Thread: Bandwidth speed test shows high speed than my actaul download speed.

Question Bandwidth speed test shows high speed than my actaul download speed.

Hi guys,i m new to downloading world.i m frm india and i m using SIFY BROADBAND with 512 kbps connection.usually i get 5 -25 kbps while downloading the torrents.is dat speed ok?I tried tcp optimizer but it didnt work much for me.i still get da fluctuating speed.I tested my bandwidth speed test.I m using D -link adapter.but da speed it tests is so high compare to my downloading speed .sometimes it shows max download speed of 130kbps.i was told dat my official transfer rate wont exeed the 30 kbps limit , and even i found that true.guys help me out to find out my exact downloading speed.waiting for reply...

I still cannot find any website in India that test speed. Which website in India do you test speed at?
    "Contentment is not the fulfillment of what you want, but is the realisation of how much you already have" - anon

Quote Originally Posted by trogers View Post
    I still cannot find any website in India that test speed. Which website in India do you test speed at?
    Hi Trogers.thanks for da reply.Is dat u r pet?really very cute .Is its name Trogers?i m really shocked to know dat thr is no website dat carries speed test in india.I used BANDWITDTH SPEED METER PRO,to test my bandwidth speed.did i make some mistake?

Waiting for u r reply...
    timer.

Togers NEed u r help...

Hi trogers,need u r help.r u registered on torrentleech.org? if u r ,bro, will u plz kindly invite me .i m really noob in torrent world...

timer

my eamil id :vj_jamnik@yahoo.com

timer

You probably misunderstood how speed can be measured. In downloads, file transfer speed shown in the browser or in a torrent program is measured in kilobytes per second (KB/s).

A speed meter measuring connection speed and the speed advertised by an ISP is in kilobits per second (kbps or kb/s).

1 KB = 8 kb

If your want to tweak your settings, post a TCP Analyzer report. The link to it is on the bottom left of our main web page.
    "Contentment is not the fulfillment of what you want, but is the realisation of how much you already have" - anon

some serivces providers are not good. Because while purchasing they inform one downloading capacity & later on they changed. When i try to open my ie gets closed. So i check the internet speed test fron http://www.ip-details.com/ which is working very fast & its free to check the details. After check that i consult with the service providers now its working good