Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i bought a suv and bid on another

i bought a suv and bid on another

Supersize Current bid:US $3,550.00 Reserve not met price: US $7,500.00The seller lowered the Buy It Now price. Learn more. Get low monthly payments
    Ended:Jun-15-08 16:22:11 PDT
    Shipping:Buyer responsible for vehicle pick-up or shipping. Vehicle shipping quote is available.
    Sells to:United States, CanadaItem location:Xenia, OH, United StatesHistory:15 bids

High bidder:
    gixxer
    a.k.a. GSXR 750

View larger picture

Current bid:US $12,100.00 Reserve not met Your maximum bid:US $ Place Bid(Enter more than US $15,000.00)1 click bid
    Get low monthly payments
    End time:Jun-17-08 10:21:10 PDT (1 day 15 hours)
    Shipping:Buyer responsible for vehicle pick-up or shipping. Vehicle shipping quote is available.
    Sells to:United StatesItem location:LARRY FREY-COLUMBUS,OHIO, United StatesHistory:5 bids

High bidder:
    gixxer
    a.k.a. GSXR 750

Mustang is a nice car, great look, but it needs a diet.

Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    Mustang is a nice car, great look, but it needs a diet.
    they do need to slim it down. well i am not going over 15000 which is what i bid so i doubt i get it due to it is brand new and the sticker is 31000
    a.k.a. GSXR 750

Mustangs are nice cars, had one, but if you want a good and fast car (affordable) look for Dodge Charger SRT 8.
    They are called mustang killers.
    To be human is to choose.

It is better to die on your feet
    than to live on your knees.

- Emiliano Zapata

Quote Originally Posted by Rivas View Post
    Mustangs are nice cars, had one, but if you want a good and fast car (affordable) look for Dodge Charger SRT 8.
    Charger SRT8

0-60 - 4.8 secs
    1/4 mile - 13.2 secs
    Price - 37,000

Mustang GT

0-60 - 5.1 secs
    1/4 mile - 13.8
    Price - 27,000

Mustang Shelby GT500

0-60 - 4.5 secs
    1/4 mile - 12.2 secs
    Price - 42,000

Personally the charger underperforms for having a 6.1 liter engine IMO. I think with a few mods the Mustang GT could tie/beat the Charger SRT8 and still come in under the price.

Jen's Best Friend RoscoPColtrane's Avatar
    Whats with all the gas guzzlers? Planning on the fuel to drop? I know a guy that is considering buying up a bunch of suv's in hopes that gas will drop and he can turn a nice profit. hehheeh
    ****************************************************************************************
    Abit NF7-S 2.0, Barton 2500+ @ 2.2 Ghz, 2 Gig ddr3200, 80gig Seagate HDD, ATI x850 PRO @ 550/600, WinXP Pro

J B K M

Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl XL Champions!!!!!

Charger SRT8

0-60 - 4.8 secs
    1/4 mile - 13.2 secs
    Price - 37,000

Mustang GT

0-60 - 5.1 secs
    1/4 mile - 13.8
    Price - 27,000

Mustang Shelby GT500

0-60 - 4.5 secs
    1/4 mile - 12.2 secs
    Price - 42,000

Personally the charger underperforms for having a 6.1 liter engine IMO. I think with a few mods the Mustang GT could tie/beat the Charger SRT8 and still come in under the price.
    Take a look at mustang websites how heavily the are modified ...+ the Shelby GT500 does have supercharger already.
    The few mods are expansive anyway, exhaust, cold air intake, manifold, ceramic headers = approx 2.2k+work.To supercharge it you need quiet a few mods = 12k easy.Ask MD.

Never had a SRT8 but after reading mustang forums all of them agreed it's mustang killer and with mods it ourperforms the Shelby.
    To be human is to choose.

It is better to die on your feet
    than to live on your knees.

- Emiliano Zapata

Just go find an 05-06 Pontiac GTO, LS2 400HP, 6 Speed, WAY nicer interior than the mustang and not everyone and thier brother owns one.

