Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28

Thread: UFC Fight Night

  1. #1
    Second Most EVIL YARDofSTUF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    69,983

    UFC Fight Night

    Houston Alexander is running into some trouble his last couple fights. lol

  2. #2
    Chinese Vampire tHE_0ne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Williamsburg/Norfolk VA
    Posts
    5,871
    sweet i totally forgot about it!

    My~Rig
    |Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Toledo 2.0GHz @ 2.5Ghz||ASROCK 939Dual-SATA2||OCZ Platinum 2GB (2 x 1GB) PC3200|ZALMAN 120MM CNPS7700-CU|
    |ATI XT 1600 PRO|CSB SB0570 Audigy SE 7.1||WD SE16 SATA 320GB HD|Hitachi SATA 160GB HD|Thermaltake TR2 W0070 ATX 430W Power Supply |WIN 7 Ultimate| (College Budget)

  3. #3
    IROC-Z Man CoolJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Buffalo,NY
    Posts
    6,825
    He was out, and if were to go longer, he just would have got smashed even more. Same thing with Karo.
    ** Speed 3370(down)/425(up) kbps **
    My IROC-Z28

  4. #4
    Second Most EVIL YARDofSTUF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    69,983
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolJ View Post
    He was out, and if were to go longer, he just would have got smashed even more. Same thing with Karo.
    I think Karo might have been able to survive it if the fight continued.

  5. #5
    SG Enthusiast *cho*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    3,409
    Karo I can understand being pissed off cause he didn't look as out as Houston was. However Karo crumpled and did not intelligently defend himself so I agree with the ref.

    Karo is the kinda guy that it gets hard to cheer for. He comes across as an arrogant prick a lot of the time and when he looses he always whines and complains.

    All in all the UFN was pretty damn good. Have they announced who got sub of the night, fight of the night and knock out of the night?

    Nate Diaz better get sub of the night
    The dude who knocked out Houston should get KOTN for that 8 second KO, if not him then the guy who plastered Tommy Speer against the cage.
    Fight of the Night...I dunno...I think Nate and Kurt was the most entertaining fight.
    "There is a big difference between breaking the law and having a law designed to break you. We will not be broken." -- Jinny Simms

    "On the street everything is legal! I don't believe in an eye for an eye, I believe in 2 eyes for an eye." -- Bas Rutten

  6. #6
    Junior Member MadDoctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Looks dark
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by *cho* View Post
    Karo comes across as an arrogant prick a lot of the time and when he looses he always whines and complains.
    People will forget what you said... and people will forget what you did... but people will never forget how you made them feel.

  7. #7
    SG Enthusiast *cho*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    3,409
    FOTN - Kenflo & JLau
    KOTN - Irvin
    SOTN - Diaz
    "There is a big difference between breaking the law and having a law designed to break you. We will not be broken." -- Jinny Simms

    "On the street everything is legal! I don't believe in an eye for an eye, I believe in 2 eyes for an eye." -- Bas Rutten

  8. #8
    Second Most EVIL YARDofSTUF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    69,983
    Quote Originally Posted by *cho* View Post
    FOTN - Kenflo & JLau
    KOTN - Irvin
    SOTN - Diaz
    I can't argue that.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Gixxer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9,471
    so who won the fights? i was working and did not get to see.
    a.k.a. GSXR 750

  10. #10
    Second Most EVIL YARDofSTUF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    69,983
    Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer View Post
    so who won the fights? i was working and did not get to see.
    http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=even...tCard&eid=1072

    They always post the results.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Gixxer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9,471
    James Irvin Wins by Technical Knock Out at 0:08 in the 1st round .

    a.k.a. GSXR 750

  12. #12
    Second Most EVIL YARDofSTUF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    69,983
    Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer View Post
    James Irvin Wins by Technical Knock Out at 0:08 in the 1st round .

    Yeah, another loss or 2 and Houston Alexander is done.

  13. #13
    Senior Member Gixxer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9,471
    Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    Yeah, another loss or 2 and Houston Alexander is done.
    i would say that if anybody loses in under 10 secs they should be done period.
    a.k.a. GSXR 750

  14. #14
    Second Most EVIL YARDofSTUF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    69,983
    Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer View Post
    i would say that if anybody loses in under 10 secs they should be done period.
    But if the same knockout punch comes 2 minutes in, instead, then they shoud get a 2nd chance? lol

  15. #15
    Senior Member Gixxer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9,471
    Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    But if the same knockout punch comes 2 minutes in, instead, then they shoud get a 2nd chance? lol
    i am not talking about how he was knocked out. i am talking about how he did not last over 10 seconds. half of thaT TIME SHOULD BE THE WALK TO THE CENTER AND HANDSHAKE
    a.k.a. GSXR 750

  16. #16
    Second Most EVIL YARDofSTUF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    69,983
    Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer View Post
    i am not talking about how he was knocked out. i am talking about how he did not last over 10 seconds. half of thaT TIME SHOULD BE THE WALK TO THE CENTER AND HANDSHAKE
    Odd time to start the caps lol

    It was 1 puncha nd he was down and another and he was out basically, doesnt matter how long into the fight it was.

  17. #17
    Senior Member Gixxer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9,471
    Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    Odd time to start the caps lol

    It was 1 puncha nd he was down and another and he was out basically, doesnt matter how long into the fight it was.
    did not mean to hit the caps, but i did notice it when i was done typing, just did not go back and fix. 1 punch or not, 8 secs is bs and he should be pulled
    a.k.a. GSXR 750

  18. #18
    Second Most EVIL YARDofSTUF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    69,983
    Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer View Post
    1 punch or not, 8 secs is bs and he should be pulled
    I see no way to justify that, unless you want to discredit every 1 punch knockout in boxing/kick boxing/mma.

    It doesn't matter what time during the round the punch comes in at, if its a knockout punch, its a knockout punch.

  19. #19
    Senior Member Gixxer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9,471
    Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    I see no way to justify that, unless you want to discredit every 1 punch knockout in boxing/kick boxing/mma.

    It doesn't matter what time during the round the punch comes in at, if its a knockout punch, its a knockout punch.
    i see your point but i also see mine
    a.k.a. GSXR 750

  20. #20
    Second Most EVIL YARDofSTUF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    69,983
    Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer View Post
    i see your point but i also see mine
    Yeah, so elaborate for me. Also if it makes any difference there want any real touch of gloves, it was FIGHT! and they were on.

Similar Threads

  1. Anderson Silva vs. Dan Henderson UFC fight
    By Comtrad in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-03-08, 04:19 PM
  2. Very, Very Slow Internet Connection at Night
    By Chauboy in forum Broadband Tweaks Help
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-13-07, 10:13 PM
  3. UFC fans! :(
    By CoolJ in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-13-07, 01:08 AM
  4. I had such a great night last night
    By fastchevy in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-12-05, 02:46 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •