Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time Warner Launches Bandwidth-Capped Internet Plan

Time Warner Launches Bandwidth-Capped Internet Plan

link

On Thursday, Time Warner Cable will begin testing a new pricing plan that caps bandwidth usage. Kevin Leddy, Time Warner Cable's executive vice president, said the plan will be launched as a trial in Beaumont, Texas, and will consist of several tiers. The first tier, at $29.95 monthly, will be a relatively slow 768 kilobits per second with a 5GB monthly cap, while a plan at $54.90 per month will offer 15 megabits per second and a 40GB cap
    Both downloads and uploads count toward the monthly total

40gb for 50 bucks isnt @$&* with everyone offering streaming video.playing games on line cpu games/xbox live ect... program updates. the public will never go for it
    i think people will leave them for dsl unlimited like crazy i know i would drop them in a heart beat.
    i know it says only new customers but for how long
    Last edited by horsemen_; 06-03-08 at 06:22 PM.

Opps, disregard, we have the packages, but not the caps.
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces people into thinking they can't lose. -Bill Gates

Ya lame, at least the comcast invisible cap is quite high.

ya i dont know how much data is sent up and down when playing a game on line but i know after a couple hrs 2-3 times a week and norm web useage that 40gb will be gone

I'm not quite done downloading the Library of Congress so I hope it's a while before they get to me.

Lots of people ut there that look at the weather channel, do some light browsing and check email. The 30 buck a month plan would suit them fine and it's pretty cheap.
    Tao_Jones Cult Member since 2004
    I gave Miss Manners a Dirty Sanchez, and she LIKED it.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Quote Originally Posted by horsemen_ View Post
    ya i dont know how much data is sent up and down when playing a game on line but i know after a couple hrs 2-3 times a week and norm web useage that 40gb will be gone
    4x computers in my house...2x of which are used like crazy....TONS of online gaming, (the boy has BF2, COD, and CS going probably at least..quite literally..12+ hours a day, on the weekends probably 20 hours per day) and then there's myself with my morning and evening gaming (BF2). Add to that XBox traffic. 3rd computer doing lots of surfing, me adding VPN and RDP traffic to clients and file transfers to clients.....my PFSense box reports (and it's very accurate) only 30.49 gigs (combined up 'n down) last month.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    4x computers in my house...2x of which are used like crazy....TONS of online gaming, (the boy has BF2, COD, and CS going probably at least..quite literally..12+ hours a day, on the weekends probably 20 hours per day) and then there's myself with my morning and evening gaming (BF2). Add to that XBox traffic. 3rd computer doing lots of surfing, me adding VPN and RDP traffic to clients and file transfers to clients.....my PFSense box reports (and it's very accurate) only 30.49 gigs (combined up 'n down) last month.
    downloading my css server config and maps and then uploading to a new server (admittedly not an every month thing) is 1.5GB

Bad News! I downloaded 40 gigs last weekend alone <Lou Costello> Im a baaddd boy</Lou Costello>
    She's presenting like a mandrill!

Quote Originally Posted by OSULLY View Post
    I'm not quite done downloading the Library of Congress so I hope it's a while before they get to me.

Quote Originally Posted by OSULLY View Post
    I didn't know they had "pop-up" books.

*edit*

Do they? I mean congress people don't actually read words to they? Not read and comprehend that is......
    People will forget what you said... and people will forget what you did... but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Logistickkkaly, you can only offer so fast internet round eye.

Kill bird/rat cintrol

thats some hurting plan 40 gb is nothing.

I pay 50$ i get 100gb per month 1mb up and 10 down

smoke about 3 - 4 gigs a day

plus whatever gaming and surfing you tube streaming news etc takes.

I was going to post a link to that thread, but the SG search results for "bullsh|t" were too numerous

sometimes you have to think outside the box to get inside the box .

Quote Originally Posted by horsemen_ View Post
    link

On Thursday, Time Warner Cable will begin testing a new pricing plan that caps bandwidth usage. Kevin Leddy, Time Warner Cable's executive vice president, said the plan will be launched as a trial in Beaumont, Texas, and will consist of several tiers. The first tier, at $29.95 monthly, will be a relatively slow 768 kilobits per second with a 5GB monthly cap, while a plan at $54.90 per month will offer 15 megabits per second and a 40GB cap
    Both downloads and uploads count toward the monthly total

40gb for 50 bucks isnt @$&* with everyone offering streaming video.playing games on line cpu games/xbox live ect... program updates. the public will never go for it
    i think people will leave them for dsl unlimited like crazy i know i would drop them in a heart beat.
    i know it says only new customers but for how long

It's justr a Zero, or a One.

Ball back in your court?, is Jesus a fake, or faith?

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Haggis View Post
    It's justr a Zero, or a One.

Ball back in your court?, is Jesus a fake, or faith?
    Going for the anti-god spam now? Interesting choice, please try personal attacks on the moderators next so your stay here will be even shorter.

years from now fiber optics will replace cable internet, capless and speed is the future.

My~Rig
    |Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Toledo 2.0GHz @ 2.5Ghz||ASROCK 939Dual-SATA2||OCZ Platinum 2GB (2 x 1GB) PC3200|ZALMAN 120MM CNPS7700-CU|
    |ATI XT 1600 PRO|CSB SB0570 Audigy SE 7.1||WD SE16 SATA 320GB HD|Hitachi SATA 160GB HD|Thermaltake TR2 W0070 ATX 430W Power Supply |WIN 7 Ultimate| (College Budget)

Quote Originally Posted by tHE_0ne View Post
    years from now fiber optics will replace cable internet, capless and speed is the future.
    Careful, AT&T would be happy to offer fiber with small caps and slow speeds.

Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    Careful, AT&T would be happy to offer fiber with small caps and slow speeds.
    verizon ftw

My~Rig
    |Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Toledo 2.0GHz @ 2.5Ghz||ASROCK 939Dual-SATA2||OCZ Platinum 2GB (2 x 1GB) PC3200|ZALMAN 120MM CNPS7700-CU|
    |ATI XT 1600 PRO|CSB SB0570 Audigy SE 7.1||WD SE16 SATA 320GB HD|Hitachi SATA 160GB HD|Thermaltake TR2 W0070 ATX 430W Power Supply |WIN 7 Ultimate| (College Budget)

I'm happy I have RR Business. Also a 40GB cap is retarded. :P
    Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.6GHz on Water | 8GB DDR2 | 2x 74GB Raptor RAID0 | 250GB Storage | P5E | 2900XT @ 850 Core | DVD-RW | 2x 24" Widescreen LCD | Saitek Eclipse | Logitech G5