View Poll Results: Does (TFU) The Force Unleashed interest you?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, buying it!

1 20.00%
  • Yes, but only renting now!

1 20.00%
  • No!

2 40.00%
  • Not Sure!

1 20.00%

Thread: No 'Force Unleashed' Multiplayer on PS3/360

No 'Force Unleashed' Multiplayer on PS3/360

While the Wii version will have an awesome multiplayer duel mode, the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions won't be getting any multiplayer component.

LucasArts' official statement on the matter:

"To be specific, there's no multiplayer in the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions, because there is on the Wii, PSP, and DS. As far as specific reasons are concerned, we don't really like to get into the reasons why we don't do things because I don't think there's really a satisfactory answer that people would really be happy with. So, there isn't multiplayer and that's kind of how it is..."

Wait... what?

You aren't putting multiplayer on the two consoles with the best online multiplayer services because you're putting multiplayer on 3 platforms that are at the bottom of the multiplayer barrel?

You just got downgraded to rental, Force Unleashed.

Destructoid: LucasArts says no Force Unleashed PS3/360 multiplayer, I practice my Force choke

**EVERYTHING we know and don't know about TFU, read for information about TFU
    http://forums.lucasarts.com/thread.j...31269&tstart=0

That's quite a bummer, cause I dislike most of the online play for wii and psp n ds r just sad IMO, but other than that it does still seem badass.

Jen's Best Friend RoscoPColtrane's Avatar
    Only thing i can think of is the Physics engine for the PS3/360 game couldn't handle the multiplayer. Too many enemies and whatnot. From what i have read the PS3/360 game will be quite a bit different from the Wii and handhelds. The Wii will get the nice remote/lightsaber thign going on though!!!

I love a good single player star wars game and will be ALL over this one if the ratings are at or higher than 8/10. Lower than that and i may hold off till it drops in price.
    ****************************************************************************************
    Abit NF7-S 2.0, Barton 2500+ @ 2.2 Ghz, 2 Gig ddr3200, 80gig Seagate HDD, ATI x850 PRO @ 550/600, WinXP Pro

J B K M

Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl XL Champions!!!!!

404 Sanity Not Found PsykoPenguin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    No Multiplayer no buy. I'm a person for multiplayer, this was the game I was looking forward to playing multiplayer on. Apparently that'll never be satisfied so meh, less money for them.
    "I'm like a lion on the prowl after prey"

If you are only buying multiplayer games you are missing alot of quality gaming.
    ****************************************************************************************
    Abit NF7-S 2.0, Barton 2500+ @ 2.2 Ghz, 2 Gig ddr3200, 80gig Seagate HDD, ATI x850 PRO @ 550/600, WinXP Pro

J B K M

Quote Originally Posted by RoscoPColtrane View Post
    If you are only buying multiplayer games you are missing alot of quality gaming.
    /signed

Quote Originally Posted by penguincomrade View Post
    No Multiplayer no buy. I'm a person for multiplayer, this was the game I was looking forward to playing multiplayer on. Apparently that'll never be satisfied so meh, less money for them.
    i'm the same way. i get bored very quickly w/ single player games. the only recent exception was portal.

404 Sanity Not Found PsykoPenguin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Everyone uses that argument. To me, I'm not missing out on anything, I play a single player game and well I tend to get bored of it quickly, very few single player games, let alone multiplayer, games actually catch my attention for very long. KOTOR were my exceptions and Portal but I always wanted those to be multiplayer as well because I figured it'd be 3x as much fun if it were multiplayer.

It's been the same throughout my life, always hated single player unless it was co-op and I had someone to play it with. This was even BEFORE "Online Multiplayer" for consoles, I just liked to play purely multiplayer.

That's not to say that multiplayer games are any better, it's just the same throughout really, you got some really boring games and some really fun ones, to me I've always wanted a KOTOR like Star Wars game that was multiplayer in the sense of co-op.
    "I'm like a lion on the prowl after prey"

Whatever works for you i guess!!

Back to my single player MGS4!!

J B K M

Only thing i can think of is the Physics engine for the PS3/360 game couldn't handle the multiplayer. Too many enemies and whatnot. From what i have read the PS3/360 game will be quite a bit different from the Wii and handhelds. The Wii will get the nice remote/lightsaber thign going on though!!!

I love a good single player star wars game and will be ALL over this one if the ratings are at or higher than 8/10. Lower than that and i may hold off till it drops in price.
    Do you think if enough time was invested in the development of the PS3 version, the multiplayer feature could be achieved by virtue of the PS3's extra horsepower?

Last edited by triniwasp; 06-19-08 at 01:45 AM.
    Feelings about religion: I believe in a dogma-free personal Prime Mover.