Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Indiana Jones

Quote Originally Posted by CableDude View Post
    Be sure to report back.
    Great movie!! The only thing I didn't care for was the amount of CGI they used vs on location and sets like the other 3... I'd put this one along side of Temple of Doom....if they wouldn't have done the amount of CGI they did it would have been awesome and surpassed the 3rd film.

Saw this yesterday. I enjoyed the movie, good pacing and typical polished delivery from a solid cast. That Shia kid didn't bother me too much either.

I went to a Carmike Theatre, and WOW did the new projection equipment really make the picture sing. I'm a display snob, and I'll toot my own horn here and say that I can spot a mis-calibrated display pretty quickly and also spot quality. The DLP projector the theatre was/is using looked downright amazing. Sound was good too, I'm used to crazy good sound from my own HT setup and normally public theatre sound drives me crazy. The Carmike theatre was good....wait no it was great. Bit steep at 7 bucks for matinee, but to see something on the really big screen it was worth it. For whatever reason Iron Man is not showing there, which is a shame, as I'd cough up the 9 bucks to see it again on such good equipment.
    Tao_Jones Cult Member since 2004
    I gave Miss Manners a Dirty Sanchez, and she LIKED it.

Quote Originally Posted by brembo View Post
    I went to a Carmike Theatre, and WOW did the new projection equipment really make the picture sing.
    Same place I saw it... I have to drive 50miles to get to it though but its well worth the drive vs the local place here still in 2.1 sound

DLP with THX mastered Sound and stadium seating is great!

Only cost me 7$ since I hit the mid day showing...which is IMO still too high compared to a year or so ago when it was 5.50$

Jen's Best Friend RoscoPColtrane's Avatar
    I was impressed. THought that they did a good job and were respectful to the rest of the series! I would put it 3rd on my list of favorite Indy movies (all of which are better than 90% of the other action movies out there!)

Last Cruisade (Henry Jones Sr, FTW!!! )

Raiders

Crystal Skull

Temple of Doom

Harrison Ford looked pretty danged good (consider his age people) and really got in great shape for this film. They didn't have him do TOO much crazy stuff that was un believable. Great popcorn action adventure that i wish they would return to making. There was some CGI but i enjoyed the attempt at real stunts! Down with Super Hero movies. Bringing back more INDY!
    ****************************************************************************************
    Abit NF7-S 2.0, Barton 2500+ @ 2.2 Ghz, 2 Gig ddr3200, 80gig Seagate HDD, ATI x850 PRO @ 550/600, WinXP Pro

J B K M

Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl XL Champions!!!!!

Saw this yesterday. I enjoyed the movie, good pacing and typical polished delivery from a solid cast. That Shia kid didn't bother me too much either.

I went to a Carmike Theatre, and WOW did the new projection equipment really make the picture sing. I'm a display snob, and I'll toot my own horn here and say that I can spot a mis-calibrated display pretty quickly and also spot quality. The DLP projector the theatre was/is using looked downright amazing. Sound was good too, I'm used to crazy good sound from my own HT setup and normally public theatre sound drives me crazy. The Carmike theatre was good....wait no it was great. Bit steep at 7 bucks for matinee, but to see something on the really big screen it was worth it. For whatever reason Iron Man is not showing there, which is a shame, as I'd cough up the 9 bucks to see it again on such good equipment.
    Remind me to never ever see a movie with you because if you started talking crazy about the tech at the movie, I'd be forced to ventilate you...and if that meant using my super sized $6 Big Gulp straw to get the job done....then so be it. Trust me, you wouldn't be able to find enough Mike & Ike's fast enough to plug all the holes.

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    Same place I saw it... I have to drive 50miles to get to it though but its well worth the drive vs the local place here still in 2.1 sound

DLP with THX mastered Sound and stadium seating is great!

Only cost me 7$ since I hit the mid day showing...which is IMO still too high compared to a year or so ago when it was 5.50$
    I believe that you 2 were more impressed by the venue than the movie!
    Damn, no theatres in Hickville, eh? Yall watch the traffic signals change colors on Saturday nights?... Yall got indoor plumbing yet?

Quote Originally Posted by UOD View Post
    Remind me to never ever see a movie with you because if you started talking crazy about the tech at the movie, I'd be forced to ventilate you...and if that meant using my super sized $6 Big Gulp straw to get the job done....then so be it. Trust me, you wouldn't be able to find enough Mike & Ike's fast enough to plug all the holes.

Aren't you in a mood?

When the screen came on I was like "whoa, good picture" and watched the advertisements like the other zombies. Then, when the previews started, the splash screen was "DLP Digital...blah blah blah" and I was like "oh, new stuff, explains the great picture". Not like I was up in the projection booth pestering the tech.

When I saw Iron Man, the movie had lines thru it, some places where spots popped up on the film and generally just horrid picture quality for a newer movie.
    Tao_Jones Cult Member since 2004
    I gave Miss Manners a Dirty Sanchez, and she LIKED it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    I believe that you 2 were more impressed by the venue than the movie!
    Damn, no theatres in Hickville, eh? Yall watch the traffic signals change colors on Saturday nights?... Yall got indoor plumbing yet?
    hmm no we don't have theaters here, yes all 3 change colors and indoor plumbing is here but its piped from the spring house and pushed by Gravity.

Jen's Best Friend RoscoPColtrane's Avatar
    Aren't you in a mood?

When the screen came on I was like "whoa, good picture" and watched the advertisements like the other zombies. Then, when the previews started, the splash screen was "DLP Digital...blah blah blah" and I was like "oh, new stuff, explains the great picture". Not like I was up in the projection booth pestering the tech.

When I saw Iron Man, the movie had lines thru it, some places where spots popped up on the film and generally just horrid picture quality for a newer movie.
    I saw Iron Man on a new DLP setup. It was fantastic looking. I even mentioned it a few times to my buddy who was sitting next to me. If someone has a problem with that i invite them to attack me w/ a straw!

Recently every time i went to a movie i was kinda questioning the 10 dollar ticket, as i have a 50 in dlp at home, and my quality blows it away. Not for Iron Man, it reminded me what a GOOD theatre should be!

Went to the local for Indy. It had noise, and the sound crackled a few times during the booms. Woulda been better at home on BluRay!
    ****************************************************************************************
    Abit NF7-S 2.0, Barton 2500+ @ 2.2 Ghz, 2 Gig ddr3200, 80gig Seagate HDD, ATI x850 PRO @ 550/600, WinXP Pro

J B K M

Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl XL Champions!!!!!