Thread: Huxley (Xbox 360/PC)

404 Sanity Not Found PsykoPenguin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Huxley (Xbox 360/PC)

Well here's some links that'll provide a good up to date view on Huxley.

Huxley Progress Report
    Huxley Character Creation and Skills
    Huxley Cities and Questing
    [--------Update Above-------]
    It's a MMOFPS that I've been waiting for since 2006. It uses the Unreal 3 engine and it's somewhat of a Twitch Action FPS like Unreal Tournament and Quake. It's based Aldous Huxley’s book 'A brave new world' so it will have some story to it. It's also going to have some sort of clan support and it's supposed to be more clan oriented even though you don't need one to play and you can go solo if you wish to do so.

Well according to many sites it's going to come out Q2 2008, not sure if for both or just one of those things, I'm hoping for both but a lot of people are saying that will be the PC release and Xbox 360 release will come roughly 6 months later.

I've been using a lot of translators to translate those Korean sites to english since they seem to contain more info about it.

Anyways, not sure if anyone knows how Huxley is but it's going to be an MMOFPS. No ones quite sure about how many players there'll be per server but everyones saying anywhere from 5000 - 10000. At least that'll be within the cities themselves. There'll be battlegrounds for PvP I believe there'll be 20-30 to at launch. I'm not sure as to how big the battles will be but I'm going to try and find out but many are speculating 20 vs 20 since they doubt 100 vs 100 or even 60 vs 60 or 120 vs 120, there's been all kinds of numbers out there but I'll try and find out the real numbers.

Update: Apparently it'd be up to 120 vs 120 but it'd vary by map since certain maps can only hold a certain amount of players, though no one is sure if the whole print thing that said the max will be 20 vs 20. So I suppose that too is a mystery. The beta apparently only had small numbers like 8 v 8. I suppose we'd have to wait for the release to see how many players there'll be.

Update 2: Apparently I was wrong, it's 100 vs 100. I got this off another forum so yeah..

[-------------------------------------------]<= it's there to indicate the beginning of the stuff from the other forum.
    Collarsup wrote:
    The 100vs. 100 limits has been directly confirmed in an interview with Mr. Kang himself (translated):

"KJ: 100 vs 100 battle in Huxley does not take place in completely opened world, and it's tactical. Now let's take a look at Huxley's squad system. 4 players form a squad; 5 squads form a platoon(20 players); 5 platoon form a company. Platoon leader commands 20 men(it is 50 in the original article but as it doesn't make sense I fixed it), and company leader commands 100 men. Debuff effect will be different by a number of squad gathered around."

So far, all they have shown in the korean tests have been smaller games (there is a large variety of game sizes, beyond the massive ones). They are probably tweaking their netcode before they come out with the big stuff.
    So it IS going to be 100 vs 100? Wow that seems like a lot of people to command, sheesh, that puts a lot of pressure on the commanding officer. Then again though I'm sure each squad will have their own leader so they just follow the lead of their leader and the company leader commands the leaders what to do and the squad leaders take over from there and do what they got to do to accomplish what the company leader wants to accomplish.

but then again though, I suppose that'd be even more difficult since it says that a squad is 4 players, 1 leader for every 4. 20 leaders total. that's quite a bit of people to talk to. 5 platoon leaders is easier and from there they can possibly break it down to squads and each get their own little 3 to talk to (4 if they include themselves) so I suppose that works out in the end in one way or another. Just a tad bit confusing though haha.

Wow I lost myself in that one.
    [-------------------------------------------]<= there to indicate its the end of that.

As for PC and Console interacting I heard there'll be some but in the sense of certain quests or something amongst those lines where you have to work together and there'll be no PvP or trading or anything like that between console and PC users, of course they're supposed to be different games, PC version is going to be different from the Xbox 360 version.

I know I'm going to call the whole rumor that's been going around the net about console users being able to play on pc servers b.s., that's not going to be possible since basically the majority of the game will be different so it's 2 different versions. It's sort of like saying you can play Halo 2 on Halo 3 servers in the sense that you can play with Halo 3 people using Halo 2 and vice versa.

