Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 374344454647

Thread: Ohio State Buckeyes Thread

a.k.a. GSXR 750

His punishment shows the hypocrisy of sports. He should have been punished for longer.

wow.. so much for promises. Lie to everyone - play in Sugar Bowl - get what you want and leave = mission accomplished.

COLUMBUS, Ohio - The NCAA took the first five games of Terrelle Pryor's senior season. Now he's given up the rest.

The Ohio State quarterback announced through his attorney Tuesday that he would not play for the Buckeyes this upcoming season. He had already been suspended through September for breaking NCAA rules by accepting improper benefits from the owner of a tattoo parlor.

Pryor was reflective about his decision to quit the college game, said his lawyer, Larry James.

"You know how sometimes you have the weight of the world on your shoulders and then something like this takes a little bit off?' James said. "He's still only 21."

The most likely next step for Pryor would be an NFL supplemental draft.

Read more: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/...#ixzz1OhAZ5DsO
    This whole team is screwed up... all the wins from last year alone should be vacated and the Sugar Bowl trophy handed back to the BCS! USC has to do the same thing... all those wins from 2004's big year. To keep it fair the NCAA needs to really stick it to OSU just as they've done with USC and if Pryor leaves they should fine the hell out of him. Man if I was a fan of this team I'd be pretty damn pissed right now - wouldn't surprise me to see half the stadium empty this year.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/...html?tag=stack

Ohio State is vacating its wins from the 2010 football season, including its share of the Big Ten championship and the Buckeyes' victory over Arkansas in the 2011 Sugar Bowl.
    GOOD! But too little too late!! Some other team should have been playing in that Sugar Bowl game and deserved it more by not having players and a coach breaking rules.

Pryor was among the original group of players who was suspended for the first five games of this year.
    Yeah some leader.... broke all kinds of rules and LIED to EVERYONE about returning the following year to take punishment. pft.... this team makes me even more sick than it used to.

Vacating wins is a useless action. It doesn't change what happened on the field. That's why IMO Ohio State deserves to get hit much, much harder. What they offered up yesterday was really nothing of consequence.

Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    wow.. so much for promises. Lie to everyone - play in Sugar Bowl - get what you want and leave = mission accomplished.

This whole team is screwed up... all the wins from last year alone should be vacated and the Sugar Bowl trophy handed back to the BCS! USC has to do the same thing... all those wins from 2004's big year. To keep it fair the NCAA needs to really stick it to OSU just as they've done with USC and if Pryor leaves they should fine the hell out of him. Man if I was a fan of this team I'd be pretty damn pissed right now - wouldn't surprise me to see half the stadium empty this year.
    Correction. That would be the 2005 season. What they did prior to December 2004 was not vacated. Not that it really matters. The real punishment is present to future sanctions.

this post doesn't deserve a response.

a.k.a. GSXR 750

Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer View Post
    this post doesn't deserve a response.
    Are you mad? I would be... I'd be one unhappy fan right now.

of course i'm mad and very disappointed to say the least. That's not why i said your post didn't deserve a response.

Regardless of what has happened....I am an Ohio State Buckeye.
    a.k.a. GSXR 750

of course i'm mad and very disappointed to say the least. That's not why i said your post didn't deserve a response.

And clueless at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisinCain View Post
    Care to bring anything constructive to the conversation?

Are you mad? I would be... I'd be one unhappy fan right now.
    I'm going to speculate here and allow Gixxer to disagree with me if he wants, but my guess is he's like me and thinks you got no balls at all. You run off to another thread the moment anyone challenges something you say and than when people call you on your BS this is what we get. Facts are you bailed on sports discussions a long time ago and your return is to take a shot at Ohio State? That's pretty weak Sava. I know you will of course deny all of this, but the truth is you are literally the last person in the world on SG whose opinion on sports we even care to hear about. We tried numerous times to get you involved, but you couldn't take it. Unless you wish to man up and take criticisms of your own team I would suggest you go back to not being involved.

But I've pointed out a perfect example as to why Pryor isn't a Leader... one of the arguments I had before but you refused to accept it now there is sure fire proof so this is why I'm bringing up the sport and the issue with OSU right now. The coach lied, players lied... the whole team has had many issues over the last few years and many fans turned a blind eye in hopes of the next big game they could win which was the sugar bowl... and regardless what happened on the field of win or lose OSU played with players and a head coach that should have never been there which could have really turned the outcome of the game while also taking the spot of another team that may have deserved it more by following rules. I have a few teams that I'm fond of outside of VT....but when these teams have players that break rules they get punished which a few did last season for a game or two including the orange bowl.

As a fan that's cool you are sticking it out with them but I wouldn't pump any money into the program till they get their act together which we can all hope starts this year.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisinCain View Post
    If I wanted your lip, I would take it off of my zipper.
    a.k.a. GSXR 750

Dear tattoo gate players. I hope you don't ever play another down in organized football.
    a.k.a. GSXR 750

Well, it looks as though the Buckeyes have their starting QB for the next couple of years. I think their season just started last Saturday.
    a.k.a. GSXR 750