Thread: Mgs4

Jen's Best Friend RoscoPColtrane's Avatar

Mgs4

I've been saying for quite a while that MGS4 would be the 1 game that made me buy a PS3. It has and this game is AMAZING!! Anyone with a PS3 go buy it NOW, anyone without consider buying the PS3!

The PS3 itself is still iffy in my book. The interface is screwy, and the amount of time it took to actually play the game was mindblowing. I had to do the initial setup (5-10) minutes. Troubleshoot my sound issues (optical out with HDMI video), setup the network (who the flip programmed this thing?
    !) update the OS (slow slow slow), install the OS (oh my god here we go again) and then finally boot the game....wrong!! Had to install the game (8 minutes) before playing.

And why does it give me teh option to setup a PS1/2 memory card if i cant' play the games on the 40 gig?! tease much?

PS Network needs to get on teh ball with the downloads. I think 360 has more downloads each month than this thing has total. XBox LIVE FTW!!
    ****************************************************************************************
    Abit NF7-S 2.0, Barton 2500+ @ 2.2 Ghz, 2 Gig ddr3200, 80gig Seagate HDD, ATI x850 PRO @ 550/600, WinXP Pro

J B K M

Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl XL Champions!!!!!

404 Sanity Not Found PsykoPenguin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This is another game I like to watch people play. I never had any interest in playing the MGS series but I absolutely loved watching people play it. Quite funny to watch with some people because they become really scared and end up panicking which is always fun to watch.
    "I'm like a lion on the prowl after prey"

I heard rumors that theres insane amounts or lengthy cut scenes to watch. True?

404 Sanity Not Found PsykoPenguin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    Yep, like all MGS, there's lots of cutscenes, it's very movie like.
    "I'm like a lion on the prowl after prey"

Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    The rumors of stuff like 90-minute cutscenes are simply untrue.

It's more like a 20 minute cutscene, followed by ten minutes of gameplay, followed by another 70 minute cutscene.

It's almost as if the entire game is designed as food for the Metal Gear fanboy trough.

And I ate up every bloody minute of it.

Jen's Best Friend RoscoPColtrane's Avatar
    The cut scenes are pretty lengthy at times. most of them are AMAZING thought.

This game engine absolutely NEEDS to be used in a remake of MGS1.

I just finished part 2 and this game is nothign short of amazing. I would say best single player game ive played since RE5 on gamecube. WOW

It doesn't really have the whole "games will NEVER be the same" feeling that MGS1 had but i doubt anything ever will, that game was a benchmark and definatly changed the future of games forever.
    ****************************************************************************************
    Abit NF7-S 2.0, Barton 2500+ @ 2.2 Ghz, 2 Gig ddr3200, 80gig Seagate HDD, ATI x850 PRO @ 550/600, WinXP Pro

J B K M

Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl XL Champions!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    The rumors of stuff like 90-minute cutscenes are simply untrue.

It's more like a 20 minute cutscene, followed by ten minutes of gameplay, followed by another 70 minute cutscene.

It's almost as if the entire game is designed as food for the Metal Gear fanboy trough.

And I ate up every bloody minute of it.
    Good to know, I'd hate it

Best game on the PS3 so far, love it.