Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Indiana Jones

Thumbs up Indiana Jones

Got tix to see the 7pm showing this evening. Looking forward to it.

no spoiling damnit!!! Not going to be able to watch it till saturday!

Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    no spoiling damnit!!! Not going to be able to watch it till saturday!
    Hey guess what?! There is a scene where ....

spoil spoil spoil spoil

Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    Hey guess what?! There is a scene where ....

spoil spoil spoil spoil

http://members.speedguide.net/sava700/suspectedinfrac.jpg
    Wow I forgot all about that pic!

IMO Indiana Jones will be a complete and total creative flop!!!

Notice that I said the film will be a creative flop. I'm sure the film will make lots of money and Lucas and Spielberg will be laughing all the way to the bank knowing that once again they've suckered the bleating masses into shelling out their hard-earned cash on formulaic, mediocre ****! But the film will flop hard once people realize that that after all the hype and anticipation, Lucas has once again raped their childhood memories in favor of becoming even more insanely rich without having to make a film that's even remotely creative or unique, or that can stimulate the synapses of anyone above a fifth-grade intelligence.

Lucas has only three decent films under his belt:

Star Wars (no Part IV)
    The Empire Strikes Back (the best film of the series which, ironically, Lucas had the least amount of creative input)
    Raiders of the Lost Ark (no Indiana Jones and.....tripe in the title)

Everything else that Lucas has touched since 1981 has been a train wreck of epic proportions. He raped Return of the Jedi and started a downward spiral of creative ineptitude that would destroy the Star Wars franchise with the horrible prequel films. He toned down the grittiness of Raiders with the two lame Indiana follow-ups, and turned them into safe and boring family fare while committing unforgivable character assassinations on pre-established characters (i.e. Sallah and Marcus Brody). And let's not forget his other cinematic achievements like Howard The Duck or Tucker, films so bad that anyone born after 1985 has never heard of them.

Then there's Spielberg, once a great film maker who produced several of the best movies of the 20th Century, but as he got older his talent quickly faded away until we were left with two lackluster Indiana Jones films, a godawful Jurassic Park sequel, and over a dozen or so films that could have been great but creatively fell apart about halfway through (AI, Minority Report, Saving Private Ryan, etc.) Spielberg hasn't had a major hit blockbuster since the first Jurassic Park in 1994. And while moments of that film neared true greatness, Spielberg's overly sentimental tendencies towards childlike behavior kicked in to destroy what could have been the edgiest thriller since Jaws.

Face it folks, Lucas and Spielberg are washed-up has-beens who have forgotten what good storytelling is all about. And for this latest outting Lucas turned down a script from Frank Darabount, arguably one of the best script writers in recent years, to go with safe and watered-down drivel from resident hack Jeffrey Boam who wouldn't know a good script if it bit him on the ass.

And for the final nail in the coffin, there's Harrison Ford himself who hasn't starred in a decent movie (let alone a good one) in over twenty years!!! He's way too old to play Indy, and judging from the trailers looks death warmed over. He looks lifeless, and obviously doesn't care about anything other than collecting his paycheck before going home to diddle his post-pubescent anorexic girlfriend. Other than his recent cameo in the Jimmy Kimmel "I'm ****ing Ben Affleck" parody, can anyone name a single movie that Ford has starred in in the past ten years? I didn't think so.

Like Star Trek XI, the new Indy film should never have been made. The franchise was dead, and the only reason it's been resurrected is so that jaded old men can cash in on another payday without having to lift a creative finger.
    "Would you mind not standing on my chest, my hats on fire." - The Doctor

no. no, No. NO, NO... NO! stevebakh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post

Notice that I said the film will be a creative flop. I'm sure the film will make lots of money and Lucas and Spielberg will be laughing all the way to the bank knowing that once again they've suckered the bleating masses into shelling out their hard-earned cash on formulaic, mediocre ****! But the film will flop hard once people realize that that after all the hype and anticipation, Lucas has once again raped their childhood memories in favor of becoming even more insanely rich without having to make a film that's even remotely creative or unique, or that can stimulate the synapses of anyone above a fifth-grade intelligence.

