Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Thread: Evan Almighty

  1. #1
    Second Most EVIL YARDofSTUF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    70,003

    Evan Almighty

    Just saw it on HBO

    It wasn't as good as Bruce Almighty, but still pretty funny.

    Morgan Freeman does a great job in both as the role of god.

  2. #2
    NYC Newbie Slayer Prey521's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Humble, Tx
    Posts
    34,934
    It was a pretty funny movie. Steve's no Jim, but he still played the part well.

  3. #3
    Moderator Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    30,761
    Yeah pretty good movie.

  4. #4
    Certified SG Addict CableDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    26,790
    Will check it out.

  5. #5
    Ohh Hell yeah.. Sava700's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    24,051
    Steve Carell's new movie Get Smart looks really funny as well.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    Steve Carell's new movie Get Smart looks really funny as well.
    Ugh...that means it's going to uber suck.

  7. #7
    Elite Member Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    13,231
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzo View Post
    Ugh...that means it's going to uber suck.
    Two words for you: Peter Segal.

    The man is more miss (Nutty Professor 2) than hit (Tommy Boy), but I'm willing to give this one a chance before I declare it bunk.

    Disclaimer: Alan Arkin will raise any movie's standing by a few points in my book.

  8. #8
    Ohh Hell yeah.. Sava700's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    24,051
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzo View Post
    Ugh...that means it's going to uber suck.
    What does that mean? Your saying this cause I think it will be a good movie?
    Pretty much baiting if thats the case..

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    What does that mean? Your saying this cause I think it will be a good movie?
    Pretty much baiting if thats the case..
    No, it means I think your taste in movies sucks and if I expect the opposite I'm usually quite pleased.

  10. #10
    Second Most EVIL YARDofSTUF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    70,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    Pretty much baiting if thats the case..


    You is crazy sometimes.

  11. #11
    Ohh Hell yeah.. Sava700's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    24,051
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzo View Post
    No, it means I think your taste in movies sucks and if I expect the opposite I'm usually quite pleased.
    really? So you think your man enough to judge me?

    Why don't you give it a rest and put your ego on the back burner for a change.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    really? So you think your man enough to judge me?

    Why don't you give it a rest and put your ego on the back burner for a change.
    lol wut?

  13. #13
    Second Most EVIL YARDofSTUF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    70,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    really? So you think your man enough to judge me?

    Why don't you give it a rest and put your ego on the back burner for a change.
    Have you considered taking classes on how to understand the english language in written form?



    -You say the movie will be great.

    -Izzo sees this, and knowing your taste in movies then concludes its nto a movie for him.

    - You then see Izzo's reply to that fact as baiting, even though its just a plain statement from Izzo that he feels he won't like the movie.

    -Izzo then explains the fact that his taste in movies is basically opposite yours.

    -You then claim to me judged by him.



    WTF is wrong with you?

  14. #14
    Moderator Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    30,761
    Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    Have you considered taking classes on how to understand the english language in written form?



    -You say the movie will be great.

    -Izzo sees this, and knowing your taste in movies then concludes its nto a movie for him.

    - You then see Izzo's reply to that fact as baiting, even though its just a plain statement from Izzo that he feels he won't like the movie.

    -Izzo then explains the fact that his taste in movies is basically opposite yours.

    -You then claim to me judged by him.



    WTF is wrong with you?
    Not quite that simple man. In truth Sava made a remark and based on that remark Izzo claimed it would suck. It's all about the wording and it's safe to say Izzo's could have been a little better.

  15. #15
    Second Most EVIL YARDofSTUF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    70,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    Not quite that simple man. In truth Sava made a remark and based on that remark Izzo claimed it would suck. It's all about the wording and it's safe to say Izzo's could have been a little better.
    Yes sava made a remark, a remark about how good the movie will be, and continue on rereading the "-" points I made, it all fits. Surely a lot better than baiting does.



  16. #16
    Moderator Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    30,761
    Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    Yes sava made a remark, a remark about how good the movie will be, and continue on rereading the "-" points I made, it all fits. Surely a lot better than baiting does.


    No matter how you spin it Sava has a point that when someone comes into a thread and sole response is that he will avoid a movie because another person on the boards says it looks good. That is a remark that could be seen as baiting.

    Again it's all about how it is presented and however you choose to view it the facts are that it was a statement that naturally is going to make someone defensive.

  17. #17
    Certified SG Addict CableDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    26,790
    Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    Steve Carell's new movie Get Smart looks really funny as well.
    Anne Hathaway.

  18. #18
    Second Most EVIL YARDofSTUF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    70,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    No matter how you spin it Sava has a point that when someone comes into a thread and sole response is that he will avoid a movie because another person on the boards says it looks good. That is a remark that could be seen as baiting.

    Again it's all about how it is presented and however you choose to view it the facts are that it was a statement that naturally is going to make someone defensive.
    I'm not "spinning" anything, and it is completely NOT baiting. I'll agree a statement like that could make a person defensive fairly easy though.

  19. #19
    Moderator Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    30,761
    Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    I'm not "spinning" anything,
    Spinning wasn't a good choice of words to use on my part.

  20. #20
    Magically Delicious! Meggie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    9,887
    I saw it for the first time last weekend, i thought it was great!
    Quote Originally Posted by brembo
    "This is a stick-up...I have an armadillo in my pants"

Similar Threads

  1. May Bill Almighty help you!!!
    By trogers in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-30-07, 06:07 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •