Thread: RWIN doesn't change under Win XP SP2

RWIN doesn't change under Win XP SP2

Hi guys...i'm new to this forum. Days ago i formatted my hard drive and then i set rwin using tcp optimizer and everything was fine...then i installed cfosspeed and unchecked the "change tcp window". After the installation i rebooted and the rwin was the one i changed before...no problem till now.
    Yesterday i started the analyzer and i noticed my rwin was set to 32768 and no matter which software i use (tcp optimizer - cablenut ecc) this value won't change. So i though it was cfosspeed limiting it and i uninstalled but the problem was not solved.
    If i check the values in the register they're all right (remains the same i changed with the software) but when i start analyzer it says always 32768 rwin.
    What is the problem?

Thanks

Edit: TTL and MSS-MTU will change normally but only rwin is stuck. And i'm running XP SP2, not Vista

Edit2: I tried backing up windows default settings but it's the same thing...
    Last edited by Dime333; 03-20-08 at 07:59 AM.

Remove Cfos Speed and clean your Registry with Ccleaner.

Reboot and check RWIN with TCP Analyzer
    Firefox Extreme Speed Edition

What makes you: "...waking up in the morning so excited about & wanna FLY out of the door ?"

Quote Originally Posted by Rollingstone View Post
    Remove Cfos Speed and clean your Registry with Ccleaner.

Reboot and check RWIN with TCP Analyzer
    And run WinSockFix to reset to Windows Default.
    "Contentment is not the fulfillment of what you want, but is the realisation of how much you already have" - anon

I did everything you said...nothing has changed

Download Cablenut http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/N...CableNut.shtml and enter value for DefaultReceiveWindow to overwrite your RWIN.
    Firefox Extreme Speed Edition

What makes you: "...waking up in the morning so excited about & wanna FLY out of the door ?"

I found out kaspersky is blocking me from changing rwin...if i disable it i can chenge rwin normally...now i only have to find out which option has to be disabled. So it has nothing to do with cfosspeed.

Edit: Everything except "File Anti-Virus" and "Proactive Defence" blocks my rwin to 32768...suggestions?
    Last edited by Dime333; 03-21-08 at 06:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dime333 View Post
    I found out kaspersky is blocking me from changing rwin...if i disable it i can chenge rwin normally...now i only have to find out which option has to be disabled. So it has nothing to do with cfosspeed.

Edit: Everything except "File Anti-Virus" and "Proactive Defence" blocks my rwin to 32768...suggestions?
    Check Kaspersky's website and see if they have any fix for this problem.
    "Contentment is not the fulfillment of what you want, but is the realisation of how much you already have" - anon

I got it working disabling port 8080 from being used by mail anti-virus, web anti-virus, privacy control etc.
    I have italian kaspersky so the options may be named differently from what i translate.
    Anyway to disable this port go under configuration-traffic monitoring-port configurations and uncheck "Http general 8080".

Thank you for this info! I've been stuck manually changing my rwin value in the registry, yet every test still showed it as the default value. I also use Kaspersky, and unchecking Port 8080 worked like a charm.

Thanks again for sharing your solution.