Thread: Comcast Problems.. Anyone having the same issue as me?

Comcast Problems.. Anyone having the same issue as me?

Hi! I decided to give this forum a try since you all seem very knowledgable. I have Comcast Broadband Internet and have had it for many years now with little to no problems, just the usual service is down every once in a while or after storms or such. I have a SURFboard cable modem, and a US Robotics USR8054 Wireless router connected to it. I would wake up and have no internet connection on my laptop, which was working fine the night before. If I unplugged the router and plugged it back in, I would regain connection. The problem has gotten worse and worse lately, I tried a new router which worked fine for a while but last night it just stopped working completely, I think its busted or fried somehow so I had to put my old one back in. It seems to have great trouble getting an IP address from the modem, I have to reset it several times before I get a DHCP response and IP address.
    I just don't understand why after so long with no problems it is giving me all these problems now, did comcast change something that I need to know of? Does anyone seem to be experiencing the same problems? I called comcast tech support but they did little to help, they put in a new modem but still having the same issues, and unfortunatly whenever a tech comes out it seems to work fine so they don't see the problem! Any help you can give me is greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Need to troubleshoot which side fails for you. You mention "wireless router".....so is your laptop using the wireless? If you can't connect..is your wireless connection to the router gone?
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!