Thread: Any past Insight customers?

Any past Insight customers?

Looks like Comcast trying to screw people again in some way... I feel sorry for the insight people..I went through hell when they took over from my old Adelphia setup for about 2years. Then they raised my prices up but time because they can.

Comcast Greets Former Insight Customers With Rate Hike

Insight Communications in January transferred half of their customer base to Comcast after the two companies unwound a longstanding partnership. Many of those customers are now being welcomed to the Comcast family in the form of 6% cable TV rate hikes. One Springfield, Illinois paper gets Comcact to admit the price hikes had nothing to do with more expensive programming; they simply raised rates because they could:
    Cable networks are individually paid for their programming, and those rising costs traditionally have been the cause of higher cable-TV rates. (Since 2003, the price of Insight/Comcast’s Expanded Basic service has risen almost 60 percent.) However, Stehn said increased costs are not a factor this year. "Comcast periodically reviews prices and adjusts them to reflect what’s in the marketplace," Stehn said.
    Judging from local comments to the news story, DirecTV and Dish Network might be getting some new customers soon. If we recall correctly, AT&T doesn't offer U-Verse yet in Springfield but it's supposedly on their radar. Meanwhile, Insight's remaining customers are starting to see 20Mbps service launches.
    source

Comcast just raised the rate for cable tv all over I think. Ours went up 4 bucks last month.

Call Comcast and tell them you're cancelling your service....when they ask why (they'll sound shocked also) tell them it's because you're too damn expensive and not worth what you're paying. They'll continue to act shocked when you tell them you've found a better, cheaper option with a 6 month promotional price of xx.xx. Depending on you approach it ...9/10 times they'll give their promotional offer again for the next 6 months. Rinse and repeat 6 months later. It's worked like a charm for me with DirectTV, Comcast and Time Warner for several years.
    Offensive

Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    Comcast just raised the rate for cable tv all over I think. Ours went up 4 bucks last month.
    The thing that is of concern is a few customers that I know said they would get "grandfathered" in on the prices for the 10meg down 1 meg up package they have for as long as they had comcast. But just as they did this with us from the old Adelphia systems they said that and within a year they raised everyone up in speeds and then said they had to charge what they charged everyone else and that the speeds we were grandfathered in were no longer available.

Although I'm very happy with them now this is after 2 years of hell when they took over.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzo View Post
    Call Comcast and tell them you're cancelling your service....when they ask why (they'll sound shocked also) tell them it's because you're too damn expensive and not worth what you're paying. They'll continue to act shocked when you tell them you've found a better, cheaper option with a 6 month promotional price of xx.xx. Depending on you approach it ...9/10 times they'll give their promotional offer again for the next 6 months. Rinse and repeat 6 months later. It's worked like a charm for me with DirectTV, Comcast and Time Warner for several years.
    yeah I've been doing that with Comcast since they took over while getting my service fixed correctly. I think I paid them maybe for 2months full last year alone. I tried to do this with Dish Network saying i was going to leave and go with DirectTV but it wasn't working.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzo View Post
    My grandmother canceled and they didnt care one one bit. She switched to ATT Uverse IPTV which is like 15 bucks cheaper for her. I'd like to switch but ATT's net packages suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    The thing that is of concern is a few customers that I know said they would get "grandfathered" in on the prices for the 10meg down 1 meg up package they have for as long as they had comcast. But just as they did this with us from the old Adelphia systems they said that and within a year they raised everyone up in speeds and then said they had to charge what they charged everyone else and that the speeds we were grandfathered in were no longer available.

Although I'm very happy with them now this is after 2 years of hell when they took over.
    Happens everywhere in time, though comcast is quick about doing that.

Cable rates go up just like everything else. Anyone see the price of corn liquor lately yet you don't hear many folks bitching about that and their BASIC smokes going up. Former Insight customers would have gotten their annual increase already, but with COMCAST taking over it comes a bit later. Yeah it sucks, but it's not like electricity or gas where you HAVE to have it. The problem is that people see it as a utility and not an elective.

Am I biased? Yep seeing as though Comcast provides a pretty good living for me and my family. I pay zero for internet and cable TV, $14.95 for full phone service and about $20 for 2 dual tuner DVRs. On the other hand I also know the costs for operating have gone up also and maybe more than this year's increases? Business is business and who in their right mind isn't out to make a profit. Public companies either perform or die.

I am way more concerned about the price of food , water and life's necessities going up.
    USMC RETIRED

Steve

Tacoma Guitar Forum

I have Insight as of now....not much to complain about, they are the only cable company here..
    “"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."”

Bruce Lee

I have this for free so I'm O.K. with it.

USMC RETIRED

Steve

Tacoma Guitar Forum