Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: so if the baby lives....

Jen's Best Friend RoscoPColtrane's Avatar

so if the baby lives....

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,363434,00.html

so if the baby survives it's a baby? But if it doesn't its just a fetus and can be tossed out in the trash....

This 'mother' is a piece of filth...
    ****************************************************************************************
    Abit NF7-S 2.0, Barton 2500+ @ 2.2 Ghz, 2 Gig ddr3200, 80gig Seagate HDD, ATI x850 PRO @ 550/600, WinXP Pro

J B K M

Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl XL Champions!!!!!

What are you talking about? Her first baby died of kidney disease, her second had serious probs and has only one kidney. WHen she got pregnant again she was tested and was told that the third would have serious disease too. She couldn't take losing another child to disease (and probably also didn't want to see it suffer), so she had an abortion, even though she said it was a horrible thing to have to decide. Amazingly, the abortion didn't actually kill the baby, she found out she was still pregnant, and that they found out the baby's disease wasn't that serious ("it was likely to survive"), so she decided to keep it, thinking it must be meant to be. How does any of that make her a "piece of filth"?
    There is security in fearlessness.

Well, if fear of bringing in another child with that disease is her issue, she should have had her tubes cut and tied.

It is common knowledge and common sense that the "pill" does not prevent pregnancy in all women.

I know plenty of women who got preggers while on that dam pill.

Quote Originally Posted by RoscoPColtrane View Post
    This 'mother' is a piece of filth...
    I think based on past kids shes had she did what she felt was best. I can certainly understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by 9mmprincess View Post
    What are you talking about? Her first baby died of kidney disease, her second had serious probs and has only one kidney. WHen she got pregnant again she was tested and was told that the third would have serious disease too. She couldn't take losing another child to disease (and probably also didn't want to see it suffer), so she had an abortion, even though she said it was a horrible thing to have to decide. Amazingly, the abortion didn't actually kill the baby, she found out she was still pregnant, and that they found out the baby's disease wasn't that serious ("it was likely to survive"), so she decided to keep it, thinking it must be meant to be. How does any of that make her a "piece of filth"?

Because she is supposed to have the exact same thoughts and feelings on abortion as Roscoe and because she doesn't......well....you get the idea.

Thread should have been titled 'My anti-abortion rant'

the baby was born and does in fact have kidney damage and may need a transplant later in life.

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie View Post
    Well, if fear of bringing in another child with that disease is her issue, she should have had her tubes cut and tied.
    How charitable.

It is common knowledge and common sense that the "pill" does not prevent pregnancy in all women.

It's also "common knowledge" that the pill has prevented pregnancy in millions of women. You can't fault her for being one of a small minority of women who got pregnant even though she was using birth control

Yeah,

"I'm afraid my kid is going to be sick and possibly die, becuase one of my two kids did. So I'll just jump the ball and kill it first so i can feel better..."

Sounds like a great mother....

Abortion is murder, nothing more.
    ****************************************************************************************
    Abit NF7-S 2.0, Barton 2500+ @ 2.2 Ghz, 2 Gig ddr3200, 80gig Seagate HDD, ATI x850 PRO @ 550/600, WinXP Pro

J B K M

Not according to the law. Have a nice day!

Quote Originally Posted by Izzo View Post
    Not according to the law. Have a nice day!
    LOL

J B K M

Yeah,

"I'm afraid my kid is going to be sick and possibly die, becuase one of my two kids did. So I'll just jump the ball and kill it first so i can feel better..."

Oh.. you're one of those. Nevermind.

Oh.. you're one of those. Nevermind
    One of those what?

People who think that babies should have a chance at life? Yup 100% correct, thats me!

J B K M

Alright, well it was nice posting in yer thread. Cya.

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

I disagree with this. Either way it still boils down to her choice of what to do with her body. She still retains the right to attempt to reproduce no matter what.

One of those what?

People who think that babies should have a chance at life? Yup 100% correct, thats me!
    No, one of those who is so dogmatic you won't even consider certain circumstances as being an "exception" to the rule. Nobody LIKES abortion. Nobody schedules an abortion for FUN, and women who have them don't exit the clinic saying "Man, I'm so relieved I can drink Cosmos again". Whether you beleive a normal healthy woman should be able to have an abortion is one thing - I believe they should have the choice - but you apparently believe that a woman doesn't have the right to make that choice even if the baby's life is going to be utterly miserable. Do you care about the quality of life at all? Or is all that matters to you is that a biological entity is breathing and has a heartbeat? Would you like to live your short life in an incubator and then die slowly and painfully? Does it matter to you at all that this woman has already been through more hell than most of us ever will? I find your attitude toward her incredibly selfish. When I say "one of those", I mean you're one who refuses to take anything into consideration, to the point where you look like a fanatic. And fanaticism never got anyone anywhere.

How charitable.

It's also "common knowledge" that the pill has prevented pregnancy in millions of women. You can't fault her for being one of a small minority of women who got pregnant even though she was using birth control
    That is just the way I feel. If I was afraid of bringing a diseased child into the world, I would not rely on just one method of contraception. I don't give a dam how many people the pill has worked for. It does not work 100% and until that method becomes 100% effective, I would also use other options to prevent pregnancy. That is just the way I feel about it and no one can change my opinion.

Yeah,

It does sound like a great mother. One who was able to put her emotions aside and think about it. I imagine it must be a very tough decision for a mother to make.

If her intent was never to have children again due to past history then IMO she should have gotten her tubes tied/cut like Debbie suggested. Does she have the right not to? Yeah she sure does, but frankly I wonder why even deal with the percentages however low they may be if your only decision would be to abort the baby if/when a preganancy happened.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    I think it's a tough call. The "birth control"...and the "decision to abort", are two separate things IMO.

She took "reasonable precaution" in preventing further pregnancy. But regardless of the pill, or condoms, or tubes tied, or whatever...it boils down to the fact that the decision to abort was based on the fact that the child was diagnosed with having the kidney issue...much like her prior two.

Having consistent problematic pregnancies is brutal on a female (and the father often shares some of this grief also).

A lot of times there is "hope"...in getting pregnant with a healthy child. To doom oneself by writing off the hope of healthy child after failing at the first 2...is too early to tell IMO.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!