Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Went to the Drive-In movie theater last night...

Blog Entries

Went to the Drive-In movie theater last night...

First time in about 25 years that I had gone to a drive-in. Went and saw a double feature of Indiana Jones and Narnia: Prince Caspian. Weather was nice and cool, had some friends there with us, and had a really good time.

I think we'll hit the drive-in some more this summer now that I've re-discovered the fun in going
    ------
    “The most beautiful thing we can experience in life is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: for his eyes are closed.” - Albert Einstein

Sounds like fun

What was your take on the Indiana Jones flick?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Humboldt View Post
    Sounds like fun

What was your take on the Indiana Jones flick?
    It was good, but in some aspects a little disappointing; only insomuch as it was so hyped that no matter what there was no way it was going to live up to the hype. I like how they took actual real archaeological findings and wove it into the story, such as the skull, and the nazca lines in Peru, but the story itself got a little far fetched. And I understand that, because it was stated that George Lucas wanted to go with a 50's B-movie feel to this episode of Indiana Jones.

As far as movies go, it was a good, fun movie to watch, and I'd probably rate it above Temple of Doom, but not above Raiders or Last Crusade.
    ------
    “The most beautiful thing we can experience in life is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: for his eyes are closed.” - Albert Einstein

Love the drive in.. but haven't been to one in years, might have to make a trip very soon!

That's awesome man. I miss going to those. How was Narnia?

Did you get lucky?

Quote Originally Posted by downhill View Post
    Did you get lucky?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    That's awesome man. I miss going to those. How was Narnia?
    Narnia was good, but to be honest, I dozed for about 15 minutes towards the middle. Not because of the movie, but because I had been up since 5 am and it was around 1 am and I was pretty worn out from work. Overall, I think Narnia was really good, maybe a little better than the first Narnia.
    ------

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    Narnia was good, but to be honest, I dozed for about 15 minutes towards the middle. Not because of the movie, but because I had been up since 5 am and it was around 1 am and I was pretty worn out from work. Overall, I think Narnia was really good, maybe a little better than the first Narnia.
    Hey that's cool. I really enjoyed the first one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    Hey that's cool. I really enjoyed the first one.
    Yeah, if you liked the first, you'll definitely like the second. Especially the mice
    ------

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by downhill View Post
    Did you get lucky?
    Kinda hard to get lucky with the daughter sitting right next to us
    ------

Yeah, if you liked the first, you'll definitely like the second. Especially the mice
    That's cool.

drive-ins are a dying breed. ashame. i think ohio and cali have the most of any states.
    a.k.a. GSXR 750

Kinda hard to get lucky with the daughter sitting right next to us

depending on her age, you could send her to the concession stand and get a quicky in. although i am sure all of yours are quickies.
    a.k.a. GSXR 750

I saw the Indy movie last Thursday. I liked it. Had not been to the movies in a while. Note...Does the sound of a machine gun have to be that loud???Compared to the rest of the movie soundtrack?, almost annoying.

Don't get me wrong, sound is half the movie. But if your going to crank up those ten seconds of a 2 hour movie, why not crank up the music soundtrack as well???

Anyway, good movie.

Drive-ins are awesome, good to hear the 2nd Narnia is a little better, the first one felt slow and in some parts rushed.

This is one pastime I do miss. Lots of fun at the Drive In. No more though..
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces people into thinking they can't lose. -Bill Gates

Quote Originally Posted by blebs99 View Post
    This is one pastime I do miss. Lots of fun at the Drive In. No more though..
    have all the ones around canton been closed? i am lucky and have one less than 5 miles from me. then there are about 2-3 within 30 mins.
    a.k.a. GSXR 750

Mississauga, Ontario , Canada. Behaviour : Good
    I was thinking of going to a drive in with my lady friend. Now, I've never been to one so I need some advice to get the best action opportunities.

If we both sat in the front seat, it'd be hard to reach over but it'll be easier to watch the movie. If we both sat in the back seat, it'll be easy to reach over but can't really see the screen from there.

What do you folks recommend? Ohh.. now I see why people get a convertable....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal View Post
    I was thinking of going to a drive in with my lady friend. Now, I've never been to one so I need some advice to get the best action opportunities.

If we both sat in the front seat, it'd be hard to reach over but it'll be easier to watch the movie. If we both sat in the back seat, it'll be easy to reach over but can't really see the screen from there.

What do you folks recommend? Ohh.. now I see why people get a convertable....
    We just took some lawn chairs, popped open the hatchback (we backed in) and watched the movie that way. We even brought a little wicker table to set our drinks and bug candle on
    ------