The Xbox 360 version is supposed to contain single player as well when it is released.

Also, if you're wondering about a monthly fee, no one knows, Webzen still hasn't released any details on that but speculation says yes, a 10-15 dollar monthly fee. (Update below)

If you're looking for a good sum of details and such you could try these links since they seem to be all based on Huxley.

Huxley-Evolved
    Huxley Game
    Huxley Game (co.uk, different from the other one I posted.)
    Wikipedia - Huxley

Other than that just look for some korean clan sites and use something like google translator to translate it into English, some stuff will be off but at least they don't use slang in their info.

Well I suppose you can ask me as well and I'll answer any questions I know the answer to.

Even though it's going to be for PC and the Xbox 360, I'm personally going after the 360 versions so I have no money for a new fancy 'puter.

Well I decided to post the FAQ here from Huxley-Evolved since I doubt many are going to take the time to click the link.

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley-Evolved
    How many battlegrounds will there be in Huxley?
    20-30 battlegrounds at launch

What are the licenses in Huxley?
    There are 4 distinct licenses you will be able to attain in Huxley, including :

Weapon License : Allows you to use more advanced weapons, heavier weapons ect.

Commanding License : Will give you the right to be able to be the commander in battlegrounds.

Driving License : Allows you to driver certain types of vehicles such as aircrafts, and tanks.

Special License : This license allows you to do special abilities, such as hacking, repairing vehicles, giving health, and ammo.

What kind of special RPG skills can you have?
    There are several RPG abilities for each class, you can view them at the armor page.

What classes are there?
    There are 3 basic classes - Enforcer, Avenger and Phantom

How many cities are in Huxley?
    There will be two major cities at launch, one for each race.

I’ve heard that Huxley uses instancing technology. What is it, and how is it used?
    As has become more common in other MMO's, “Instances” place groups in an environment that is private to them, so we can craft a compelling adventure that will not be interrupted or interfered with by other players. In Huxley there will be quests/missions that will generate a instance for players and groups.

Is there a crafting system in Huxley?
    Yes! You can upgrade your weaponry and armor. We will unveil the details of these systems over time.

Where will the game take place?
    Roughly 64 years after the cataclysm that contaminated the Earth.

Is there a way to travel across long distances quickly?
    There are a number of vehicles in Huxley which are used as personal transport on and off the battlefield. There is also a public transportation around the cities, and main areas.

When is Huxley releasing?
    Currently all information points to a Korean launch of Q1, and a US launch of Q2.

What are the system requirments for Huxley?
    Please check the overview section for the estimated system requirements.

Is there guild housing?
    It has been reported to have some sort of in-game housing, no more information at this time.

What does the Unreal 3 engine support?
    Many of the latest in next-generation graphics, including HDR. The game will support duel-core and just recently Unreal 3.0 will have Directx 10.

Will Huxley be pay to play?
    Most likely yes, and if it is it will be around $10-$15 a month. But you never know, there might not be a fee at all.

Will Huxley be cross-platform PC vs. Xbox360?
    It has been confirmed that there will be "some" sort of cross-platform play.

How large are the battles in Huxley's PVP?
    The largest battles will be 100vs100 or total of 200 players. And as stated in a older demonstration each server cluster will hold 5,000 players.

What is the level cap in huxley?
    The most recent level cap is 50, this may or may not change.

Is there PVE in Huxley?
    Yes, but little information is known.

Will there be guild support in Huxley?
    Absolutely! But there is no other information on what kind of support this will be.

Will there be in-game advertising?
    Yes, this will be provided by Massive.

Who is publishing/devoloping Huxley?
    Webzen.

Will their be a Xbox360 beta?
    Their is no information regarding a Xbox360 Beta.

What is the official Huxley website?
    North America : www.huxleyversus.com
    Korea : www.huxley.co.kr

What is MMOFPS?
    MMOFPS refers to Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter.

What are the service areas for Huxley?
    America, Europe, Asia
    Now to quote the whole game overview thing here.

