Thread: CS Help!

CS Help!

Hey Guyz!
    Im a TOTAL CS freak, just like many of you are!
    Anyways, I've been having this weird and annoying problem with my CS.
    When I open CS up, and go into a server, everything works fine. Around 10 to 15 minutes later, my computer just completely shuts down.
    I use sXe Injected version 3.9, I use CS v1.6 and I have a Windows XP Laptop.
    This does not happen when I'm not playing CS, as the computer runs until I turn it off!
    I really need help on this topic. Any help, advice, tips, recommendations, etc., are welcome and much Appriciated!
    Thanks a bunch guyz!
    Umair

Computer just shutting down often means its over heating.. what do the system logs say?

What do you mean by system logs? Can you like show me the map thing like
    C:\Program files, you know that thing?
    It just starts up normally like it always does!
    Sorry, dont know alotta tecnical terms :P

Quote Originally Posted by Umair Sharif View Post
    What do you mean by system logs? Can you like show me the map thing like
    C:\Program files, you know that thing?
    It just starts up normally like it always does!
    Sorry, dont know alotta tecnical terms :P
    Right click on MyComputer.. select Manage then Event View, check System and other logs there.

Yeah, so I did that. Now this has been happening for like the past week now. So........which log and how do you want me to present them to you?

tell ya what... becareful..but feel around after it shuts down and see if stuff is like too hot to touch..if so then yea its getting to hot.

Then take the side off while your playing and sit a box fan infront of it for a while and see if that helps. If so then it is indeed overheating.

Okay thanks, I'll do that. But what do you mean take the side off? I have a laptop!
    And what do I do to fix this problem of overheating?

Okay thanks, I'll do that. But what do you mean take the side off? I have a laptop!
    And what do I do to fix this problem of overheating?
    ohh laptop! dur! I must have missed that. Look to see if the fans are moving.. Is it a Dell laptop as they have onboard diagnostics to test the fans to make sure they are operating properly. Could be dust build up which you may want to get a can of compressed air and spray it out.

Nopes man, I have a toshiba lappy! Do you know how I can run the diagnostics on a Toshiba?

Nopes man, I have a toshiba lappy! Do you know how I can run the diagnostics on a Toshiba?
    I don't think Toshiba's have them built in..but I've seen many here lately go through my hands having similar issues.

Over heating or HDD going bad.

well there is usually a cooling pad under the graphic card that might be all gone..so your computer is over heating. you need to get a new pad, you can also do a quick test after it shuts down feel the bottom part of your laptop is it is really hot, you know what that means.

as for the logs, this is idiot proof...

click START
    then click RUN
    and put this in the text box eventvwr.exe
    and hit enter

check your system log and application log.

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: DCOM
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 10010
    Date: 2/29/2008
    Time: 11:11:59 PM
    User: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE
    Computer: AKUH-4BE7BB90CC
    Description:
    The server {73E709EA-5D93-4B2E-BBB0-99B7938DA9E4} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Hey listen, I dont think Its a problem with my CS, now that I've realized!:P

And do I check near the exhaust fans or something??

so it isn't getting hot or maybe?

try updating to the latest version..the website says it fixes some odd closing error. i'm a bit confused though, the website says it's anticheat but all kinds of videos show it as a wallhack -- which is it? if it's the later then

Quote Originally Posted by Amro View Post
    try updating to the latest version..the website says it fixes some odd closing error. i'm a bit confused though, the website says it's anticheat but all kinds of videos show it as a wallhack -- which is it? if it's the later then
    Update what? CS or something else? or sXe?

ANd Sava700.....it is getting hot, but it was always like that hot. So I dunno if it's heating up or its just some other problem.....

I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!

Listen....

I just noticed something...... I only have 1 GB of free space on my hard drive.

However, I've cleared some things up and now I have 12 GB free.

HOWEVER, it turned off again, but like after 40 mins this time.......so............

update sxe...