Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gun Thread (pro gun thread. all you anti gun people get yer own thread!)

Gun Thread (pro gun thread. all you anti gun people get yer own thread!)

OK. So I like to shoot my guns. I like the sound, the feel of the recoil, the smell of the burnt gun powder (smells like.....victory), heck I even like cleaning my guns. Haven't heard them talked about much on here, which is sort of understandable on a computer-speed related forum, so I thought I'd start this thread.

Favorite rifle I own: Tie between my AR-15 and my Weatherby 300 WBY Magnum. The AR is tons of fun to shoot, and the ammo is cheap, but the 300 is a cannon and really let's you know you're shooting something big, but the ammo is about $2.50 per shot.

Rifle I want most: Steyr Aug. Very interesting looking rifle with the action and magazine behind the trigger instead of in front of as in most (this configuration is called bullpup and is available on other brands too). Also very high quality, lightweight and dependable, though very expensive so I'll probably never buy one.

Favorite Pistol I own: Ruger P90 .45 cal. Very dependable, accurate, easy to clean and maintain, tons of fun to shoot, and Ruger provides excellent customer support.

Pistol I want most: Probably some variety of Glock. High capacity 9mm most likely with accessory rail for adding light/laser/etc...Also Crimson Trace makes a grip you can buy with a built in laser, very well intigrated into shape of grip, won't get bumped around and knocked out of adjustment like a laser that mounts to the trigger guard could.

OK guys and gals, your turn.
    >>> Insert funny sig here <<<

If you don't want any discussion....I can lock it for you if you wish.

I have several guns. No pistol. I had a Colt Peacemaker, 38-40 caliber a while back and sold it to my brother and a Ruger 9mm I kept around the house for a while and sold. I decided I didn't need a handgun.

I have a pink squirt gun.
    People will forget what you said... and people will forget what you did... but people will never forget how you made them feel.

No guns at all. I have no need for them.

Quote Originally Posted by MadDoctor View Post
    I have a pink squirt gun that shoots blanks.
    Fixed...

Yes. I have been fixed. My wife made me do it.
    People will forget what you said... and people will forget what you did... but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Quote Originally Posted by downhill View Post
    Fixed...

They call it a "Starter pistol"

Whoops...race is over already? /MDs wife mumbles...
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    On subject of topic....I grew up with them. My dad was into pistol competitions...he was competitive in the indoor range.

My neighbor...growing up...had an absolutely massive collection...he was bigtime into hunting. Spent a lot of time at the local gun club between my dad and neighbor.

A friend of mine in high school was big into guns also..customizing them...was into collecting military guns..spent quite a bit of time on an AR-15.

When I was in the police reserve....I had the dept issues stainless S&W 5906. (stainless steel because the town was on the salt water shore..corrosive salty air)

Most memorable pistol I ever shot....380 automag. Wow what a cannon in your hand...left more of an impression on me than a 44 mag.

Most memorable rifle shot... M-1 Garand.

Growing up..we used to get customize kits for the popular Ruger 10-22 rifle that almost every boy has growing up. Once a buddy of mine came across some kit to make it a full auto. He had the carbine mod on it..big banana kit..that thing was a blast. Jammed often though..but once in a while you could empty the entire banana clip in one pull.

Those black powder kits were fun too...we made quite a few of those...pistols, rifles, a fun one was some .50 or .55 cal Kentucky Rifle kit. Man...fill the backyard with smoke blasting that one off.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Best target: can of condensed cream of mushroom soup with a 357 magnum hollow point.

Quote Originally Posted by downhill View Post
    If you don't want any discussion....I can lock it for you if you wish.
    I never said I didn't want any discussion, so no thanks, you don't need to lock it. I just wanted a thread for people on here who like to shoot, but not a 2nd amendment debate. Looking back, perhaps I could have worded my subject line differently.

I have lots of rifles/pistols.

My fave of the bunch is a Winchester M52 Sniper Trainer. It's a 15 pound bolt action .22 with Redfield Olympic peep sights. It's cheap(to shoot), quiet and accurate. Like same hole accurate all day long, it shows all your mistakes, no blaming equipment with this rifle. Also since it's a single shot bolt action (no magazine) you are forced to practice ALL the steps in getting a shot lined up every time. It's a great rig, adjustable overpull and trigger pull, set to a few ounces right now.
    Last edited by brembo; 05-18-08 at 01:21 PM.
    Tao_Jones Cult Member since 2004
    I gave Miss Manners a Dirty Sanchez, and she LIKED it.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzo View Post
    No guns at all. I have no need for them.
    Hehe. Part of my problem is that I really only need 1 rifle, to deer hunt with, but all the other guns are guns I want, and those 'wants' start to add up $$ after a while. Some people don't understand the attraction to guns, some just feel that they are useless other then to kill people (which I have NO desire to do), and others just simply aren't interested in guns. Which is cool, to each his own. I just really enjoy the challenge of accurately lobbing a chunk of lead/copper a hundred yards or two down range and seeing how close I can get to that bullseye. I've never entered a competition, mainly because there just aren't many (if any) competetions around here, but also because the thought of competing for accuracy never intrigued me.

Quote Originally Posted by brembo View Post
    adjustible .
    spel chek
    a.k.a. GSXR 750

Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer View Post
    spel chek

oops

guns are cool mkay.
    a.k.a. GSXR 750

oops
    happens
    a.k.a. GSXR 750

My fave of the bunch is a Winchester M52 Sniper Trainer. It's a 15 pound bolt action .22 with Redfield Olympic peep sights. It's cheap(to shoot), quiet and accurate. Like same hole accurate all day long, it shows all your mistakes, no blaming equipment with this rifle. Also since it's a single shot bolt action (no magazine) you are forced to practice ALL the steps in getting a shot lined up every time. It's a great rig, adjustable overpull and trigger pull, set to a few ounces right now.
    15lb?!? That's a beast! Got any pics? Did it come from Winchester with the adjustable trigger, or was that an add-on?

Quote Originally Posted by JAFO View Post
    15lb?!? That's a beast! Got any pics? Did it come from Winchester with the adjustable trigger, or was that an add-on?

No pics right now. Yeah, it's factory trigger pull stuff. The action is actually called "micro-motion" and is jeweled, rubies as bearings here and there. It was a great find in a pawn shop. I spotted it and pretty much bought it right then and there. It's also a rare bird in that the action often gets ripped out and put on high-end sniper rigs, the givernemnt only had so many made for training and the civvy model never sold well due to price.

i have shot several weapons and there is no other feeling that compares.

i have a nice scar on my forehead from a 44 mag.
    a.k.a. GSXR 750

No pics right now. Yeah, it's factory trigger pull stuff. The action is actually called "micro-motion" and is jeweled, rubies as bearings here and there. It was a great find in a pawn shop. I spotted it and pretty much bought it right then and there. It's also a rare bird in that the action often gets ripped out and put on high-end sniper rigs, the givernemnt only had so many made for training and the civvy model never sold well due to price.

Man I would love to see some pics if you ever get the chance. I've been googling it since I read your first post, but all I can find are the civilian models, and they just look like a regular bolt action .22.