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley-Evolved
    Platforms : PC / Xbox360
    Genre : MMOFPS
    Devoloper : Webzen Inc.
    Publisher : Webzen Inc.
    Release Date : Q2 2008 | Xbox 360 version; follows roughly 6 months later
    Service Area : North America, Europe, Asia
    Official Website : www.huxleyversus.com

Speculated System Requirements -
    These system requirents are for the beta, and expect them to optimize even more before release.

Minimum Requirements -

CPU - Pentium 4 2.4GHz Single Core processor or AMD equivalent
    System RAM - 1GB
    Video Card - Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 128MB RAM (NVIDIA 6600 or better/ATI X1300 or better)
    Sound Card - 100% direct X 9.0c compatible sound card
    Windows XP or Windows Vista
    Hard disc space - 6GB free space

Recommended Requirements -

CPU - Intel P4 3.0ghz processor or AMD Equivalant
    System RAM - 2GB
    Video card - DX9 - Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 256MB RAM (Nvidia Geforce 7600 GT or ATI equivalent) DirectX10 - 8800 GTS
    Sound Card - 100% direct X 9.0c compatible sound card
    Windows XP or Windows Vista
    Beta Information -
    You can visit our beta center for all the information needed for the Huxley Beta. Please do not email asking us about beta information, everything we have or allowed to say is on our beta page.

Game Description -
    Huxley is a massively multiplayer online first-person shooting game (MMOFPS) developed by the H-Studio of global online entertainment company, WEBZEN Inc. Huxley takes place in a post-apocalyptic world where human beings have mutated and are divided into two opposing races, Sapiens and Alternative. At the center of the battle for survival is Lunarites, a promising new energy source that both sides seek to obtain. Forced to battle against one another for the continuance of each race, Sapiens and Alternatives are willing to do whatever it takes to wipe out the conflicting race and gain control of the world and its resources

Story -
    In near future, Nuclearites bombard the World. Destructive earthquakes, massive tidal waves and dramatic climate changes wreak havoc around the globe, isolating continents and driving the human race into chaos. Those who survive the destruction dream of tranquility, but an eruption among the human race and the appearance of horrible mutants drives the world into further disorder. Racism and oppression cause rebellious uprisings and war that divide the landscape between two powers: Sapiens and Alternative, At the heart of the war emerges a powerful energy source the Lunarites created by Huxley, a scientist and possible savior.

Both factions seek glory and victory, fighting mercilessly for the Lunerites and their very existence.
    Features -

I. FPS IN A PERSISTENT WORLD.
    Huxley delivers the excitement and rich gameplay experience of an MMORPG while combining the knuckle-whitening action of an FPS. Players can communicate with each other in a virtual online city, and participate in side battles with the intuitive PvP (player vs. player) system. Everything a character does in the Huxley world directly affects the success of not only the individual, but also of their race and party; from battles to behaviors, all interactions are linked to the survival of a character’s entire race.

II. LARGE-SCALE BATTLES.
    Huxley goes past traditional death match FPS gameplay by challenging players to adapt to new forms of combat to protect the interests of the camp. Servers will be solely dedicated to accommodate millions of users engaged in fast paced, large-scale combat. Players will require strategy and cooperation to achieve victory. Extensive multiplayer battle modes are available each with a variety of unique fighting techniques and special characteristics.

III. ADVANCED A.I. AND QUESTS.
    Huxley has advanced A.I. that rivals other online games. Enemies in Huxley demonstrate remarkable intelligence, which can be used to a player’s advantage or demise. Quests in Huxley will take players on paths of intrigue to uncover conspiracies resulting in confrontations. Each quest is continually updated so players feel as though they are enjoying a new story mode every time they play.

IV. CHARACTER GROWTH AND UNIQUE PLAY STYLES.
    The characters in Huxley are continuously growing, which is rare in FPS games. Players are able to enhance their own combat styles by obtaining out-of-this-world weapons and new skills, which in turn continuously challenges players to adopt different gameplay styles as they progress.
    Extra Info:
    This'll be where I put any additional info I find that isn't really covered in that FAQ.