Very minimal mods and its upper 12's.
    ****************************************************************************************
    Abit NF7-S 2.0, Barton 2500+ @ 2.2 Ghz, 2 Gig ddr3200, 80gig Seagate HDD, ATI x850 PRO @ 550/600, WinXP Pro

J B K M

Quote Originally Posted by RoscoPColtrane View Post
    Just go find an 05-06 Pontiac GTO, LS2 400HP, 6 Speed, WAY nicer interior than the mustang and not everyone and thier brother owns one.

Very minimal mods and its upper 12's.
    Pretty sure the G8 would be competitive in this area too, though a different type of car.

Pretty sure the G8 would be competitive in this area too, though a different type of car.
    IN a way, its not so different from the SRT8. Bad arse ride btw, saw one on the highway for the first time the other day! Frigging gas prices...

J B K M

Nice mustang!

well the guy with the suv said that he misunderstood my question of "will you still sell the suv if the reserve is not met?" he is not selling me the vehiucle for 3550, he is relisting it for 7500 on autotrader.

i have been outbid ont the mustang. i am about ot go for the gusto now because i am tired of dealing with this "land a good car fora good price" crap. they are far and few between.
    a.k.a. GSXR 750

btw, my daughter, shelby, was excited as all get out because i had bid on a "Shelby" gt. now she says i have to get a car named after her. she thought it was awesome that daddy would buy a car named after her. she is gonna be sad when i tell her i am not getting it.
    a.k.a. GSXR 750

Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer View Post
    btw, my daughter, shelby, was excited as all get out because i had bid on a "Shelby" gt. now she says i have to get a car named after her. she thought it was awesome that daddy would buy a car named after her. she is gonna be sad when i tell her i am not getting it.
    Any old ratty car - $400

This keycahin glued to it - $9

Your daughters happiness - $Priceless.

Any old ratty car - $400

This keycahin glued to it - $9

Your daughters happiness - $Priceless.
    right on.
    a.k.a. GSXR 750

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    How can it be a Mustang killer? Why would one compare the top performance option Charger..against a base/midrange model Mustang? The logical comparison would be to compare the top performance model Mustang (The GT500)..against the SRT8. Based on what YoS posted above..I don't see how it can be the "Mustang Killer" ...unless the Charger driver is staring at the rear end of the GT500 and saying "wow..killer looking taillights on that Mustang!"

The "Challenger" would be the better comparison also IMO.

And compare the base/midrange model Charger against the equally options Mustang.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Take a look at mustang websites how heavily the are modified ...+ the Shelby GT500 does have supercharger already.
    The few mods are expansive anyway, exhaust, cold air intake, manifold, ceramic headers = approx 2.2k+work.To supercharge it you need quiet a few mods = 12k easy.Ask MD.

Never had a SRT8 but after reading mustang forums all of them agreed it's mustang killer and with mods it ourperforms the Shelby.
    Yes the Shelby has a supercharger, and thats in the price, its the high end Mustang just like the SRT8 is the high end Charger. And the GT500 beats the Charger, so I dont see how its a mustang killer.

Dodge has a 6.1 liter V8 in the SRT8, and a 5.7 liter in the R/T. Ford has a 5.4 liter in the GT500 and a 4.6 in the GT, now the 5.4 is supercharged so that evens the field a bit, but the 5.7 liter Charger should be able to do much better than the 4.6 mustang.

But Dodge seems to have trouble making a powerful 5.7 liter engine. Modern 5.7 liter HEMI - 340 hp, 390 lbs torque, GM got 405 hp and 400 lbs of torque out of theirs.

I think Ford does very well with what it uses, and I still think you could make a Mustang GT as fast as a Charger SRT8 for under 10 grand more. I could be wrong about that, but either way it hangs with the R/T and the GT500 seems to pass the SRT8.

'Vette C6 Z06 eats all cars mentioned in this thread.