Va. Tech has to offer Gixxer.
    a.k.a. GSXR 750

It will be nice to see Ohio State/Va. Tech settle it on the field in a few years.

Ohio state VS Va Tech, TO THE DEATH!

Now see... I had no intentions of bringing VA Tech even into this conversation.... which you did like you or he did in the other threads. He can hope and wish all he wants with many others that are in the same boat or on that list I posted but it will come down to the Best and wells isn't the best.

It will be nice to see Ohio State/Va. Tech settle it on the field in a few years.
    never happen unless its a bowl game.... next years schedule is still up in the air on that SEC team which rumors are Alabama.

Now see... I had no intentions of bringing VA Tech even into this conversation.... which you did like you or he did in the other threads. He can hope and wish all he wants with many others that are in the same boat or on that list I posted but it will come down to the Best and wells isn't the best.

never happen unless its a bowl game.... next years schedule is still up in the air on that SEC team which rumors are Alabama.
    first of all, you are the jab king. we know it is all in fun just like when we jab at VT.

2nd...wells is as good a player than anybody in the country....period. barring injury of course, but hell, look at what he did last year with 2 injuries all year.
    a.k.a. GSXR 750

but hell, look at what he did last year with 2 injuries all year.
    He's got a different line defending him this year and it takes those guys to help him win it just like it takes the rest of the team to help the other guys.

He's got a different line defending him this year and it takes those guys to help him win it just like it takes the rest of the team to help the other guys.
    agreed, but he is good enough to make things happen and a lot of the times big things with or without the lines help.
    a.k.a. GSXR 750

Wells, Pryor cause headaches for defenses
    October 2, 2008 11:20 AM

Jamie Sabau/Getty Images and Stephen Dunn/Getty Images With Chris Wells, left, and Terrelle Pryor in the same backfield, the Buckeyes can utilize the power running game or the spread offense.Posted by ESPN.com's Adam Rittenberg
    When Ohio State guard Jim Cordle discusses the team's new-look offense, he finds himself posing several rhetorical questions.
    Cordle is happy he's not the one who needs to find the answers.
    One of the questions came to Cordle in the second quarter of last Saturday's game against Minnesota. He had sealed off his man and caught a glimpse of Buckeyes running back Chris "Beanie" Wells hurdling Gophers safety Kyle Theret.
    "He obviously can push off that foot now," Cordle said of Wells. "And what are [defenders] going to do? Are they going to go high and he'll run 'em over or go low and he'll hurdle 'em? We obviously think he's the best running back in college football."Ohio State's offensive linemen also think highly of their new leader, freshman quarterback Terrelle Pryor, who leads the team in rushing (292 yards) and averages 6.2 yards a carry. The backfield of Wells and Pryor allows the Buckeyes to go traditional with the power run game or look to the future with the spread and the read option.
    With both players on the field at the same time, opposing defenses have to prepare for either scheme.
    "Beanie in there is the key because we can do so many different things," Cordle said. "A defense can't key on the spread necessarily, especially with the zone read now. Who are you going to key on, the quarterback or the running back? And then you still have to be prepared for a downhill running attack from Beanie Wells."
    Wisconsin defensive coordinator Dave Doeren has the daunting task of preparing for both Wells and Pryor when the 14th-ranked Buckeyes visit Camp Randall Stadium on Saturday night (ABC, 8 p.m. ET). The 18th-ranked Badgers boast a veteran defensive front seven led by end Matt Shaughnessy and linebackers DeAndre Levy and Jonathan Casillas, but like many teams, they have struggled at times against spread offenses, most recently in the second half of last Saturday's loss to Michigan.
    Until recent weeks, Saturday's matchup appeared to be a showcase for Big Ten football tradition: two teams led by big backs (Wells and Wisconsin's P.J. Hill) that advocate the power run game and strapping line play. Many of those elements will show up on the field, but Pryor's rapid rise to a starting job and Wells' return from a toe injury change the game's complexion.
    "It just scares the daylights out of you as a defensive football team," Minnesota coach Tim Brewster said. "You've got to do a great job of keeping Terrelle in the corral. You've got to keep lanes covered. He's a threat on every snap to take it the distance, and so is Wells."
    When asked this week about seeing Pryor and Wells in the same backfield, Brewster started off by saying it presented a dilemma for Ohio State to feature both players' strengths. But the Buckeyes' ability to quickly switch from traditional to progressive causes the real headaches for opposing coaches.
    "They're a power team when they're in the I," Brewster said. "They run the power play and they're a very physical football team. And then they spread the field and they become more of a finesse team, create lanes for the quarterback. They present a lot of problems."
    Ohio State entered the season with Todd Boeckman as its established quarterback, but Cordle said the offense began practicing elements of the spread in spring ball, preparing for Pryor's arrival and possible ascension. The offseason familiarity has helped the linemen with the in-season transition, but the biggest boost has come from Wells.
    Cordle and his line mates felt pretty good about their performance last Saturday (279 rush yards) before sitting down to watch the game film.
    "We didn't play as well as we could," Cordle said. "We had those yards because as long as you get Beanie to the line of scrimmage, he's going to run over guys, make guys miss, hurdle guys. He's the heart and soul of our team. When you get a guy like that out on the field with us, we play that much harder."
    After acknowledging their lack of fire in three games without Wells, particularly in a blowout loss to USC, the Buckeyes are eager to show they're a different team with a different backfield.
    "We're on [TV] at prime time at night," Cordle said, "and it gives you a chance to see, with a healthy Beanie Wells and Terrelle Pryor on top of his game, how good this team is."
    a.k.a. GSXR 750

talking about BW

"We didn't play as well as we could," Cordle said. "We had those yards because as long as you get Beanie to the line of scrimmage, he's going to run over guys, make guys miss, hurdle guys. He's the heart and soul of our team. When you get a guy like that out on the field with us, we play that much harder."

like i said, difference maker.
    a.k.a. GSXR 750

"So recent lessons show us the season is just getting started. And it's not yet over for teams like Ohio State, Florida and Georgia. In fact, it's just beginning."
    a.k.a. GSXR 750