[---Update---]
    http://www.oxm.co.uk/article.php?id=4501

Huxley MMO still alive, new details revealed
    Thursday 29-May-2008 11:19 PM New information surfaces on long-delayed MMO/FPS
    Some new details on the long-awaited online shooter Huxley have been confirmed by OXM in the US. A spokesman for developer/publisher Webzen has revealed exclusive content for the Xbox 360 in the current issue of the magazine, along with the news that you won't need to pay a subscription if you skip the "MMO" part of the game.

It's been a long while since we heard anything about Huxley, which we'd assumed was due to the massive amount of work involved in creating it. Combining FPS standards like twitch combat and vehicles with a persistent MMO world featuring player-v-player, player-v-enemy and a proper levelling system, it's a hugely ambitious creation.

Now Producer Kijong "KJ" Kang has told our chums in the States that while the 360 version will be out a few months out after the PC release later this year, it'll feature a lot more content.

Xbox-exclusive campaigns and PVP battles will "reveal more secrets about world that you will never find in the PC version," he said. This single-player gameplay will feed naturally into an MMO backend where you can get stuck into 200-person PvP battles.

You'll have to pay a subscription to access the servers, but if you stick to single-player, you're assured of "a great experience... without any charges or fees."

If you're in the US, check out the story in issue #85 of OXM, July issue in the UK.
    [---End of Update---]

Collarsup wrote:
    He said in that quote that there would be voice chat built in, but then something about it being crazy chaotic with 100 people all at once. I think they are going to do what you said, where the commander can talk to the 5 platoon leaders, who can each talk to their component squad leaders.
    Last edited by PsykoPenguin; 06-07-08 at 07:48 PM.
    "I'm like a lion on the prowl after prey"

I've been keeping track of this game for a little over a year now. It looks kinda like PlanetSide, except good. Cant wait to see it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by xekushnr View Post
    I've been keeping track of this game for a little over a year now. It looks kinda like PlanetSide, except good. Cant wait to see it.
    I haven't tried planetside due to having a crappy comp but I think I can barely run that game on my comp looking at the system specs.

Anyways... I've been waiting for Huxley since 2006, I originally heard it was going to be released in mid 2007 of course that was nothing more but speculating. Well at least we're getting this game. It's better late than never I always say. I don't care about waiting the extra months for a console release since I find that to be understandable, they obviously want to fix the majority of the bugs before the console release, that way they don't have to deal with pc users and console users complaining about the bugs.

I read somewhere that they'll have player housing and clan housing, it was on a korean site, they said it would be instanced so there'd be no house fights or anything of that sorts... Sort of unfortunate and fortunate. Unfortunate because it kind of takes out some fun but fortunate because it'd be too much of a pain in the arse to keep a couple of people behind sitting around all day inside the clan housing.

I wonder what kind of civilian vehicles there'll be. I wonder if the vehicles would be customizable.

Blog Entries
    Well I just got info on that pvp battles thing for Huxley. The maximum amount of players at least inside of a battle apparently. Just look through the first post for it. Should be where all the other info is about the PvP.

So its 100v100 instanced? I've got to say I would rather see this happen in one large instance of the total world instead of instanced battlegrounds but I understand that it would cause hell on framerates, load times, and networks.

I'll be getting this on 360. I think my computer would catch fire if I tried to run this game on it.

Blog Entries
    So its 100v100 instanced? I've got to say I would rather see this happen in one large instance of the total world instead of instanced battlegrounds but I understand that it would cause hell on framerates, load times, and networks.

I'll be getting this on 360. I think my computer would catch fire if I tried to run this game on it.

Yeah, it's going to be instanced. A lot of people are complaining about it, kind of like how WoW used to be world battling, now they have instanced battle grounds. I find it to be much more fun since like that since people wont be able to gank you. It's like having to spin around all day because you're being paranoid that you'll get ganked, you wont even play for that matter because you'd be ganked constantly. Mainly by snipers I'm sure.

