Thread: ubuntu and ping

ubuntu and ping

now please, i dont want opinions about vista and linux, i just want to know if anyone has tested Vista and ubuntu to see which one has a better average ping? and if so can i have a link? or post the results? thanks.
    512MB 8800 GTS|AMD athlon 6000 X2|4GB OCZ platinum 800|700W OCZ gamexstream|gigabyte MA770|modded coolermaster mystique|250GB barracuda|razer diamondback| vista 64 HP

Better average ping to what server?
    Ping times are determined by many factors, mostly determined by the connection quality, i.e. the routers & isp connection along the route to the host.
    No one has any right to force data on you
    and command you to believe it or else.
    If it is not true for you, it isn't true.

LRH

not specific, just in general, can't you dual boot with ubuntu and vista, then on ubuntu play CS on the same server, then do the same on vista, compare which is higher.
    512MB 8800 GTS|AMD athlon 6000 X2|4GB OCZ platinum 800|700W OCZ gamexstream|gigabyte MA770|modded coolermaster mystique|250GB barracuda|razer diamondback| vista 64 HP

Quote Originally Posted by Brave_heart View Post
    not specific, just in general, can't you dual boot with ubuntu and vista, then on ubuntu play CS on the same server, then do the same on vista, compare which is higher.
    They would basically be the same.

really? ok.