Star Wars (no Part IV)
    The Empire Strikes Back (the best film of the series which, ironically, Lucas had the least amount of creative input)

Everything else that Lucas has touched since 1981 has been a train wreck of epic proportions. He raped Return of the Jedi and started a downward spiral of creative ineptitude that would destroy the Star Wars franchise with the horrible prequel films. He toned down the grittiness of Raiders with the two lame Indiana follow-ups, and turned them into safe and boring family fare while committing unforgivable character assassinations on pre-established characters (i.e. Sallah and Marcus Brody). And let's not forget his other cinematic achievements like Howard The Duck or Tucker, films so bad that anyone born after 1985 has never heard of them.

Then there's Spielberg, once a great film maker who produced several of the best movies of the 20th Century, but as he got older his talent quickly faded away until we were left with two lackluster Indiana Jones films, a godawful Jurassic Park sequel, and over a dozen or so films that could have been great but creatively fell apart about halfway through (AI, Minority Report, Saving Private Ryan, etc.) Spielberg hasn't had a major hit blockbuster since the first Jurassic Park in 1994. And while moments of that film neared true greatness, Spielberg's overly sentimental tendencies towards childlike behavior kicked in to destroy what could have been the edgiest thriller since Jaws.

Face it folks, Lucas and Spielberg are washed-up has-beens who have forgotten what good storytelling is all about. And for this latest outting Lucas turned down a script from Frank Darabount, arguably one of the best script writers in recent years, to go with safe and watered-down drivel from resident hack Jeffrey Boam who wouldn't know a good script if it bit him on the ass.

And for the final nail in the coffin, there's Harrison Ford himself who hasn't starred in a decent movie (let alone a good one) in over twenty years!!! He's way too old to play Indy, and judging from the trailers looks death warmed over. He looks lifeless, and obviously doesn't care about anything other than collecting his paycheck before going home to diddle his post-pubescent anorexic girlfriend. Other than his recent cameo in the Jimmy Kimmel "I'm ****ing Ben Affleck" parody, can anyone name a single movie that Ford has starred in in the past ten years? I didn't think so.

Like Star Trek XI, the new Indy film should never have been made. The franchise was dead, and the only reason it's been resurrected is so that jaded old men can cash in on another payday without having to lift a creative finger.
    Somehow, I don't think Spielberg, Ford or Lucas are lacking in money. With that said, most of what you state is purely subjective and with the severity and tone of your opinion, one would expect you to have at least seen the film you're lambasting. But no. You haven't.

With that said, I saw the movie last night and whilst it was entertaining, it just didn't feel right. It wasn't the kind of story I ever expected an Indy movie to follow (you don't even get a hint of this in the trailer). Even the level of realism (or massive lack thereof) seemed a lot different than how I remember the old Indy movies, which I can admit, I haven't seen in a long time. I think the very beginning of the movie sets the tone for the level of realism in this movie - not that there should be a lot of realism, as it's an Indy movie, but still! Sigh, it was fun to watch, but eghhh, see for yourself and you'll understand what I mean.

How was saving private ryan not an amazing movie brent? God youre dumb sometimes dude. Throw in some lasers or something and you would have been all over it.

Fail

Fail
    No you fail, you have horrible taste in movies.

I think it's safe to say at this point unless you have seen the movie no one knows for sure if it sucks or not.

Fail
    Notice I said creative flop
    "Would you mind not standing on my chest, my hats on fire." - The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    No you fail, you have horrible taste in movies.
    This will be a GREAT movie regardless of the lame reviews... so..fail

No one knows how great it will be until they see it.

10 CLS
    20 GOTO post 11
    30 LOOP

no. no, No. NO, NO... NO! stevebakh's Avatar
    I actually find this review quite accurate: http://edition.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/...ef=mpstoryview

it was ok.
    got old

Star Wars (no Part IV)

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Star Wars (no Part IV)

Brent, shouldn't you put other peoples' words in quotes?...as in, I don't think you wrote this.