I've got some info on the whole voice thing, well not really info just something that I got off the other forums I'm on, just confirms that there will be voice support for Huxley.

I'll put it at the very bottom of the first post.

Hey have you seen any of the Huxley Beta videos?

Quote Originally Posted by penguincomrade View Post
    Hey have you seen any of the Huxley Beta videos?
    Not yet, I havent seen any videos yet, just screens that are a year or so old. Where can I see the videos?

Blog Entries
    Not yet, I havent seen any videos yet, just screens that are a year or so old. Where can I see the videos?
    Well there's a few here: http://huxley-evolved.com/huxley/videos/
    Edit: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/margare...oadsVideo.html that's another site that has quite a few videos. It's really just armoureddragons.com but didn't want to give ya extra work by making you go to that site then go to the downloads section. It's one of those urls that covers up the real url. Anyways check those 2 sites out, they got some stuff there. The second one requires you to have the DivX or was it Xvid web player.

I know I've got more somewhere, I got a pretty large one over at my site, I'll post again when I have it up, I just recently switched hosts again so I'm getting my site up and running again. Shouldn't take too long to set up a temporary page to view the video I want to show you. It's about 30 mins long so it'd take a bit of time to fully load. It's basically a really long gameplay video.
    Last edited by PsykoPenguin; 02-17-08 at 06:05 AM.

Blog Entries
    Well it took me a bit actually since I didn't just want to make a random page at random intervals and link to them so I just made 1 page with all the videos in them, well links to them at least. Anyways if you want to check out my nice little video collection of Huxley click here.

There's also a few more up to date videos which the 4 top ones. They're all from IGN since they been keeping up to date about Huxley recently even if it's basically for PC it'll give us an a general idea of what the Xbox 360 version will be like. If you want a good read check it out for yourself. [links below and in first post]

Huxley Progress Report
    Huxley Character Creation and Skills
    Huxley Cities and Questing

Though with the updates they still haven't announced whether or not it'll be pay to play or if it'll be free to play. They did confirm that the micro-transactions will not effect gameplay at all. Meaning that you can't buy "t3h sup3r 3|173 w34p0n" for a few dollars and just kill everything/one really fast nor can you buy armor and such and such, so I find that to be a good thing. I will be getting this game regardless of it's monthly fee, of course I wont be getting it if it's more than $20 USD a month and yes, for the Xbox 360.

Well enjoy!
    Last edited by PsykoPenguin; 03-07-08 at 03:19 AM.

dude you got too much free time !
    To be human is to choose.

It is better to die on your feet
    than to live on your knees.

- Emiliano Zapata

Blog Entries
    I meant to post this about a week ago but never got around to it but here it is anyway:

http://www.oxm.co.uk/article.php?id=4501

Huxley MMO still alive, new details revealed
    Thursday 29-May-2008 11:19 PM New information surfaces on long-delayed MMO/FPS
    Some new details on the long-awaited online shooter Huxley have been confirmed by OXM in the US. A spokesman for developer/publisher Webzen has revealed exclusive content for the Xbox 360 in the current issue of the magazine, along with the news that you won't need to pay a subscription if you skip the "MMO" part of the game.

It's been a long while since we heard anything about Huxley, which we'd assumed was due to the massive amount of work involved in creating it. Combining FPS standards like twitch combat and vehicles with a persistent MMO world featuring player-v-player, player-v-enemy and a proper levelling system, it's a hugely ambitious creation.

Now Producer Kijong "KJ" Kang has told our chums in the States that while the 360 version will be out a few months out after the PC release later this year, it'll feature a lot more content.

Xbox-exclusive campaigns and PVP battles will "reveal more secrets about world that you will never find in the PC version," he said. This single-player gameplay will feed naturally into an MMO backend where you can get stuck into 200-person PvP battles.

You'll have to pay a subscription to access the servers, but if you stick to single-player, you're assured of "a great experience... without any charges or fees."

If you're in the US, check out the story in issue #85 of OXM, in the July issue in the UK.