Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just Planes

Just Planes

I have posted a number of pictures of civilian and military planes. Some are just awesome.

If anyone has any pictures that are not here post them and I will copy them into this location and make a big display. If I get enough I will break them up into military and civilian sections.

Just Planes

There are about 50 pictures there, I think. I have not checked them all out yet. My Internet is running so slow I might have to get a dial up connection to get anything done.
    Last edited by blacklab; 02-09-08 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Correct spelling

Blog Entries
    E-6 Mercury aircraft that I used to fly on in the Navy:

V-22B Osprey. Cool airplane to build:

UH-1Y Huey. This one is one of the ones I helped build before being moved over to the Osprey production line:

Bell 430. That's my dad in the pilots seat on the left as you're looking at the aircraft:

------
    “The most beautiful thing we can experience in life is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: for his eyes are closed.” - Albert Einstein

Thanks Indy

If anyone can post the name of the plane I will add it to the image.

looks like the 80s show airwolf

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by horsemen_ View Post
    The aircraft that they used in the airwolf show was a repossessed helicopter from somewhere down in South America. My dad and a co-worker of his were the ones tasked with going down there and retrieving it
    ------
    “The most beautiful thing we can experience in life is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: for his eyes are closed.” - Albert Einstein

Blog Entries
    EC-130Q. This was the plane that I worked on prior to our squadron getting the E-6A Mercury. The wing pods contained a total of 5 satellite antennas, and the two orange drogues on the back of the aircraft spooled out a 5000 ft trailing wire and a 25,000 ft trailing wire to transmit VLF radio.

------

F-16 Falcon and P-51 Mustang

F-14 Tomcat

F-22 Raptor

Mig-29 Fulcrum

A10 Thunderbolt

B-52 Bomber

B-17 Flying Fortress

Su-25 Frogfoot

AV-8B Harier

F-15 Eagle

F-117 Nighthawk

Blog Entries
    F4U corsair. The aircraft that my grandfather flew when he was in the Navy during WWII. He had to ditch one time right after take off from the Kitty Hawk and was subsequently picked up after waiting on the wing of his aircraft. He said that the swells were so great that when his plane dropped to the bottom end of the swell, you could not see the carrier.

------

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    F4U corsair. The aircraft that my grandfather flew when he was in the Navy during WWII. He had to ditch one time right after take off from the Kitty Hawk and was subsequently picked up after waiting on the wing of his aircraft. He said that the swells were so great that when his plane dropped to the bottom end of the swell, you could not see the carrier.

Great pic. My grandfather was a Cpt in the Marine Corps and flew a corsair on a carrier in the south pacific during WWII
    Speedguide.... If you don't love Obama you won't like it here.
    Straight out the Trailer!
    Re.....Spect "walk"!

MacBook Pro 2.33Ghz, 3G of Ram, OS X

Thanks MetalHead324 and Indy. Love the pictures.

If anyone can identify any of the pictures that do not have names on them I would appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
    Thanks MetalHead324 and Indy. Love the pictures.

If anyone can identify any of the pictures that do not have names on them I would appreciate it.
    i think the one that shagster posted is an F-18 Hornet

one of the USA'a newest:
    F-35 Lightning

I love that A10 pic!

Blog Entries
    E-6 Mercury during an in flight refueling behind a KC-135. Both airframes are based on the Boeing 707. I always liked the times when we did in flight refueling, as it meant we went radio silent during that time (usually for about 90 minutes):

AH-1W Super Cobra. These are being brought into our plant to be upgraded to the AH-1Z model:

------

Blog Entries
    Aero Spacelines 377SGT Super Guppy Turbine. Owned and operated by NASA. Of the five that were built, this is the only one still flying. They transport Osprey fuselages from Philadelphia to us out here in Amarillo.

An image I took with my cell phone of the guppy when we were offloading an osprey fuselage a couple of weeks ago. The blue ramp in front of the Guppy is what the Osprey is offloaded on to; we then lift it off with a crane and set it down on the tarmac from there.:

------

Blog Entries
    A couple of pix I took when the shuttle Atlantis was in town last summer:

The shuttle and a CV-22B Osprey doing a flyby-

A nice sideshot of the shuttle & 747 taxiing-

------

Make room for a REAL JET!

Make way for it's bigger brother

Last edited by blebs; 02-11-08 at 08:55 AM.
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces people into thinking they can't lose. -Bill Gates

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blebs99 View Post
    Make room for a REAL JET!

Isn't that the same jet that they used in one of the James Bond movies?
    ------