Thread: Hi I M New And I Have Problem Pls Help Me

Hi I M New And I Have Problem Pls Help Me

I M NEW HERE AND I M FORM PAKISTAN I M IN PROBLEM MY PROBLEM IS THAT I HAVE CABLE NET AND I HAVE TO PC's I WANT TO CONNECT BOTH PC's BUT I CAN'T BECAUSE I HAVE CABLE NET WITH ISA FIREWALL AND WORKGROUP SETTING AND MY SERVICE PROVIDER GIVE ACCOUNT LIKE USER NAME AND PASSWORD WITH THIS I CAN'T CONNECT MY INTERNET AND ONLY IN 1 ACCOUNT ACCESS 1 PC NOT MORE THAN 1 SO PLS TELL ME HOW I CONNECT MY ANOTHER PC BUT I TELL YOU I THING ALSO I HAVE 2 LAN CARD IN 1 PC ANOTHER HAVE 1 LAN CARD PLS LET ME OUT FROM THIS PROBLEM AND SEE THIS IMAGE 4 A GUIDE LINE AND SORRY 4 A BAD ENGLISH

You can get a router connected to the modem, and then connect up to 4 computers to the router to share the internet line.

But the more computers you connect, the slower each will be as they share the line.
    "Contentment is not the fulfillment of what you want, but is the realisation of how much you already have" - anon

but i told you my service provider give account to access the internet with account i can't connect and they also give some restrictions like 1 account can access 1 PC only but i want to connect more than 1

Quote Originally Posted by ali1 View Post
    but i told you my service provider give account to access the internet with account i can't connect and they also give some restrictions like 1 account can access 1 PC only but i want to connect more than 1
    Do you need to log into the internet with a username and password? If yes, you have DSL internet.

Post your TCP Analyzer report.

When you setup the router, you enter the username and password into the router and it will always dialup the connection automatically. To your ISP, only one device is connected to the line. The router will then create a Local Area Network (LAN) of one or more cmputers connected to it.
    Last edited by trogers; 05-03-08 at 10:32 PM.
    "Contentment is not the fulfillment of what you want, but is the realisation of how much you already have" - anon

ok so tell me how i do Local Area Networking

BUT FIRST I TELL YOU 1 THING

i did that tutorial
    http://www.astahost.com/info.php/tut...ng_t14018.html
    but not working for me because i have a restriction 1 time 1 account access 1 pc only thats why

BUT FIRST I TELL YOU 1 THING

i did that tutorial
    http://www.astahost.com/info.php/tut...ng_t14018.html
    but not working for me because i have a restriction 1 time 1 account access 1 pc only thats why
    Wiring up one PC like this means you have to turn on the primary PC in order that the 2nd PC can connect. Save on cost of a router but wasting comp hardware and electricity.

A router should not cost you more than US$50 and it also provides you a hardware firewall from its NAT operation.

so you sure i used my 2nd pc with the help of router if i buy it and give me tutorial about it how i can connect it and i m very thankful to you replying

so you sure i used my 2nd pc with the help of router if i buy it and give me tutorial about it how i can connect it and i m very thankful to you replying
    There would be a user manual and installation guide in the CD that comes with the router.

You may have to buy a modem and router in one unit to replace the modem given to you by your ISP. Check with the shop, giving them your ISP's name and the brand and model of your present modem.

For more info, see this: http://compnetworking.about.com/od/h...rconfigure.htm